Ultron PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need to start a petition to really get SSC attention with their slacking QC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, I think the QC issues are just as suspect in-house. I mean, how many of us have actually received replacements that were far worse than the one we originally contacted CS about? Yet, we're told each replacement is thoroughly inspected prior to being shipped out. On more than one occasion, I was sent a statue with even worse dings or chips and/or a worse paintjob than was originally reported and illustrated in pics. What are we supposed to think when that happens? It's to the point where many of us feel it's a lottery when it comes to replacements.

IMO, getting a replacement that's even worse, and supposedly inspected, feels even more disappointing.

Last edited:
I really like the sculpt alot but you so notice upper chest gaps since you see alot of the white light leaking through. It's funny I left him on last night my roomie kids refused to go to the top floor bathroom because they thought it was a monster peaking out of my room lol

I really like the sculpt alot but you so notice upper chest gaps since you see alot of the white light leaking through. It's funny I left him on last night my roomie kids refused to go to the top floor bathroom because they thought it was a monster peaking out of my room lol

:lol
yes light is leakinG from Upper as well as lower chest gaps ..... i do like him its beautiful sculpt if they concentrated on paint-job it would have grail piece in upcominG year

Thanks for chipping in with a verdict, Therivox.

My own Ultron is sat waiting to be unboxed but I'm away from home right now so can't check it out. I'll be sure to post a fair review when I get the chance, but looking at everybody's comments so far I have a sinking feeling about it...!

So i got mine today
Lots is issues....

Paint is just ok
There are paint issues, some gaps but the worse part about it is the base is not working correctly
The light are the biggest issue and I don't think I can fix it
Looks like this one is going back :(
I can't even send it to my painter to repaint :mad:

So i got mine today
Lots is issues....

Paint is just ok
There are paint issues, some gaps but the worse part about it is the base is not working correctly

Damn Alex, sorry to hear that. :( you should try getting a replacement. I'm nervous now on getting him. :gah:

Damn Alex, sorry to hear that. :( you should try getting a replacement. I'm nervous now on getting him. :gah:

I got the light to work but now it's stuck
What a mess...
I'll take pics still next to other statues

I'm not going to give up on this one...not just yet
Good luck VS!

Thx Alex.. So if u would rate it out of ten, what would u give it?

Right now as it stands
Sculpt 8
Paint 4
Finish 3
QC 2

Now I am sure I have to ask for a replacement since the base has to be matched to the statue for the light up

So i got mine today
Lots is issues....

Paint is just ok

Make a video on it, I wanna see.

Chris

On the positive side, mine doesn't seem to have some of the issues as the others. On the negative side, the paint is certainly a disaster--oversprayed, sloppy, plasticky. Lightup looks good, and a repaint in Aclad would certainly turn this into a pretty spiffy, badass looking piece. I also wish he was a little bigger. The statue is 18 inches tall, which scales him to 6', but somehow I've always thought of Ultron as clocking in around 6'4" or so, especially with all the armor.

your pics look 200% better than the first ones posted imo.

because all of them has the light turned on and in a dim room.

this could have been such an awesome statue if they just put SOME effort into assembling this thing covering up the gaps and paint it like they did with dr doom.

so not looking forward to dutch pf, baring some miracle i know i am going to be super disappointed with the face paint. :slap

It's so unfair, sideshow has someone for example like silentsurfer which is one of the best painters do the prototype, then they take pictures of his work and put it on the website to wow us to order. But the statues we receive are painted by a bunch unskilled migrant chinese workers they dragged off the street paid $100 a month to paint those 10 hrs a day.

Make a video on it, I wanna see.

Chris

I am putting up a video in about 20 min
After looking at him for a while, Im very pleased with the sculpt itslef. Its very nice, however the paint and quality of assembly take this great sculpt down to a very low level compared to some other SS statues of the past. Then you add this QC failure I had on the base and its a real downer for me :monkey2

This had so much potential :lecture
Now I got to go fix it up myself, calling up SS on Mon. to see what we can do about this. Its not so much the paint job but the base that I am having issues with. Its just stuck on on all the time! :slap

This had so much potential :lecture
Now I got to go fix it up myself, calling up SS on Mon. to see what we can do about this. Its not so much the paint job but the base that I am having issues with. Its just stuck on on all the time! :slap

Well at least your issue with the base lets the lights turn on all i get is a flicker for a couple of seconds then it turns off so all i have to look at is the orange overspray:(

Well at least your issue with the base lets the lights turn on all i get is a flicker for a couple of seconds then it turns off so all i have to look at is the orange overspray:(

Take the little plug out and play with the switch it will stay on
Did you call them already? What did SS say?

Back