Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Walt Disney World and Dineyland(s) Discussion

Definitely post pics if you can, I'd love to see them as well. If I ever win the lottery or some other big financial windfall I'm spending it on a trip to do all the Disney parks in the world.

Great links!!
I just found out in one of those that Dinseyland's Fantasmic Dragon just debuted!!
It looked amazing and quite impressive!!!
I think I have a couple of pics of it...

Will post them later! :rock!

What websites and/or blogs do you guys visit for the latest in Disney? You guys are full of info I've never heard before!

For Disney World there is no better site than www.wdwmagic.com

They focus on WDW and their parks but have amazing info from all Disney parks as well as other Orlando attractions. I'm Disneyfan1981 over there.

One of the rides will be podracing not the entire upgrade. They've already confirmed that left and right. Although they haven't confirmed how much of it will be podracing or whether it'll be a temporary thing like the astroid field...

One of the oldest rumors is that ST 2 will include different destinations, perhaps voted on by the audience. No confirmation on that, though.
AND I like the Podrace! :lol
Go answer some COF questions and dust the tumblweeds on the Mezco board, Jorbert!:emperor:D

I answer to no man who liked the podrace...:rolleyes::lol

I don't blame you. I'm not in very good company. I can only think of two other guys who like it.
bush_lucas.JPG

I like the podrace. It's one of the best parts of TPM to me. I just don't care for it as part of the ride.

I like the podrace. It's one of the best parts of TPM to me. I just don't care for it as part of the ride.

:rock
I actually think it's cool as part of the ride, which is what I imagine it will be. I can't imagine there won't be elements of both trilogies at this point.

I have to see how it works into the ride before I pass judgement on whether I really like it or not.

I don't blame you. I'm not in very good company. I can only think of two other guys who like it.
bush_lucas.JPG

I've heard that the new Pope likes it too... but i think it's only because he's secretly the Emperor...

From Orlando Sentinel

Walt Disney World has built a new monorail train using the undamaged remains of two trains that collided in a deadly accident over the summer.

The new train is expected to go into service later this fall.

It will be painted with a teal stripe to distinguish it from the resort's other trains, each of which have a unique color. Disney said the colors pink and purple -- the colors of the two trains involved in the collision -- will be retired out of respect for employees following the first fatal accident in the Disney World monorail's 38-year history.

That July 5th accident killed 21-year-old Austin Wuennenberg, a part-time monorail driver and college student from Kissimmee. It also sparked investigations by both the National Transportation Safety Board and the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration, which remain ongoing.

Disney declined to discuss procedural changes it has made to its monorail system since the accident. But it said the new train will undergo thorough mechanical and electrical testing before it begins carrying guests.

"The train will be subject to the same extensive testing as any new vehicle we add to our transportation fleet," Disney spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said.

With the addition, Disney's monorail fleet will grow to 11 trains -- still one short of the 12 it had before the accident. The resort said it expects to add a 12th train next year.

Awesome! Im going to try and go to all 4 WDW parks this saturday. Was just going to be Animal Kingdom and Epcot, but I got to go by Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom and pick up the 2 Event Vinylmations. :D

They might have them at the other parks. When I was at I'm pretty sure I saw the Not So Scary exclusive in the art store there.

Back