WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (book SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WATCHMEN Movie Discussion

Those are some great pics:rock:rock:rock:rock I'm looking more and more forward to this movie. When i it coming out again? Isnt there some legal issues going on or something?

Those are some great pics:rock:rock:rock:rock I'm looking more and more forward to this movie. When i it coming out again? Isnt there some legal issues going on or something?

OMG, YES...these pics are awesome! The Comedian is sleazy as ****!!

And Fingaz, apparently 20th Centry Fox still holds the rights and decided not to bring up the fact until Warner Brothers already had the movie in production.

They issued a desist letter, so they had to halt production until it's resolved but it looks like they at least wrapped shooting beforehand.

The official site is still listing the release date as 03/06/09

Last edited:

That's a real +++++ move.

It won't come out for another year:google That's soooooooooo looooooooooooong:monkey2

In as few words as possible, whats the big deal about the Watchmen comic? What is so different between them and, say, Superman and Batman?

In as few words as possible, whats the big deal about the Watchmen comic? What is so different between them and, say, Superman and Batman?

The main difference is that WATCHMEN is the best-written comic in history, period.

I'm really happy with the look of the characters - keeps the feel of the originals, but makes them more movie/real world-ish. Ozy has that Superman feel and Night Owl definitely evokes the new Bat suit.

As for how Watchmen is different from typical comic books? It set the tone for how comics would be interpreted and written from the '80s on. If not for Watchmen, I doubt we'd have seen Nolan's Batman. It's an incredibly dark take on what the world might be like if super humans really existed.

This is gotta my most anticipated movie in a very long time and it's to see it's coming together nicely! Rorschach is probably one of the best characters ever written into a comic and by far one of my favorite characters to date from any medium. :rock

As for how Watchmen is different from typical comic books? It set the tone for how comics would be interpreted and written from the '80s on. If not for Watchmen, I doubt we'd have seen Nolan's Batman. It's an incredibly dark take on what the world might be like if super humans really existed.

I think DKR and Batman: Year One paved the way for Nolan's vision of Batman. The majority of Begins is based off the ideas of Miller's Year One.

Posted at https://rss.warnerbros.com/watchmen/

comedianxh9.png
niteowlyd6.png
rorschachts0.png
ozymandiasjg2.png
silkspectrexn3.png

These pics look great and I can't wait for the movie. Only one question, were is the Superman of the group? Where is Dr. Manhattan?

Also on the significance of Watchmen, there would be no Marvels, no Kingdom Come and no New Frontier without Watchmen. Season 3 of the Justice League series took a real queue from Watchmen. Oh, and you can't tell me Marvel didn't get any inspiration for Civil War from Watchmen.

I have no doubt in my mind that if there were real superheroes today they would be the Watchmen. Who watches the Watchmen? I will.

Last edited:

No pics of Dr. Manhattan? I guess he'll be all CG and they haven't nailed a look for him yet.

Also on the significance of Watchmen, there would be no Marvels, no Kingdom Come and no New Frontier without Watchmen. Season 3 of the Justice League series took a real queue from Watchmen. Oh, and you can't tell me Marvel didn't get any inspiration for Civil War from Watchmen.

There would also be no "Incredibles" without Watchmen.

The main difference is that WATCHMEN is the best-written comic in history, period.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

I work with a guy who is a self described "comic book expert" and he refuses to read Watchmen because it "gets too much acclaim and is elitist". :rolleyes:

Silly Git.

Punch him in the face for me.

Serious, how can you be a comic book expert and not read watchmen, that's just being stupid. You can't have that title if you haven't read the greatest one of all. OH, there's a reason why it gets so much acclaim.....

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with Mando. Dark Knight Returns came before Watchmen and changed the industry for good. I see it having much more influence on Nolan's vision.

Punch him in the face for me.

Done and done. He sat there rubbing his nose saying "what was that for?". "Irish told me to", I said and just walked away. :lol

He's always talking crap about Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman even though he refuses read their stuff because it's "elitist". :confused: If anything is said to be great by too many people it must be crap in his mind.

After having several conversations with him about it, I realize he's basically just a Marvel only fanboy and I'll never understand how you can shut yourself off from so many other great stories because of an allegiance to one company.

This year will be a great comic book movie year, Iron Man, Hulk, Dark Knight, Hellboy II, but next year is Watchmen and it stands to become the best comic book movie ever. Everything I've seen and heard so far makes me think they're making all the right decisions.

He's always talking crap about Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman even though he refuses read their stuff because it's "elitist". :confused: If anything is said to be great by too many people it must be crap in his mind.

He needs to be kicked in the balls for that. Maybe that'll change his mind.

Back