VHS to DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Super Freak
Reaction score
Have any of you did this yourself? And if so, what method did you use? I have a lot of VHS tapes sitting around and would like to transfer them over to a DVD. I would like to put the videos on my PC first so I can cut the boring parts out and to also clean up some of the parts that are messed up. What are some of the tools I would need for all of this? Thanks :wave

Get a DVD burner with a hard drive (maybe even a PC program that lets you input video that can be recorded), hook up a VHS via the component video/audio inputs, play through VHS, record on the burner, then edit and burn the videos you want later. My dad did that for loads of my old wrestling and Muppet Show tapes years ago.

A lot of this will depend on what equipment you already have and how much you are willing to spend if you need to get anything you don't already have.

This is a great site for everything video related: https://www.videohelp.com/

If you read the how-to guides and search the forums, you should find everything you need.

Thanks guys for the links and info. I was reading about it last night. It looks pretty straight forward.

Back