*waits for DOOM*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
certain SS staff speculated this (not mentioning names just incase) at the time the ES was raised but will probably come to nothing

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our 1/4 scale Doctor Doom - Sideshow Exclusive (item # 71321) from our Marvel Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, SOLD OUT item and we would like to inform you that the item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 20-25 days.

Sideshow Collectibles will be authorizing your credit card on file with us for this item upon its arrival. Please expect to receive another e-mail in approximately 10-15 days, which will confirm the processing of your order. If you need to update your credit card, billing and/or shipping information or cancel an item/order, PLEASE DO SO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Just got mine too!
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!:D :google :banana :D :google :banana

And by the way, I actually sent Sideshow an e-mail after the whole 300 to 500 debacle thing, and I suggested that they should have Pablo or someone sign the bottom of the first 300. What I got back was kinda shocking. They totally told about how they've been doing great stuff , and that their track record for mistakes is practically non-existant. In the end, I got the picture that we won't be getting anything special, and I might be okay with that. If you really want to see that letter, I'll dig it up for ya.

Last edited:
Normally the exclusive isn't worth it, but the stand and the chalis I think is worth the extra money. Doom is my favorite sculpt so far. Can't wait for this piece. Probably no extras for the original 300, but the signature idea would have been great because this is one statue that deserves to be signed, the throne is just amazing.

SSC_Nerd said:
Just got mine too!
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!:D :google :banana :D :google :banana

And by the way, I actually sent Sideshow an e-mail after the whole 300 to 500 debacle thing, and I suggested that they should have Pablo or someone sign the bottom of the first 300. What I got back was kinda shocking. They totally told about how they've been doing great stuff , and that their track record for mistakes is practically non-existant. In the end, I got the picture that we won't be getting anything special, and I might be okay with that. If you really want to see that letter, I'll dig it up for ya.

When I complained about it I got a discount code..........totally forgot about for the longest...had orderd all kinds of stuff since then......until I was getting read yto order the Hulk VS Spider-man...couldn't find it and now it expired....hahaha just my luck!

Well, I found the e-mail, and decided to put it up anyway.

Dear Stephen,

Sideshow releases 150 plus items every year. Nearly all of them are limited
edition. Over the past 3 years Sideshow has released close to 500 limited
edition items, nearly all of which have sold out.

Nearly all of these items are initially posted without an edition size. In
the case of Dr. Doom the item was posted with the edition size, which it
should not have been. Because of the Comic Con, and all of the activity
surrounding it for us we were not able to correct the problem immediately.
When it was corrected our decision was to set an edition size that was well
under the demand for the product. The edition size that was set at 500,while
the interest for the product is significantly higher.

Sideshow has a history of producing products with low edition sizes, and
being fervently on the side of the collectors. However, we as a company are
not infallible. We make mistakes, and have to change things on our web site
from time to time. But those changes are so infrequent that they are barely
trackable. For the nearly 500 items posted for sale in the past 3 years we
may have mis-posted information for 3-4 items (or less than 1%).

We appreciate the high standard that our fans and collectors hold us too. We
do our best with all aspects of our business to maintain those standards,
but as with every business and individual, we will on occasion make an
error. While our record stands for itself, we will continue to do everything
possible to avoid mistakes in the future. We appreciate your patronage and
hope that you will continue to enjoy the items that we offer for many years
to come.

We regret that you have been inconvenienced in anyway and would like to
extend to you a $25 gift certificate which can be used with your next online
order. If you would be interested, please contact me for the online code
required. If you do decide that the current edition size is not acceptable
to you, we can cancel the item for you with no cancellation penalties
incurred.

I look forward to assisting you further.

:peace I don't think we'll get any special treatement for being the first 300, but I can live with that. :peace

I decided that I am going to stick to the VS. line when it comes to Sideshow's Marvel products. Somebody on the Dr. Doom Exclusive wait list will be relieved to know that I cancelled my order. I am hoping to snag an Exclusive Sentinel Diorama off the wait list, so lets see if "what goes around comes around."

tomandshell said:
I decided that I am going to stick to the VS. line when it comes to Sideshow's Marvel products. Somebody on the Dr. Doom Exclusive wait list will be relieved to know that I cancelled my order. I am hoping to snag an Exclusive Sentinel Diorama off the wait list, so lets see if "what goes around comes around."

Good luck to you on that. I also decided to stick exclusively with the Vs. line when it comes to Marvel Sideshow product. It's the best bang for the buck with gorgeous sculpts. The way these statues comes out spread out it's easier on the budget. I know a lot of people are getting a bit overwhelmed with Vader, XmenVs and this piece coming soon.

That said, this Doom piece is astounding and congrats to those that got him.

Just got my notice too for the exclusive...bummer on the no goodies for the og 300...but owell...mabey we will get a keychain! :wacky

As one of the lucky 200 that got the exclusive after the fact, I'm sorry that people aren't happy about this. I might be a little peeved if a day after grey Hulk they announced -"whoops, sorry, it's really 75". But it is still limited and they did have an honest mistake in the live vs. online orders.

And the goblet and stand is my favorite of all the Marvel exclusives they've done so far (except maybe the light-up features - love that!). Can't wait for Doom!

HEY! Thought I'd help pass the waiting time of this awesome figure by posting some old SDCC pics of Doom. They be from Action Figure Insider.

doomdetail.jpg

doomback.jpg

Excuse me while I dribble the bubbly stuff from my mouth.:drool :drool :drool

I cancelled because money has become an issue, and I'm not ultimately that excited about the character. But like the character or not, the quality here is just amazing. I'm going out on a limb and predicting that whoever picks this up will enjoy owning it.

I was here when they posted about the "extra special item" for those 300 people who ordered.

Considering:
300 ES -> 500 ES = 200 x 325 = 65,000.00 NET.

You should forward that email to the other 299 people who got the bad rap. They can email Sideshow and and say, "Hey, what gives, my friend got a $25.00 gift certificate, why can't I?"

Last edited:
My only hope to getting this one in the near future is to win it in the Flash Fiction contest. :rolleyes:

Again, I'm happy for those of you able to get him. Awesome piece.

Last edited:
Deadly Dagger said:
...great pics of DOOM at the SDCC...I also remember seeing some pics of DOOM withut his cloak on...anyone have those? :D

I havn't seen an uncloaked figure of the FINISHED product, but I know that Pablo's site has some pretty cool production photos of Doom, including him wiithout the cloak I believe.

I have the exclusive on order...buit now I'm wonmdering if I'll be able to afford it...so much awesome stuff coming out....Pablo really knows his stuff and I just don't want to let it go....only deciding factor right now is the re-sell value of a lot of their (Sideshow) stuff as of late...if later on I decided I can't afford it wil I be losing money?! :confused:

ahh screw it..thanks for posting the pic....this is sooooo coming to my office!!!!!!!

I was on the wait list for the Regular Edition which was turned into an order! I can't wait to get him. Doom will be my first Premium Format Figure.

:banana

Now if only my Exclusive Edition Cyclops/Colossus vs. Sentinel wait list order spot would turn in to an order.

EDIT: The latter has happened! The Exclusive Colossus/Cyclops vs. Sentinel will be mine! :naughty

Last edited:
Congrats on getting the regular edition!:joy :wacky

Even thought it would've been luckier for you to get th exclusive edition, the regular is by no means something to sneeze at. :D

Back