Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Walt Disney World and Dineyland(s) Discussion

I took the family to Disneyland yesterday for my daughter's birthday, and we got passes for the first showing of World of Color and got a really great spot to watch it. I thought Fantasmic was cool until I saw this. I had seen some pictures and video clips, but nothing prepared me for how massive this show was. Pretty dang spectacular.

Took my last trip to Endor yesterday, I'm going to miss the original. It's just not Star Wars without the 80's hair, and I know that is going to disappear in the boarding video when the new ride opens. The ride needs an update though, it's not nearly as exciting as other simulator rides these days. I hope they keep a Death Star trench run as one of the aspects of the new ride.

My brother, sister-in-law, and niece just went to Disneyland last week. My niece had an absolute blast there. Found out she was riding on Space Mountain (her fav), Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, etc...All the fast rides. She went on them multiple times. She's a thrill seeker just like me :yess:

That's awesome. I can't get my little cousins on the fast rides for anything. Buncha chicken ____s.

Yah I'm surprised that they didn't just wait one more week to close Haunted Mansion. I guess they wanted to start Halloween a week earlier this year (last year it began Sept 25) because it makes them so much money. It means they could do an extra week of Halloween parties.

And you should just renew your pass already. You'll get the renewal discount and who knows... they might raise the price again.

Well... we thought about renewing it @ the park, but since we can't go until December there was no point...
Yeah we will end up paying a bit more, but since we get the SoCal select, all summer is pretty much blocked otu for us, so we rather have plenty of dates available during spring and fall.

I took the family to Disneyland yesterday for my daughter's birthday, and we got passes for the first showing of World of Color and got a really great spot to watch it. I thought Fantasmic was cool until I saw this. I had seen some pictures and video clips, but nothing prepared me for how massive this show was. Pretty dang spectacular.

Yes!!! World of Color was amazing!!!
Very impressive!!!
The lines were brutal, but fairly organized...
we saw the 11:15 show, it was awesome!

My one qualm about WoC is that I thought the center water screens were too low. I'm 5'11, and not even halfway back in the "Blue" section, and was barely able to see most of them. So most of the shorter people were screwed for much of the center portion.

I'll be doing a full write-up of the parks for my site (I'd consider that a shameless plug, but I know that no one cares, so it sort of balances out), but a few VERY brief points:

The Indiana Jones ride is diabolical. I feel like an idiot saying how good it is now, since it's been around for so long (Hey, have you guys checked out that XBox video game system? Pretty good stuff), but it was so amazing. It was, of course, "temporarily down" from 9:30 until I left on Monday, unfortunately.

Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans are fantastic.

California Adventure is a lot better than I was expecting.

My one qualm about WoC is that I thought the center water screens were too low. I'm 5'11, and not even halfway back in the "Blue" section, and was barely able to see most of them. So most of the shorter people were screwed for much of the center portion.

I'll be doing a full write-up of the parks for my site (I'd consider that a shameless plug, but I know that no one cares, so it sort of balances out), but a few VERY brief points:

The Indiana Jones ride is diabolical. I feel like an idiot saying how good it is now, since it's been around for so long (Hey, have you guys checked out that XBox video game system? Pretty good stuff), but it was so amazing. It was, of course, "temporarily down" from 9:30 until I left on Monday, unfortunately.

Blue Bayou and Cafe Orleans are fantastic.

California Adventure is a lot better than I was expecting.

Glad you enjoyed Indiana Jones! And it is quite amazing since the ride is 15 years old.

Fun fact: did you know the truck in the queue is the original truck used in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

And DCA is better than you're expecting because it is 9 years old now and they've transformed and added QUITE a lot since then because of all the complaints.

DCA used to be dominated by restaurants... not attractions. The following Eateries no longer exist:

-Soap Opera Bistro (now the Disney Playhouse Stage)
-Hollywood & Dine (closed... to be used as Flynn's Arcade in October)
-Burger Invasion & Pizza Oom Mow Mow (to re-open as ONE single dining location)
-Maliburritos and Chips, Strips & Dips (both locations now Toy Story Midway Mania)
-Corn Dog Castle (closed.. possibly reopening when Little Mermaid ride is finished)

So looking at that, there's a list of 7 locations with only 2 having any possibility of returning.

Yeah, I remember reading one of the problems was it was a bit TOO California-focused, without much Disney theming? Not sure if that's true.

My first true impression of California Adventure was when they announced the Monsters, Inc. ride, and downloading a ride video of Superstar Limo. Which, I can safely say, looks like one of the worst rides I have ever seen.

It looks like it's doing a good job of getting over its growing pains, since some of the upcoming plans look great. And I'm sure it'll be better once they're done working on the Hollywood pathway, since walking through a Bug-themed land doesn't get you in the proper mood to ride ToT.

Yeah, I remember reading one of the problems was it was a bit TOO California-focused, without much Disney theming? Not sure if that's true.

Half right. The idea of having a "california" themed park INSIDE California was ridiculous, but it COULD be done if they didn't get cheap.

The problem wasn't not enough "Disney Theming"... it was that it didn't have enough Disney-quality Theming.

When Disneyland opened, Fantasyland was the only realm where you can find Disney character attraction. I suppose you could meet characters on Main Street and in the parades but each land was themed to something that really wasn't entirely "disney" in identity.

DCA was built on the cheap, not properly laid out, and built under the assumption that people would flock to the park because it had the "Disney" name. It cost guests the same price ($60 about) to go to DCA as it did going to Disneyland. The difference is about 40 attractions or so... which would lead anyone to be disappointed.

That sounds more right (and seeing as it is right, it probably should).

There was a lot of construction going on, for both Cars Land and the Little Mermaid ride, and both are looking great. Upon first glance I thought Cars would be just a re-skinned Autopia, but after finding more about it and seeing preview videos, it is looking like a surefire top three or so attractions in the park.

Finally taking my girlfriend to Disneyworld. I've procrastinating for the longest time. Total damage for 1 week just for the airfare, deluxe resort, and disney tickets is $2300 for 2 people. That can feed a lot of freaking Hot Toys...

Wilderness Lodge Courtyard View. Hopefully it's worth it.

Wilderness Lodge is really nice. It's a little quieter than most other resorts (the higher up you go price wise, the quieter it usually is... Wilderness Lodge's seclusion only increases that), which is a nice thing after spending a day in the parks.

I'm not a big fan of paying cash prices for deluxe resorts, as I do feel they're overpriced. But staying on site is a huge advantage for many reasons (whether you have a car or not).

We were actually planning on using this time share that was given as gift but we found out last minute that we had to pay $500 dollars to use it for some Ramada Inn hotel 30 mins away.

Hopefully we'll have a good time there. Haven't taken a long vacation from work for close to 3 years, lol.

Have a good trip, 2ndname! I wanna see pics and thoughts!

Cokebabies, still waiting on a more thorough write- up from you too!

I'll be doing a full write up on both parks for my site (I've done a lot of WDW ones in the past).

Unfortunately, my writing scheduling can be considered slow at best, and slowed even further by my doing stuff for another site (zug.com). But it will be coming relatively soon, as Disney articles are some of my favorite things to do.

Went to Dland for a few short hours. Didn't do a whole lot but here's just a few snaps I took.

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

It sure would be nice to live close enough to be able to go to Disneyland for just a few hours. :(

Back