Ultron PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics, hope to have him tip top shape and repainted soon

DSC_0070.jpg

What do you think of size? I felt he looked smallish beside Cap, Thor and Iron Man myself. I do like the cape but I think he should have been bigger and seated in a techno inspired throne -- and with the classic head as a change-o option. Probably would have taken it into $550 retail territory but would have been worth it IMO. To me that would have made Ultron an A+. Right now I give the statue itself a B, and the finish and QC a solid D-.

What do you think of size? I felt he looked smallish beside Cap, Thor and Iron Man myself. I do like the cape but I think he should have been bigger and seated in a techno inspired throne -- and with the classic head as a change-o option. Probably would have taken it into $550 retail territory but would have been worth it IMO. To me that would have made Ultron an A+. Right now I give the statue itself a B, and the finish and QC a solid D-.

You know, now that you brought it up and I can see the comparison shots, he does look to be smaller than 1/4 scale.

I don't have this piece but whenever I have a problem with the light feature on SS statues, I stick a screw driver down in the hole/peg part of the base and move the steel peg a bit more in the direction of whatever steel part it should be making contact with on the statue.
Works every time for me.

Here they are side by side. Not bad, but was expecting Ultron to be a little bigger. Throne version would definitely have been something.

175u9h.jpg

Here they are side by side. Not bad, but was expecting Ultron to be a little bigger. Throne version would definitely have been something.

175u9h.jpg

Nice pic Nexus. I think it is one of those statues that would have been great with a Throne. I dont know, the costs are not that much more, I would have gladly paid $500 for it! Why do we get SW Emperor and not the Ultron is beyond me

I guess my feelings on Ultron is that he is just 'ok'. It isn't that he is a crappy PF, because I don't think he is, for the price, he should be alot more than 'ok'.

The light up feature looks great when turned on and the base is perfect for the character, but I would have preferred a different pose and more variation in paint applications. I know he is a robot and should be monochromatic, but he is underwhelming. Congrats to those who are happy to add him to their Avengers collection.

I had to pass entirely on this piece. The QC on paint appps and construction just doesn't meet the mark for me.

Congrats to all that ordered one and are happy with it.

Just contacted SS for a replacement base. They are 5-7 days out and I will not be able to get an answer, so my repaint is on hold :(
Still, I will asked to see some pics on the other Ultrons being repainted for others.
I will have one here so I can take pics before I mail one out. Its all good, just got to wait.

At least I can take pics before this thing gets replacement base:

One of the better light ups to date (When it actually works at times):

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

You can see the colors are just monotone. There is not that much a difference and there is just not enough highlights on the wires etc.

Back