Vote

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RoboDad said:
Sorry, but no. I voted as soon as the polls opened. I'm even wearing my "I voted" sticker as I type this.

You may disagree with my politics (just as I may disagree with yours), but for you to say that I have less right to vote than you is more than insulting, it's unconscionable.
I don't think they're suggesting you don't vote if you're a Republican. I think the suggestion is to go vote, just don't vote for a Republican (which I obviously disagree with too :rolleyes: )

Republican or Democrat....just vote for who you think is right for the job.

Done and done. It does feel good to be part of the process.

But I wasn't given an "I voted" sticker. :lol

RoboDad said:
Sorry, but no. I voted as soon as the polls opened. I'm even wearing my "I voted" sticker as I type this.

You may disagree with my politics (just as I may disagree with yours), but for you to say that I have less right to vote than you is more than insulting, it's unconscionable.

Dude, it seems pretty clear that it was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I seriously doubt he was implying that you have a "lesser right to vote"

If that were the case, he wouldn't be encouraging you to vote. He'd tell you to stay away!! :rolleyes:

BTW, I was a mixed ticket, so I'm just going to pretend I'm Switzerland in this thread!! :D

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Dude, it seems pretty clear that it was a tongue-in-cheek comment.
That's one way to interpret it. Of course, with no explanation or smilie to indicate otherwise, you have no way to know that, now do you? It might just as easily have been a snide and intolerant remark.

I bought this book but I don't think I can finish it on time........so maybe next election.

funny_voting.gif

I voted Turd Sandwich only cause I was afraid of being ridiculed for not voting. Not because I thought TS was even remotely a good choice.

turd.jpg

I've actually never ever voted.... I'm from FL... so there's my excuse...:lol :monkey3 :lol

So I have no reason to whine if anything bad happens... But you can bet that when the Presidential elections go down.. I will be changing that.

I guess I've just never been really political, not until I spent a good year over in Iraq.... That kinda spurred me into action. But here I sit...busy painting and not voting... :monkey1

And to top it off... No one has ever inspired me to vote for them. All Turd sandwiches... as Occulum put it.

RoboDad said:

Yikes! Now you are just putting words in my mouth! Maybe I should've included a smiley to make it less serious! But in all honesty, if you got offended by that than you must be......

Well, I didn't vote for one Republican. I'm a moderate with ideals on both sides of the fence but IMO it's time for a change in this country. Something the Republicans don't seem willing to do and I'm really tired of the crap they are spewing out. Now, if 2008 would get here so we can get Bush out of office I would be doing even better.

jlcmsu said:
Well, I didn't vote for one Republican. I'm a moderate with ideals on both sides of the fence but IMO it's time for a change in this country. Something the Republicans don't seem willing to do and I'm really tired of the crap they are spewing out. Now, if 2008 would get here so we can get Bush out of office I would be doing even better.

:lol Looks like we both agree on something after all! Wow, what a day! Phew!

occulum said:
I voted Turd Sandwich only cause I was afraid of being ridiculed for not voting. Not because I thought TS was even remotely a good choice.

turd.jpg
What's wrong with you Occulum? Everyone knows Giant ****** was clearly the right choice. I wonder about people sometimes. Seriously.:D

Now remember, everybody--Bush will be out of office no matter what. His two terms are up. So don't get all excited about voting him out of office--the 22nd Amendment is going to do that for you.

Hell, I'm a Brit now, so I can't vote dammit! (In fact I left SoCal before I was old enough to vote so I've never voted over there.)
But I agree that everyone who was able to vote should have voted.
The only time I haven't was when it was Margaret Thatcher v. Michael Foot over here.....now, man, that was nooooooooooooo choice at all!:D

:fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks :fireworks

It was a great day for America! Thanks to my fellow Americans who voted. I'm sure we're all in the same boat, some of the measures and people I was rooting for won and some did not.

Despite party affiliation, despite who you voted for or rooted for, I think we can all come together on one thing: Montana should learn how to count. Come on, Montana, it's like quarter to 6am Mountain Time and you still haven't counted your ballots?

:flag :flag

Last edited:
tomandshell said:
Now remember, everybody--Bush will be out of office no matter what. His two terms are up. So don't get all excited about voting him out of office--the 22nd Amendment is going to do that for you.

Oh I know. I'm a History/Gov nut but I'm still looking forward to 2008.

Back