Using reward points on wait-list orders?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimFeliz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Do any SS VIPs know it it will ever be possible to use reward points on wait list items, that have converted? Lately I've had a few items convert and it would of been a little easier on the wallet if I could of used my reward points.

Do any SS VIPs know it it will ever be possible to use reward points on wait list items, that have converted? Lately I've had a few items convert and it would of been a little easier on the wallet if I could of used my reward points.

Nope, I asked them that exact same question and was informed that reward points or coupon codes cannot be used with wait list reservations for the simple reason that you'd lose the points or coupon code if your reservation didn't convert.

I told the customer service rep that I had no problem losing the coupon code as I have about 7 Sideshow Originals coupons collecting dust in my inbox, but the system simply won't allow it. You can either hop on the waitlist and forget about the points/discount, or hope the item goes back in stock at some point.

Preorder the item before it waitlists. Problem solved!
--

That's good to know!

And knowing is half the battle!

GI JOE (TM)!

Under license from Hasbro. Produced and distributed by Sideshow Collectibles. Manufactured overseas. Proudly marketed in the USA. Residual stock courtesy of GoHastings.

OOPS . . . wrong forum section.

Nope, I asked them that exact same question and was informed that reward points or coupon codes cannot be used with wait list reservations for the simple reason that you'd lose the points or coupon code if your reservation didn't convert.

I told the customer service rep that I had no problem losing the coupon code as I have about 7 Sideshow Originals coupons collecting dust in my inbox, but the system simply won't allow it. You can either hop on the waitlist and forget about the points/discount, or hope the item goes back in stock at some point.

I have asked too, but I asked after the item converted. I can understand the reason while you're still on the waitlist list.

Preorder the item before it waitlists. Problem solved!

99% of my purchases from SS are from preorders, so yes often I can. I'm talking about products that have been already released and sold out for some time.

Last edited:
speaking of Reward points. anyone know if the points can be applied toward purchase of the Hot Toys True Type on the SSC site?

speaking of Reward points. anyone know if the points can be applied toward purchase of the Hot Toys True Type on the SSC site?
--

Just tried and the reward points came up as being eligible to apply to the order. IIRC . . . if it's not eligible, then it would not let you apply it.

cool. debating whether using reward points but paying full retail is worth it.

i think i'll wait until SSC has an exclusive that i feel is a must have.

Slightly off-topic, but I found out recently you cannot get reward points back that went towards paying for items that arrived damaged, if you request a cash refund rather than item replacement; and it is also the same if a replacement is not available or you just want a refund.

You just get the hard cash element back, with no consideration given to hard-earned reward points.

I couldn't even have them re-credited to my account to buy something else!

That stinks :thud:

that is weak!

at the very least they should give you store credit for the full amount. its not your fault the item was damaged! WTF there?

that is weak!

at the very least they should give you store credit for the full amount. its not your fault the item was damaged! WTF there?

Tell me about it! It doesn't exactly encourage me to keep buying from Sideshow, despite the fact I have a couple of grand of pre-orders and wait list items!

It's a policy that I just cannot see the point of :gah:

Tell me about it! It doesn't exactly encourage me to keep buying from Sideshow, despite the fact I have a couple of grand of pre-orders and wait list items!

It's a policy that I just cannot see the point of :gah:
--

I take it you called their customer service and politely discussed this with them?

Slightly off-topic, but I found out recently you cannot get reward points back that went towards paying for items that arrived damaged, if you request a cash refund rather than item replacement; and it is also the same if a replacement is not available or you just want a refund.

You just get the hard cash element back, with no consideration given to hard-earned reward points.

I couldn't even have them re-credited to my account to buy something else!

That stinks :thud:

Boy oh boy, are you sure they won't help you with that? That seems kinda harsh.

--

I take it you called their customer service and politely discussed this with them?

I live in the UK; I have sent/received several emails to and from Customer Services, including:

Per the terms and conditions of reward point use, we are unable to replace Rewards points on any refunded or cancelled orders.

And just to add...I will probably have to pay import duties again on the replacement I ended up having to settle for!!! :cuckoo:

I live in the UK; I have sent/received several emails to and from Customer Services, including:

Per the terms and conditions of reward point use, we are unable to replace Rewards points on any refunded or cancelled orders.

And just to add...I will probably have to pay import duties again on the replacement I ended up having to settle for!!! :cuckoo:

If you are requesting a full refund due to item damages, then your rewards points should be credited back to you. Please forward these issues to our Returns Coordinator and she will help you. [email protected]

Last edited:
If you are requesting a full refund do to item damages, then your rewards points should be credited back to you. Please forward these issues to our Returns Coordinator and she will help you. [email protected]

Thanks for that, but it's a little late as, under the circumstances, I went ahead and asked for a replacement item that just shipped.

I would have rather had a full refund to be honest.

I think you need to have your staff better informed as to the correct procedures to follow in these circumstances.

Thanks again.

Thanks for that, but it's a little late as, under the circumstances, I went ahead and asked for a replacement item that just shipped.

I would have rather had a full refund to be honest.

I think you need to have your staff better informed as to the correct procedures to follow in these circumstances.

Thanks again.

With all due respect and no offense intended but if you didn't like the answer the customer service rep gave you, you should have asked to speak to a manager. :)

With all due respect and no offense intended but if you didn't like the answer the customer service rep gave you, you should have asked to speak to a manager. :)

Not so easy if you live in England, and the cost of calling the USA would have only added to the expense.

I hope that all staff are fully aware of the situation as and when it occurs again (as I am sure it will).

Back