Universal Studios Monsters- Diamond Select

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope I'm not the only one who's bothered by the fact that the new Wolf Man doesn't resemble Creighton Chaney in the least...

Strange, huh? Especially because the Chaney Entertainment logo is on the packaging, but not the Karloff one.

Is that Englund in your avatar pic? Where did you go for the photo op?

From what I have heard buzzing around the various boards I visit, Sara Karloff sold the rights to her fathers likeness in all Universal related materials to Universal. So Universal can make as many Frankenstein or Mummy things with Karloffs likeness as they like and not have to mention a separate license as being obtained.

As for Wolfman. There has never been a single Wolfman figure produced that has looked like the Wolfman or Chaney in mass market except the cheap Jakks Pacific figure and Mike Hill's beautiful premium format figure.
Sideshow's 1/8 and 1/6 dont even look like Chaney. Its a real pain because the Wolfman is my favorite and he always gets a raw deal.:mad:

The Sideshow versions are pretty damn close...I think the painting is flawed but the faces are almost there. It does suck though doesn't it? He's my favorite too. It's like that with all the Freddy Kruegers as well. The 12 inch Sideshows are the only ones with Englund likeness...which by the way ozzfan84, yes it is. :D I met him at Spooky Empire's Ultimate Horror Weekend, along with Danny Trejo.

The Sideshow versions are pretty damn close...I think the painting is flawed but the faces are almost there. It does suck though doesn't it? He's my favorite too. It's like that with all the Freddy Kruegers as well. The 12 inch Sideshows are the only ones with Englund likeness...which by the way ozzfan84, yes it is. :D I met him at Spooky Empire's Ultimate Horror Weekend, along with Danny Trejo.

Cool! I go to a lot of the east coast ones. I saw Danny at the Rock and Shock in MA. It was an expensive October... I got autos/photos of almost 40 individual guests!

Cool! I go to a lot of the east coast ones. I saw Danny at the Rock and Shock in MA. It was an expensive October... I got autos/photos of almost 40 individual guests!

Aw man I kinda wish I'd got more autos/photos...MANY Elm Street cast members were there including Lisa Wilcox and Heather Langenkamp and I didn't get anything but Englund [though I'm not complaing, I have a great Englund story]. Trejo and Englund were both insanely nice. Next con I plan attending is May-Hem, starring Bruce Campbell and Alex Winter. :)

But that's :offtopic:

Anyone know if Toys r Us even has the Creature? The one near me wasn't carrying it, and online it's not even listed.

Hmm, maybe I should attempt to make the trip out to another one. The supplies at the one I went to are limited anyway.

I received mt figures from Amazon. They are ok looking figures but nothing compared to the sideshow stuff. They are solid figures. The mummy weighs 5 pounds the creature is about 2 pounds.

anyone else have a problem with the foot of the deluxe creature? Mine is not flat with the other foot but sticks up at a 45 degree angle, very tough to get it to stand. Anyway, I looked up pictures of it packaged on the internet & they all look like that, so I'm just wondering if anyone else had that problem as well or if I should try to get another one. thanks!

Well guys I got The Mummy with Sarcophagus, The Creature with Adams, The Black And White Wolfman, and The Black and White Creature & Wolfman Minimates. :D:yess: Who's Next? :D

Attachments

• B86DF208-116B-4832-85C3-91B54FBD3172.jpeg
    B86DF208-116B-4832-85C3-91B54FBD3172.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Well guys I got The Mummy with Sarcophagus, The Creature with Adams, The Black And White Wolfman, and The Black and White Creature & Wolfman Minimates. :D:yess: Who's Next? :D

How was the foot on your creature monster, was the left one arched up in the air making it hard to stand?
thanks!

& i just bought another at toys are us today, no markdown, same price.

Back