Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Walt Disney World and Dineyland(s) Discussion

Thanks for sharing the pics but I do have to question some of the design choices. Why is a humongous Buzz Lightyear at the entrance? Are we to be smaller than toy scale in this land?

Thanks for sharing the pics but I do have to question some of the design choices. Why is a humongous Buzz Lightyear at the entrance? Are we to be smaller than toy scale in this land?

Yep that was the general design idea. That you would scale down to the size of the military men from Toy Story.

Ouch :
Well, Murphy made it almost through the entire Summer Nightastic! promotion. She just had to make 3 more shows... but alas, she fell... literally.

For those who were there, she actually collapsed and caused a huge mechanical failure. Disney has no estimated time on her return, but Al Lutz said initial estimates are 4-6 months.

Yah ouch is right. I hope they get it fixed in time for your visit!

Well I don't hold high hopes for anything being fixed for this weekend, and even December sounds iffy.

Apparently they had her body behind a water screen for the shows.

Well I don't hold high hopes for anything being fixed for this weekend, and even December sounds iffy.

Apparently they had her body behind a water screen for the shows.

I'll keep you afloat on the situation unless you're caught up yourself. If it's not fixed, I'd say avoid it entirely. The dragon is one of those reasons why you need to see the Disneyland version. So definitely skip it if it's still broken.

Wohooo!!!
Going to Disneyland on Friday for my birthday!!
I'm looking forward to the World of Color show!
Thanks for the tips CoheteBoy!

I'm also going to check out Captain EO at last!!!
Hopefully I can check it out twice!!!

Sucks about Fantasmic, but I've already seen it 3 times...

Wohooo!!!
Going to Disneyland on Friday for my birthday!!
I'm looking forward to the World of Color show!
Thanks for the tips CoheteBoy!

I'm also going to check out Captain EO at last!!!
Hopefully I can check it out twice!!!

Sucks about Fantasmic, but I've already seen it 3 times...

Sweet! I'm sure seeing Eo twice will be no problem.

During the summer holiday I went to Disneyland Paris (I live in Europe:lol)

And I was lucky enough to be there during the opening of the new Toy Story Play land. There are some new fun attractions and I enjoyed them although the ques are very long.

Now seeing if I might get back to Disneyland Paris in October for Halloween with some friends.

Some pictures of the new Toy Story Land:

dsc0476d.jpg

dsc0478x.jpg

dsc0479o.jpg

dsc0480b.jpg

dsc0487n.jpg

dsc0491y.jpg

dsc0494q.jpg

dsc0495x.jpg

And it was great so see Captain EO! I loved every second of it!
dsc0527uy.jpg

Great pictures looks amazing there

Yep that was the general design idea. That you would scale down to the size of the military men from Toy Story.

Makes sense with the parachute drop and being able to fit in RC. Are there any other rides in that area?

I'll keep you afloat on the situation unless you're caught up yourself. If it's not fixed, I'd say avoid it entirely. The dragon is one of those reasons why you need to see the Disneyland version. So definitely skip it if it's still broken.

I got that from Mousetimes, which is the board I actually post on (I read a couple others but just lurk). I think the info originally came from Lutz's blog, though.

I'll probably hold off on it until Dec, and if it's not fixed by then, oh well, we'll probably just do the dragon-less show.

I got that from Mousetimes, which is the board I actually post on (I read a couple others but just lurk). I think the info originally came from Lutz's blog, though.

I'll probably hold off on it until Dec, and if it's not fixed by then, oh well, we'll probably just do the dragon-less show.

Yah the info came from miceage / micechat. But I really recommend not seeing the dragon-less show. If you think you'll return to Disneyland frequently, it's worth waiting.

And Kuzeh posted this in the tron thread:

Sounds like fun!

It does, but it sucks that my annual pass expires on friday and I wasn't thinking about renewing it until January...
might need to bump it to December I guess!!
:lol!!

Oh and I just found out the Haunted Mansion is closed this weekend... :(

Anyway, here's what I posted:

Didn't know where to put this...

:rock!!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/09/first-look-at-electronica/

First Look at ElecTRONica
posted on September 1st, 2010 by Heather Hust Rivera, Manager, Print and Social Media, Disneyland Resort

As they say in the digital world of TRON, “Greetings, Programs!” Today, we’re sharing concept art that gives you a first look at the new party we’re calling ElecTRONica. I’m told it’s the greatest nighttime dance party to ever rock Disney California Adventure park.
Beginning October 8, the interactive, digital world of “TRON: Legacy” will light up Hollywood Pictures Backlot as we gear up for the film’s release on December 17. This will be a cool opportunity to peek inside the world of this movie, and it’s available only to visitors of Disney California Adventure park.

