Video Game Awards: 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goonsack Steve

Da' One And Only Goonsack
CF Supporter
Reaction score
CURRENTLY FINISHED!

Please tell us what you think bellow of this Years show!
VGA_2012.jpg

Welcome to the VGA (Video Game Awards) Official thread! For the Last ten years we have been bringing you the worlds biggest gaming Awards Show! Showing you the games which are thought to be some of the most iconic games of the YEAR!
We are lucky enought to have this show currently hosted by the man himself, the one and only, Samuel L. Jackson! Who has currently hosetd the show for over 4 years straight!

Please go to the following website for more information, news, and UPDATES!

LINK: https://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards/

I must say that I was particularly happy when I saw that the first line of his intro was from Jackie Brown; that film deserves any and all exposure it can get. :lecture

The Walkind Dead game is that good? Is it on PS3?

Surprised Clatrap won character of the year.

The Walkind Dead game is that good? Is it on PS3?

Surprised Clatrap won character of the year.
The Walking Dead game Deserved "Game of the Year." But IMHO, The Game choices were chosen quite badly, not saying they aren't good games, just saying I was expecting games such as Halo 4,
Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2 and many more games deserved places in the nominations. :slap

With the "Character of the Year" I was amazingly surprised when he won. Was Expecting the good old Master Chief to rise again! :dunno

Also loved the sequences with Sam Jackson and his new and improved "Sam Jackson Mode Difficulty's" :lol :lol :rotfl

Last edited:
Yea im pretty sure this claptrap character isnt that good as say conner or chief. Surprised he won.

The Walking Dead game Deserved "Game of the Year." But IMHO, The Game choices were chosen quite badly, not saying they aren't good games, just saying I was expecting games such as Halo 4,
Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2 and many more games deserved places in the nominations. :slap

With the "Character of the Year" I was amazingly surprised when he won. Was Expecting the good old Master Chief to rise again! :dunno

Also loved the sequences with Sam Jackson and his new and improved "Sam Jackson Mode Difficulty's" :lol :lol :rotfl

Agreed, the choices were odd. What system or format is the Walking Dead game?

Yea im pretty sure this claptrap character isnt that good as say conner or chief. Surprised he won.

He has his moments of pure hilarity, but yeah he's not exactly a developed character outside the humor. He's only a side character anyway. I wasn't really blown away by any of the characters in games this year though. There were some decent ones, but not like the abundance of the pst few years with the Kratos, Ezio, Masterchief, Snake, Drake that we've had dominate in the past.

The Samuel L. Jackson parodies were very much overused, and The Walking Dead seemed like such an odd choice for GOTY, in my opinion. It's a popular series, so I guess anything with that label would have won GOTY to appease the masses (whether it was deserving of that title or not).

All in all, I was bored out of mind with the VGA this year. I slept through some of it and woke up to find that I didn't really miss anything at all :/

Another thing: Does "Game of the Decade" make all of the GOTY awards that we're issued for the past ten years irrelevant?

Half-Life 2 should just be called "Game of Forever", and governments around the world should erect giant statues of head crabs in their Capitol buildings.

The Samuel L. Jackson parodies were very much overused.

All in all, I was bored out of mind with the VGA this year. I slept through some of it and woke up to find that I didn't really miss anything at all :/
I Cant be the only one who enjoyed the VGA's? Must of just been the reason us people in AUS Never see anything interesting on TV or the Internet... :dunno

Another thing: Does "Game of the Decade" make all of the GOTY awards that we're issued for the past ten years irrelevant?

Half-Life 2 should just be called "Game of Forever", and governments around the world should erect giant statues of head crabs in their Capitol buildings.

Good point, if so, then :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: , Arkham City IS better than Skyrim, just like I've always known in my heart.

Good point, if so, then :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: , Arkham City IS better than Skyrim, just like I've always known in my heart.

Your heart is shaped like the bat symbol. Skyrim is better but ac is the best hero game ever made.

Skyrim is just like Oblivion and Fallout 3: two games that were heralded as the "best" of the respected years that they were released, and also the only two games that I never even bothered to complete. The environments were too huge and overwhelming. I really didn't have the patience to spend 100+ hours just walking around and exploring when there were a lot of other games that I wanted to play. I also find it quite boring to play as myself in "choose your own adventure" types of setting where your actions in gameplay dictate the direction of the storyline. Bleh...

To me, Arkham City nailed it quite perfectly. It harmoniously blended a large open-world with a straight forward plot, that made me want to complete the game, and also replay it for a second and third time. Plus, it's the G-D Batman! :lecture

Practically everything about Arkham City gave me a giant nerdgasm.

Edit: omg, so many typos from typing on my iPad :gah:

Last edited:
Skyrim is just like Oblivion and Fallout 3: two games that were heralded as the "best" of the respected years that they were released, and also the only two games that I never even bothered to complete. The environments were too huge and overwhelming. I really didn't have the patience to send 100+ hours just walking around and exploring when there were a lot of other games that I wanted to play. I also find it quite boring to play as myself in "choose your own adventure" types of setting where your actions in gameplay dictate the direction of the storyline. Bleh...

To me, Arkham City nailed it quite perfectly. It harmoniously blended a large open-world with a straight forward plot, that made want to complete the game, and also replay it for a second and third time. Plus, it's the G-D Batman! :lecture

Practically everything about Arkham City gave me a giant nerdgasm.

:goodpost: :exactly: :goodpost: :exactly: :goodpost: :exactly:

Back