Vader PF has left the building!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Vader has left the building!!

KitFisto said:
Got mine Saturday and I love it. My one problem is the cape. Trying to get the chain to fasten to the hook seems near impossible w/o breaking it so I left it unattached to prevent myself from breaking it. It just seems too short unless you really pull hard on it which I think will end up breaking it.

Other than that I LOVE this piece!
I know what you mean, Kit. It took me almost 30 minutes to attach mine, but it did finally catch. BTW, here are a few pics I took last night.

With cape around front:

With cape pulled around back:

Close-up:

"Menacing shot" (that's what my wife called it ;)) with lights:

Excellent pics Robo! Yeah, it takes a while to get the cape on. It took me even longer because I had the damn thing backwards. LOL!

As for the case, Dave deserves credit for that. The case is the perfect size for the statue, and Dave measured it perfectly. :D

Which reminds me, I don't know if I ever thanked SS Dusty for the measurement for Han. Thanks Dusty! :) Having the case before the statue arrives really helps.

Does anyone have an issue with the saber? The "blade" is crooked is it relates to the hilt...

Just took a look at mine, and, nope, the blade is fine.

I have noticed that, though, on some of the other statue's I have owned.

I could see if it was plugged in properly it might be crooked, but then it probably wouldn't light up if that was the case.

But my Vader's saber is pretty straight.

I still can't get over how frikkin incredible this piece looks! I must have stared at it for about two hours straight today in awe of this magnificent piece. I don't think I could ever thank SS enough for the wonderful job that they did; but, kudos guys! KUDOS! I'm having family over this weekend, and I know that they are going to flip when they see this. :)

Anakin said:
,,,what you mean with this??.. :confused:

I mean that if you were to take the entire saber on it's own (hilt and blade), and roll it on the ground, it would roll like a warped pool cue.

# 0430 is in the house!!!!!!!!! It looks amazing. Too bad I'm in the process of moving and can't really set it up for a few weeks. I just have to look at the beautiful box in my office.

I just received my PF Vader today, and I've got to say SS has delivered another amazing piece. I've seen so many people pan the first three PF figures, and it's difficult for me to understand the complaints. That's not me ragging on someone's opinion, I see the some of the technical merits of the various critiques, but see them as relatively minor when you're in the presence of these statues.

I now own all three of the Star Wars PFs and think each one looks amazing. While I will admit I don't think the statues photograph well, there is no denying that they look stunning first hand. I think the SS Vader compares very well to Attakus I. For anyone out there who's on the fence about these statues, I'd say give 'em a chance or at least seek them out and see them in person.

I'm hooked and can't wait for the next PF announcement. Here's hoping we see a Queen Amidala Episode I final celebration sometime.

I'd be drooling all over that Amidala Ep1, the detail would have to be amazing!

Wow Vader's cape looks awesome!! Wish they would have sent one with my order! :confused: :horror

Well, Bob is still awaiting his Vaders but I will now have the Exclusiv Obi-Wan to go with Vader when he gets here. My waitlist will be converted over on Friday.

I finally received my Vader Exclusive with my X-men vs. Sentinel Exclusive. I didn't have any problems with my Vader at all...the base, the light saber and the robe were all perfect. However, on a sadder note, my X-men vs. Sent. had some problems. The SEntinels head wouldn't light up at all. Cyclops and the hand worked fine, so I might have to ship it back to sideshow. I hope it won't come to this since I waited for it for so long. :banghead Still waiting for a response from Sideshow:rolleyes:

Has anyone from the UK had theirs?

Hi PC, I got my 27day e-mail about a week ago, so I'm guessing mid march time for exclusive vader in the UK.

Not sure if they are doing multiple shipments though.

carbo - I had the exact same problem with my Sentinel head. Did you try plugging the power cord straight into the Sentinel head? Also some people have had good luck with leaving it on for a time and the head may light up after it's been on a while.

I received my very first piece ever from SideShow, the Vader Exclusive, on the 14th, Valentine's day! And from the waitlist no less! #432 accounted for!

Darklord Dave said:
carbo - I had the exact same problem with my Sentinel head. Did you try plugging the power cord straight into the Sentinel head? Also some people have had good luck with leaving it on for a time and the head may light up after it's been on a while.

I just plugged the power cord directly to the head and it is still not working. I am going to leave it on for a few minutes and then I guess I am going to have to send it back.

RichPG said:
Hi PC, I got my 27day e-mail about a week ago, so I'm guessing mid march time for exclusive vader in the UK.

Not sure if they are doing multiple shipments though.

I've still had nothing! :sick

I start to get worrid and think you've cancelled it by misstake! :horror

PC :peace

I'm in the process of moving so my Vader will have to stay comfortable in his box for another 10 days or so:sick

Got my X-Men vs Sentinel Exclusive today and can't wait to get home to make sure everything is OK. With all the reported problems, I'm a bit scared because I got it through a distributer.

Back