War Machine Mk1,2, and 3 - Just one? Which one? or ALL to show the whole Evolution?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymas

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think it is interesting that all three Marks' of War Machine are available to order or pre-order now all at the same time. I don't recall a full evolution of a character variations being able to be ordered at the same time before. I myself am planning to only have one, but I wonder how many plan to be doing an evolution? I image some who do this will also include Iron Patriot in addition to, or instead of, the Mark II.
WarMachine-all3.jpg
They do all look really cool together and I can imagine that War Machine fans would love to do this.

Anyway, I thought a consolidated thread would be helpful for those wanting to discuss multiple War machines or discuss which one they like best over the others all in one place rather than bouncing between threads. I myself already have the Mark II, I really like it and it really is a really nice figure, but I would have preferred a bulkier version of the character; which I thinks better fits how he is portrayed in the comics. I initially thought getting the MkI would be the no brainer replacement for my MkII, but now the MkIII is growing on me. But, when I look at the cost of these newer ones, and take into account that I likely will take a loss selling my MkII, I am wondering if I just should stick with the one I have. Again, it's a beautiful figure, and they only thing I have against it is a bit of feeling like "the grass is greener" on another version.

Anyway, I thought because all of these are available at the same time, a thread talking about them in the context of one another, whether you are getting one or all, might be cool.

Attachments

• WarMachine-Evolution.jpg
    WarMachine-Evolution.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 359
Mk II has been discounted so many times I'm surprised that I haven't picked him up. However, the die cast Mk I announcement made me very glad that I did as I have been wanting one for years. After that, the Mk III (though I love the chest piece) was too late to get on my radar.

It's actually funny that the marks actually go in order based on my own preference. I like Mark I the best and III the least. I plan on only getting one unless I have money to burn and get a really great deal.

I'll likely pick-up the diecast Mark I. Still debating if I need it as I'm really happy with my Special Version and not sure I want two of the same armour. Swore I'd never sell the SV, but maybe I will to keep my IM collection slim. I like Marks II and III, as well, but IM is not enough of a focus that I need them represented. I is still by far the best design.

The only one I'm missing is Iron Man mark 2 unleashed... I even have both versions of Mark 2... It all depends on how much you like War Machine I suppose.

I like Mark 1 the best. He looks beast like a tank. 2 is a little bare compared to that release and 3 looks like a mix of the two but not as imposing.

But that's just me.

If u have the option then ALL is always the answer. Lol outside of that its whatever you like best.

It's either 1 or 3 for myself. i will end up getting one of them, most likely 3 as I don't care very much for Iron Man 2 and Civil War looks awesome. The Mark 2 just looks like a silver and black version of Iron Man with a shoulder cannon, which War Machine is more than just a repaint, at least to me he is. Hopefully the Mark 3 has more than just one scene in Civil War.

Looking to sell my original mk1 and pick all three up. Have Patriot already so I guess it could fit into the evolution nicely. Other than Robocain there's nothing that's taking my interest apart from War Machine.

Personally, Mark I is closest to how I remembered War Machine to be. Much more of an armored up look.

Easy choice for me, DC Mk1 hands down. Yeah the mini-gun is starting to look dated compared to the more high tech shoulder cannons on the Mk2 and 3, but still the strongest design overall AND looks straight out of the comics, tough combo to beat. The Mk2 isn't even in the running IMO, I really dislike that design. I was looking forward to the Mk3 but after the full reveal, I wasn't too impressed. They got parts of it right but parts of it wrong, and that price point made the pass decision easy for me.

I own the AoU mk2 but if I had a clean slate and were presented with these 3 figures, I'd take the mk1 easily followed by the mk3. Jumped the gun on wanting to own my first Hot Toy figure...

Space is limited so I'm just going for the DC MKI. The baddest of them all.

Back