Vintage Han in Carbonite LARGE size figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blank

Freakzoid
Reaction score
When I got back into Star Wars collecting in the mid 90's I tried to keep my focus on Boba Fett and Han in carbonite. It always bugged me that I never had a vintage large size Han in Carb. to go along with the large size Boba. I've finally decided I'm going to make the Han in Carbonite that I imagine Kenner would've make had they continued the line. To start out I bought a old Han Solo figure that will be sacraficed for the project. I hate to destroy something that's nearly 35 years old but I won it on ebay for less that $10. The shirt has some stains on it but the pants are perfect, Oh well.

I've built a wood frame for the carbonite block and cut some side panels. Not sure if I'm going to sculpt detail on the side panels or make stickers like the slave 1 han in carbonite had. Any opinions? whatever I do I don't want it super detailed. I want it crude like it was make in 1980. I'll keep posting my progress.

vhic1_zps862c9882.jpg

Good News, I went up to my attic I dug out my old 12 inch figure box and a found a pair of pants that has the same stitch patten as the vintage Han pants, so I won't be destroying the original pants.

vhic2_zpsf345e6f9.jpg

I'm happy with the carbonite block frame, I made it a little larger so it goes with the boba figure which is taller than standard 12 figures. I put some putty on the frame and now have to sand it smooth.

vhic3_zpsa13413ca.jpg

Putty and sanding the frame until the wood grain is gone. Putty and sand, putty and sand, putty and sand.

vhic4_zps0d510f9f.jpg

Filled in the neck seam and sculpted the eyes shut.

brushed some elmers glue on the clothes they'll be sturdy for molding later.

Cut off the arms at the elbow and starting to fill the frame with clay.

vhic5_zps9d79c67e.jpg

Back