Unaltered OT Appreciation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well yes any back story will by definition give a new perspective on the story it precedes. Its just nice when the new perspective is equal to or greater than that which was originally presented.

I agree with you about this... the PT could have been done in a way that would not necessarily give away all that was revealed in the OT. Of course those who grew up on the OT would know what happens next... but that is not the case for newer viewers.

Case-in-point; when I went to see the premeir of ROTS in the theater there were 2 young kids sitting next to me who were debating over whether or not Anakin would be killed by Vader. It was funny because they obviously had some familiarity with SW, but did not know their "hero" was going to turn the dark side.

And has was suggested the movie could have ended with the apparent death of Anakin. Those in the know would have no illusions about what happened next, but others might not and that could make watching the films in order a lot more fun.

Sith lightning also could have been saved for just ROTJ, but whatever :lol

I agree with you about this... the PT could have been done in a way that would not necessarily give away all that was revealed in the OT. Of course those who grew up on the OT would know what happens next... but that is not the case for newer viewers.

Case-in-point; when I went to see the premeir of ROTS in the theater there were 2 young kids sitting next to me who were debating over whether or not Anakin would be killed by Vader. It was funny because they obviously had some familiarity with SW, but did not know their "hero" was going to turn the dark side.

And has was suggested the movie could have ended with the apparent death of Anakin. Those in the know would have no illusions about what happened next, but others might not and that could make watching the films in order a lot more fun.

Sith lightning also could have been saved for just ROTJ, but whatever :lol

I saw TPM with some friends, one of which was a chick (thankfully not my date or I would've gone all EvilFace on her), who kept arguing afterwards that Senator Palpatine was NOT the same person as the Emperor. She, like those kids, had an IQ in the single digits... LOW single digits.

Here's a question to the fathers and mothers (though I doubt there are too many of those around here). I'm under the assumption that everyone here discussing this is a pretty hardcore SW fan. So for those with small children that have yet to watch a SW movie, how do you plan to introduce your children to SW? 1-6 in order? SW-ROTJ, then the PT after the fact like we experienced them? SE OT or Unaltered OT??

I'm pretty sure I would want my son to experience them as I did. Unaltered OT first, PT second.

I saw it with some friends, one of which was a chick (thankfully not my date or I would've gone all EvilFace on her), who kept arguing that Senator Palpatine was NOT the Emperor. She, like those kids, had an IQ in the single digits... LOW single digits.

I saw the Phantom Menace with some friends, when it was over one friend thought Anakin was actually LUKE as a child!! :lol:lol It's not like they called him ANAKIN throughout the movie!:slap:slap

Here's a question to the fathers and mothers (though I doubt there are too many of those around here). I'm under the assumption that everyone here discussing this is a pretty hardcore SW fan. So for those with small children that have yet to watch a SW movie, how do you plan to introduce your children to SW? 1-6 in order? SW-ROTJ, then the PT after the fact like we experienced them? SE OT or Unaltered OT??

I'm pretty sure I would want my son to experience them as I did. Unaltered OT first, PT second.

I have a 4 year old and 1 year old, I plan on going OT then PT, although my daughter does watch Clone Wars with me on occasion.

I know you like to be obtuse for fun... but not everyone picks up on clues in a movie and that makes it fun. Now your friend may have been an idiot, but the kids were just kids.

Not saying this aspect of the PT really bothers me; but I think if they had been treated more as their own thing (rather than the prequel to the main show) they might have fared better.

That's what I did. My daughter had a hard enough time staying still for Star wars, but as the series progressed she got more and more excited but couldn't watch the end of ROTS (too scary - but she's only 4).

ROTS does get pretty dark at the end. I wonder if that film was anywhere close to PG-13? Lots of limbs being lopped off....

:lol It was rated PG-13. :thwak

O'Really?

bill-oreilly-upset.jpg

That honestly sounds familiar now that you say it.... Dunno why I was thinking PG. Thanks lover :1-1:

Here's a question to the fathers and mothers (though I doubt there are too many of those around here).

I have 9, 8 and 4 year-olds and they all love the PT more; my oldest boy (8) actually thinks AOTC is the best of the bunch. :slap

He loves Clones. :lol

No way mine is going to see the prequels under my watch. Just like she's not gonna see any of the post-Henson Muppets garbage from the 1990s and 2000s if I can help it.

And though the unaltered originals would be ideal, I would be OK with her watching the special edition. For the casual fan, they aren't all that different to warrant going out of your way or anything. I would like to cut out that horrible Jabba the Hut scene, but nothing else really bothers me too much.

No way mine is going to see the prequels under my watch. Just like she's not gonna see any of the post-Henson Muppets garbage from the 1990s and 2000s if I can help it.

And though the unaltered originals would be ideal, I would be OK with her watching the special edition. For the casual fan, they aren't all that different to warrant going out of your way or anything. I would like to cut out that horrible Jabba the Hut scene, but nothing else really bothers me too much.

My son is two, as you may or may not know, and I tried to get him to watch SW the other day since he does know Darth Vader and loves his light sabers, etc. Unfortunitly the experiement is now on hold as he only got through the selling of the droids.:(

Anything Pixar, Dreamworks or Disney just doesn't fly yet, with the exception of Dispicable Me, though he was watching T2 for about 5 minutes with me the other day. I changed it prior to the lobby scene.

Back