"Vampires. I hate those M%#$erf*&%ers." -- Nomak: Fear the Reaper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, great work. I've actually seen your site a few times... that Logan is fantastic... great use of the DiD sculpt. Works perfect for what you did :rock

galactiboy: thanks bro, glad you like my Wolvie! :)

one more pic for the road...

IMG_1914x-1.jpg

cheers,
doc t

another classic! Doc, you already know I'm a huge fan of yours, this one is going to make me build a temple in your honor.:lol

Seriously, amazing job my friend, AMAZING!

this is in blade II? wow... i dont remember that. I was assuming it was a custom design you did yourself, untill I read through the posts.

but about the sculpt itself??

Oh.
My.
God.

:bow :bow :bow

quite possibly the most amazing 1/6 sculpt I have ever seen.... EVER.

Die,

:rotfl Jeff, coming from a talented customizer like yourself means a lot - you're too kind bro. I just get lucky sometimes when these things turn out decent, I've had my share of crash and burns, but that's what it's all about IMHO.

Darren,
Thanks man, glad you like him. I'm quite new to sculpting, but I'm really enjoying it - so that's quite the compliment. Yeah, the Reapers were the new threat in Blade II - a more, powerful sub-race of vampires. I loved the design, because it was one few monsters that I'd seen in while that made me want to jump out of chair and piss my pants. Steve Wang's version (which mine is based on) is an interpretation of the movie version, so it has a few differences, which I thought were really cool - most notably, the integration of the split mandible bone.

As an interesting side note, a friend of mine from Singapore informed me that my reaper figure got posted on a Chinese custom figure board:
https://www.bbicn.com/bbs/dispbbs.asp?boardid=34&replyid=863035&id=43272&skin=0&page=1&star=1
( *shrug*, I don't know how....). But they did credit it as my work, and it was entitled:
"Vampire-Reaper Variant" (courtesy of Google translate, I can't read Chinese) - but I think that's a good way to describe it. :)

cheers,
Rob

Re: "Vampires. I hate those m@therf*&kers." -- Nomak: Fear the Reaper

Les: Thanks bud, I'll get back to you possible recasts. Right now it's just a one-off, but a few people were asking making me reconsider the possibility. I’m not a great recaster and there’s quite a few undercuts here. I will be meeting with some good mold makers in Santa Clara in September for the ACFS show to get some ideas. Will you be going?

cheers,
Rob (doc t)

Sadly Rob, no, I won't be attending this year. I have communicated with Louie and I may be attending next year's and it may be much easier for me to do so, can't say why yet, but you'll know soon enough.
I do wish I could have met you then. I will one day! :D

As for your AMAMZING Nomak, just do what you can. I really want one, but will settle for a plain head version if need be. I just want the character.
BTW, how'd you do the coat and all? That head demands such attention, that the rest gets missed. I am impressed by the whole package. Great job!

Again, hope we can meet. I truly regret not being able to in three weeks. Would have ruled! Have a cool one for me! I'll be there in spirit. :D

Sadly Rob, no, I won't be attending this year. I have communicated with Louie and I may be attending next year's and it may be much easier for me to do so, can't say why yet, but you'll know soon enough.
I do wish I could have met you then. I will one day! :D

As for your AMAMZING Nomak, just do what you can. I really want one, but will settle for a plain head version if need be. I just want the character.
BTW, how'd you do the coat and all? That head demands such attention, that the rest gets missed. I am impressed by the whole package. Great job!

Again, hope we can meet. I truly regret not being able to in three weeks. Would have ruled! Have a cool one for me! I'll be there in spirit. :D
Aww too bad, definitely it would've been fun. Next time bro. I hope it's not because of unfortunate circumstances.

Once I decided that this figure would be a clone of Nomak, and not just one of the mindless reapers, I knew that his clothes had to be something that he could wear in public when he was in his more discrete "almost human" mode. Also, I wanted him to look powerful and imposing without trying to hard. And of course, I wanted to keep the focus on the face, so I just kept it simple. The leather coat is from Sideshow's Van Helsing which I found on clearance - I simply dulled and weathered it just a touch to make it look lived-in. Non-descript black pants, shirt and boots from my loose parts bin. The leather straps and buckles is a small nod to one my earlier ideas where this reaper was going to have a hellrailer/cenobite look. And of course, painting the hands just completes the figure. So for the overall look, I think it was just a case of "less is more".

Les, I'll contact you after to show, about the possible recasts. I'm glad you like it. :)

That is just disturbing. For a toy to be disturbing, its an incredible achievement.
Thanks for the kind words Anzik - in this case I really like that term: "disturbing..."

-- doc t

Back