Upcoming HT TT Body, with Gambit Head

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
couple more...
28vc1t5.jpg

15p2u5t.jpg

2ldzlf8.jpg

wvu590.jpg

1z301g3.jpg

Thanks guys:)

I'm a happy Collector. As a big Gambit fan, the experience in putting this together was really fun. A lot of the bits and pieces I used was through ebay so it was exciting everytime I check the mail and there's another package in there.

<i>Thats awesome!! just one thing, paint his staff silver or steel color!! That would look even better </i>

I thought about it but I'm going by the movie gambit and his staff was pretty much plain except there's a crystal on one end. So, that's probably the last thing I still need to do. I've looked all over the house to see if I can find something similar but alas no luck and the ones that I thought that would be ok to put at the end wouldnt stick to the staff so I kinda left it as it is for now.

Lobo, I ended up using a clothes set from TTL. Its the one that's being used for fight club tyler durden kitbashing.

this one:
https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-TTL-Toys-F...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d29b83f54

Originally, I used the T becker pants, the material used on those pants was definitely nice. I was kitbashing my Tyler Durden at the same time and tried the pants that came with the set and I like it a lot better. The TTL set pants was low rise on the waist and the length was perfect. I ended up buying 3 other pants but I prefer the fit of the TTL set pants. One of the threads I read when I was kitbashing Tyler said they do sell the set separately now but unfortunately, I dont know where you can order it separately. Most of the ones I found on ebay was selling it as a set.

<i> Nice work sir. May benefit from slight weathering of the boots - they look a bit too toyish as they are. </i>

Actually, the boots are much darker in hand. i noticed also on the pics that it came out lighter but trust me, it looks much nicer in hand. Originally, I only used a single layer of brown which is kinda what it looks like in the picture now so I went back and drybrushed it with a mix of burnt sienna, black and then brown and painted over the previous first layer. It looks 10 times better in hand cause it actually looks like leather. One of those pleasant surprise since I'm pretty new to kitbashing. But with the camera flash, the boots looks like a single brown color and it looks lighter. Its reversed with the facial hair I painted, its much lighter in hand. This is really my 2nd truetype to paint as I bought 2 of them, 1 to use for Tyler. The first one, I used just black and it ended up looking too dark... Almost like a beard. So, on the 2nd head, I ended up using brown with a slight mix of black and carefully drybrushed it slowly over the sculpted facial hair, and it came out nice. But again, with the camera I used, maybe cause of the the flash or settings, the facial hair looks darker than what it looks like in hand. One of these days I'll invest on a real camera.

Last edited:
Looks Awsome Remy, well done !!!:clap

I am still waiting for my hat, new hands and my 3/4 length jacket to come but I have dyed the shirt and made my staff with crystal so thought I'd post a pic.
He is borrowing Blades jacket at the moment.

DSCI0006-16-1.jpg

DSCI0002-18.jpg

Bob

Last edited:
Awesome Bob!!!:clap

WOW!!! I'm really impressed with the staff. That was the toughest part in this kitbash. I couldnt find anything like that to stick to the staff. Good job bro.

mt24, we both dyed the shirt purple. There really isnt any shirt out there that's purple like in the movie, or if there is, its an SOB to find.

slight update. I was really excited to post my pics last time, didnt bother to look at my sis' digital camera settings thus some of the color adjustments seem odd. Notice the boots are much darker now :)
After playing around with it, I noticed that its better to have the flash turned off as it was causing some of the colors to look unnatural. I noticed it was really weird also as inhand and like these pics, he has a slight grin, on my earlier pics, he looked ticked off. ha ha.
Plus he needed to be posed with Wolvie also to complete the whole Wolverine: Origins setting, so here ya go...
e01o4x.jpg

2jbkz5t.jpg

2m2e4hi.jpg

250mtyq.jpg

:monkey2 its beautiful! are you plannin on sellin it?

I won't be selling him, but thanks for the complement :hi5:

Awesome Bob!!!:clap

WOW!!! I'm really impressed with the staff. That was the toughest part in this kitbash. I couldnt find anything like that to stick to the staff. Good job bro.

Yeah I was pretty pleased with the staff. Took a while but worth it in the end.

Love your new pics too Remy !!! The Sentinal head looks great and I love the wall. Where did you get it?

As it seems up to Remy and I to keep this thread going a couple more pics now I have the hands and the hat I was waiting for.

DSCI0015-2.jpg

DSCI0008-10.jpg

Bob

Awesome Gambit Bob!!! Love the pose.

The wall was part of the Sideshow Environment that they produce. They have several kinds, like the nuclear reactor, emperor's throne (palpatine), a dining diorama for star wars, etc.

I really wish they make more of these but as usual with SS, they only release limited quantities. Its sold out but sometimes you can luck out and find them on ebay (where I got them) but its pretty hard to find though.

Hey, I'm assuming that is still the blade trenchcoat right? I'm really curious how it looks on the 3/4 trenchcoat.

Last edited:
Back