Very new guy here.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glyoung99

Super Freak
Reaction score
In fact I'm so new that I don't have any pieces yet. I used to collect Star Wars carded figures and some McFarlane stuff years ago and just lost interest somehow. I think Star Wars Episodes 1 - 3 killed it for me.

Then I stumbled on to the Hot Toys 1/6 Joker and I was in awe. I have had no idea of how high the level of detail has gotten on these things. 2 weeks ago I had never heard of Sideshow or Hot Toys but I have already secured myself a 1/6 Joker and Batman in both original and Dark Knight suits. Can't wait for Iron Man.

Time to rumage through may old stuff. I think I will keep most of the McFarlane figs and sell the Star Wars on ebay. I'll get more, I just want higher quality.

I will be starting a small display room so I'm sure I will be looking to you guys for advise. Here's to what I hope will be a long relationship with you guys.

Welcome, glyoung99!

Don't worry about any occasional biting that may go on occasionally in here...they usually aren't septic.:D

Have fun!

Welcome. I know what you mean. I started off with carded figures (but of Buffy) and then got to the 1/6 scale from sideshow and now their Pf's are starting to really fill up my home. Ok, so I only have 2 and a Lara Croft on the way but still. 3 is a lot when you have more to the collection then pf's. Anyways, you think the 1/6 are great. Wait till you get your hands on a 1:4. The detail and scale is just beyond brilliant.

Again, welcome and enjoy your new pieces.

Welcome too the boards glyoung99 you should enjoy yourself here, its all about having fun and enjoying each others collections wether they are large or just starting .......:chew:chew:chew

Cheers
Fett1

welcome to the show !.
I said I would keep all my mcfarlane stuff too but I sold it for more hot toys and sideshow crap ! :rock:rock:lol

This place rocks , hope you like it ! :rock

Back