Stop Banning Video Games!!! Australia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spit Williams

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Now that we in Australia have the R18+ rating more and more games are getting banned and toned down? Saints Row 4 banned. State of Decay Banned. Spartacus legends Got the R18+ rating but no blood and executions. Wtf. Enough is enough. If u can please join my Facebook group called. Stop Banning Video Games. Hopefully there will be some power in numbers. Just a bit of info on me I'm 31 gamer for 25 years or so, I think it should be my choice to decide what I play. If we get a toned down gta 5 I will lose my ****. If you would like to help please leave your feedback and join the Facebook group. Thanks a lot. Spit. :panic:

Make the games harder to get for young people sure, but they should not be in any shape or form banned outright.

My point totally. Maybe you have to order from the shop your R18+ copy with your ID or something. Don't display it on the shelves. Just don't cut me out. The violent games don't make me want to hurt people. Not letting me have the games I want makes me want to hurt people lol

Gamestop as far as I know cracked down in the US on that. Too many kids buying M rated games.

I remember when that one kid shot someone or something a few years ago and blamed Vice City. Ugh the ridiculousness of that argument. If you can't differentiate gaming and reality you had something wrong in your brain long before playing a violent game.

We have mortal kombat 9. Which is way more brutal than Spartacus. I don't see how one game is ok but others are not. The classification board is wack. What's the point of having the R18+ rating. People who kill people and blame video games are just using it as a last resort cop out. There are no studies that prove video games make you violent. It's time for us gamers to stand together and win. Who is coming with me? I will lead you to freedom and bloody glory. Let's finish this once and for all.

Australia is way too ridiculous when it comes to censoring games. I get the impression that the politicians blame the media for all of the social problems that plague the country.

Australia is way too ridiculous when it comes to censoring games. I get the impression that the politicians blame the media for all of the social problems that plague the country.

Weirdly they really don't.
Everyone is baffled by the constant rating problems.

They just put R18+ in place finally and with a big sigh we thought we'd never have to deal with game banning again.

Now it seems the classification board is banning stuff they used to approve as MA16+ despite a higher rating now being available ......its just baffling.

If parents were buying their kids MA15+ games before, I don't think this will change much....
ALSO* will region play on next gen mean us Aussies could order games from the US and the game being how it should?????

I really just don't want my gta5 messed with. I know it sounds silly but it is really starting to stress me out. Because they are so all over the shop. Who knows what will be accepted and what won't.

Can't you just import them? I'm sure border control has bigger priorities than looking for video games

Ban feminism,otherwise out consume them,capitalism bows to no man but lies at the feet of women.

Are you using a PS3? If so their games aren't region locked so you could just buy a US version if you wanted to. I'm uncertain if online stuff is supported though, but I played my UK version of Killzone 2 without issues.

I think it all started when the columbine happened. After that other school shootings occurred and the blame on games became higher. Also mortal kombat was the cause of lots of controversy since it had blood. My parents wouldn't let me play mortal kombat or primal rage. Got me sonic instead. I fell in love.

Adventure Time episodes were censored also. Australia sucks.

Wowwwww...

UmpOi.gif

Back