Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one Sectaur bug that I got at a garage sale when I was young. Never had the figures themselves (too much else out), but the puppt feature was the ****.

Wow those cardbacks are gorgeous, congrats!

I too have been on a vintage kick, will have to snap some pics of my.pickups.

Lately I have been geting the itch that usually comes before the 'kick' itself. Not sure what to look for at the moment though, but hoping to sneak away to the flea market this weekend if it doesn't rain.

My newest vintage pickup is here on the right. Now I've got both of the peachback Flints sealed. Yo Joe!

DSC_03792_zps197898b5.jpg

Very nice, Sam! The Flint backer in my cardback collection has a peach FC. Don't remember which version it is though. At some point I need to post the old newspaper clipping I have that rants on the "schizophrenic" Zartan FC.

Incidently I was at the lcs earlier today. They had a Rancor w/ box for $75 which was pretty tempting, and of course the Death Star is stil sitting pretty for $150. Also there was a Super Powers Batmobile w/ box for $200 something. Box was roughly the same as the rancor box so I assume it was opeed as well. Bewilders me how the SP Batmobile, even as cool as it is, can fetch more than the Death Star playset.

Last edited:
Great pics! I love the Boushh Leia and Marion pics. Did you paint Indy's hands???

Yep, big Sectaurs fan here too. We didn't have too many - just Dargon, and the other good guy on the beetle (two of them, actually), but I thought they were great. I really, really wanted the tarantula guy back then.

I'd like to get all four of the "big" ones at least, at some point. Those things were awesome!

99% sure I haven't posted these. I did a vintage Leia spotlight some months back, w/ Marion thrown in for good measure to even things out. All vintage catalog dio-style. Hope you guys dig!

Awesome pics, Mando!

This one in particular makes me want to pick up that tactical screen thing from a few years back to go with my Kenners...

Anyone know what that's supposed to be, by any chance?

Thanks, man! No, that Indy had busted thumbs so he now has "gloves" swapped over from an extra Dengar I had.

That's awesome, looks good. Indy's thumbs are such a big design flaw.

Thanks guys! Glad you dig the shots. I had a lot of fun with those. :D

Awesome pics, Mando!

This one in particular makes me want to pick up that tactical screen thing from a few years back to go with my Kenners...

Anyone know what that's supposed to be, by any chance?

I think its the Death Star, but it could be anything really. :lol

That's awesome, looks good. Indy's thumbs are such a big design flaw.

Agreed! Makes finding a good one such a pain in the but. If ony the arms were "removable" like on the Super Powers guys.

Speaking of which I think Super Powers cream Secret Wars in terms of sculpt and overall quality, but I'll always have a soft spot for this Wolverine and his clip-on claws.

Wolverine, Secret Wars, Mattel, 1984 by Wizard of X, on Flickr

Why? Just why? That movie is the thing that nightmares are made of.

Hahahaha, its been one of my favorite movies since childhood.

Speaking of The Dark Crystal, how I would sell almost everything to own for just one of the Aviva prototypes.

Speaking of which I think Super Powers cream Secret Wars in terms of sculpt and overall quality, but I'll always have a soft spot for this Wolverine and his clip-on claws.

Wolverine, Secret Wars, Mattel, 1984 by Wizard of X, on Flickr

I remenber seeing that figure before even knowing who Wolverine was (yes, there was such a time when this was possible!!!), and thinking it was really cool.

I think the only Secret Wars figure we owned was Captain America, though.

If you love your 80's toys and 80's cartoons, I implore you to watch this hilarity.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnjdq32u-MU[/ame]

I remenber seeing that figure before even knowing who Wolverine was (yes, there was such a time when this was possible!!!), and thinking it was really cool.

I think the only Secret Wars figure we owned was Captain America, though.

This toy was my first exposure to the character as well. Back when he couldn't survive anything and everything. :lol I had a similar introduction to Deadpool as well. Got the first figure in 92/93 as part of Toybiz's X-Force line just because I thought he looked cool. Now they're two of the most over-rated Marvel characters ever. :rotfl

Back