It’s an “electrifying” experience for the entire family, filled with music, lights and some of your favorite food and beverage, all set amidst the captivating world of “TRON: Legacy!” From a dazzling dance club under the stars to an authentic recreation of Flynn’s Arcade to some radical gaming, it’s like nowhere else on the grid! Each night, we’ll feature live entertainers, complete with lasers, glow accessories and the hottest music ever to rock the grid. ElecTRONica is “the” place to dance the night away in a fantastic world that only Disney can create. Highlights for the entire family will definitely be Flynn’s Video Arcade, face painting and the TRON: Evolution video game area.
ElecTRONica will transform Disney California Adventure park Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays this Fall. TRON fans and families can also enjoy the party seven days a week during Thanksgiving week and Christmas week.
Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog, as we’ll be sharing additional details soon, and if you want to stay up-to-date with the latest happenings on ElecTRONica, follow us on Twitter, @Disneyland.

etr018983SMALL.jpg

et0198382SMALL.jpg

Makes sense with the parachute drop and being able to fit in RC. Are there any other rides in that area?
Slinky that is like a fast moving carousel. That is about it for the Toy Story part.

It does, but it sucks that my annual pass expires on friday and I wasn't thinking about renewing it until January...
might need to bump it to December I guess!!
:lol!!

Oh and I just found out the Haunted Mansion is closed this weekend... :(

Yah I'm surprised that they didn't just wait one more week to close Haunted Mansion. I guess they wanted to start Halloween a week earlier this year (last year it began Sept 25) because it makes them so much money. It means they could do an extra week of Halloween parties.

And you should just renew your pass already. You'll get the renewal discount and who knows... they might raise the price again.

Yeah, because I knew about the NBC changeover, but was just assuming they'd wait until after Labor Day.

What's the breakdown of Annual Pass worth-it-ness? We've already bought our tickets for this weekend, but if we go in Dec for (I think) 6 days, how many days within the next calendar year would we need to be there for to start to break even? I think there is a DVC discount on it, unless that's only WDW... I'd have to check.

Yeah, because I knew about the NBC changeover, but was just assuming they'd wait until after Labor Day.

What's the breakdown of Annual Pass worth-it-ness? We've already bought our tickets for this weekend, but if we go in Dec for (I think) 6 days, how many days within the next calendar year would we need to be there for to start to break even? I think there is a DVC discount on it, unless that's only WDW... I'd have to check.

Wow, if you're going this weekend and then going 6 days in December, you should just go for the annual pass. I don't know the price off the top of my head but I do the premium Annual pass and that's over $400 now.

But it gives me entry 365 days a year, free parking in all of the lots, 10-20% off on food and merchandise (depends on what kind of deal they want to give us at the time), and a subscription to some family magazine i recycle immediately.

The one problem is we've already bought our tickets for this trip, so I don't know if we'd get charged for changing that (since they have all those hotel-related change/cancellation fees).

We wouldn't need parking for this trip, not sure about December. I do have to check on how much the pass would be for DVC members.

edit: Apparently the DVC discount is $20, which didn't seem like much. Except that can buy me three pineapple floats and three chocolate covered frozen bananas, so it sounds a lot better that way.

Our trips' tickets would be about $30 less each than a premiere AP (which we'd need, since we're going during like 4 blackout dates). So we're going to go for it anyway, since we're going to try for a weekend for the Halloween Party, plus the discounts, etc.

Last edited:

The one problem is we've already bought our tickets for this trip, so I don't know if we'd get charged for changing that (since they have all those hotel-related change/cancellation fees).

We wouldn't need parking for this trip, not sure about December. I do have to check on how much the pass would be for DVC members.

edit: Apparently the DVC discount is $20, which didn't seem like much. Except that can buy me three pineapple floats and three chocolate covered frozen bananas, so it sounds a lot better that way.

Our trips' tickets would be about $30 less each than a premiere AP (which we'd need, since we're going during like 4 blackout dates). So we're going to go for it anyway, since we're going to try for a weekend for the Halloween Party, plus the discounts, etc.

You can upgrade any pass.

You can upgrade any pass.

Yeah, I checked with them about it... we just have to bring our tickets with us. Which kind of stinks, since we want to get a lot done in the mornings, and will inevitably spend 20-30 minutes on this process, but it should be worth it.

Back