UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad Lesnar got exposed as being a joke. He should go back to the WWE, but I think he's still under contract with the UFC. Dana won't let him out of that contract. So maybe he'll fight Mir again.

CroCop hasn't come to fight in along time. Common opponents is not a good way to judge who's skills are better. And those odds will change. Overeem is actually a good bet right now.

We must've watched two different fights then, because the fight I saw featured JDS dominating and beating the crap out of Cro Cop for 3 rounds until Cro Cop quit.

In MMA, Overeem had nothing for Werdum in the stand up department (he was actually OUTSTRUCK by Werdum according to FightMetric) and nothing for an even older and even more broken down Cro Cop other than takedowns and knees to the groin ala Kongo to make the fight a NC.

No doubt Overeem is the best striker JDS has faced in MMA to date, but the same could be said about JDS for Overeem at HW in MMA. I mean there's a reason why JDS opened up as a 2-1 favorite.

Like I said, we'll see once they fight. Should be good.

So glad Lesnar got exposed as being a joke. He should go back to the WWE, but I think he's still under contract with the UFC. Dana won't let him out of that contract. So maybe he'll fight Mir again.

I'd love to see him fight Mir again. Complete the trilogy. Here's a question: Who can take a punch better? Brock or Mir? :lol

Common opponents is not a good way to judge who's skills are better.

Actually it is (besides the 2 guys in question actually fighting) especially when comparing the same skill set. In this case, striking.

It would be different if someone were comparing two fighters through common opponents with different skill sets i.e. one guys win over a common opponent with JJ and one guys win over a common opponent with striking. Then it would be irrelevant.

And MMA math would also be irrelevant as well.

But neither of those things have been brought up. We're talking strictly about JDS' striking vs. Overeem's striking in MMA vs. common opponents/opponents in general. And that's absolutely relevant to this discussion.

I think even this version of Brock will be able to rape Mir's face again...Brock has already proven his superiority over Mir

I'd have a hard time disagreeing. The guys who've given it to Brock have been pretty damn confident in their striking. The question whether Mir at this point is just a gatekeeper or not has probably been answered in other ways, but if he couldn't beat Brock, who's — at minimum — psychologically a shell of his former self, he'll never be fighting for the gold again.

Last edited:
Now the question is, who's next after JDS vs. Reem!? Mir? The winner of Werdum vs. Nelson!? The winner of the SF GP!? Who should get the shot?

Also on a side note: the winner of JDS vs. Overeem will be the undisputed, linear HW champion.

Now the question is, who's next after JDS vs. Reem!? Mir? The winner of Werdum vs. Nelson!? The winner of the SF GP!? Who should get the shot?

Also on a side note: the winner of JDS vs. Overeem will be the undisputed, linear HW champion.

Yes this in itself is going to be interesting because they really need to start grooming some contenders. I mean everyone has there opinion of who should be next, but we really dont have a definite contender just yet. Like you mentioned Devil...the only guy I can think of who is active and moving forward in a sense is Mir. I have to say Mir is almost like a gate keeper at this point. Hes a good fighter, but at the same time has his weaknesses as well. I just dont see Mir being able to hang with JDS, Reem or Cain. If he could get Reem down into a wrestling match he might have a chance, but otherwise I just dont see him being able to really stop any of the top guys. Again interesting

As a Mir fan I would love to see him fight Brock again. I don't think it's a question on whose chin is better, Brock clearly has the better chin. He just doesn't like to get hit. He backs up as soon as contact is made. Brock/Carwin took Mir's chin and it hasn't been the same since.

Mir lost because of terrible gameplanning. He was quoted saying he didn't think Brock was going to use his wrestling and thought he would try and stand with him. Brock clearly didn't fear Mir's BJJ and neutralized it with his strong wrestling base and size. This time around Brock won't have a huge gap in strength/size.

Reading a Brock interview, he said the knees were really powerful, and thought one broke his rib. Basically why he crumbled up.

Yea he told Dana that if his rib wasn't broken, then he didn't want to know what a broken rib felt like because he was in a lot of pain.

Yeah, Ive watched the fight several times now and you can see the 2nd knee he took he was clinching his teeth like he was really in pain from those knees, which also basically explains why it was really over when he took that punch to the body and the fight was stopped.

You cant really hate the guy for being a hunter.

Yeah really, people hunt, this is nothing new or extreme. Hunting believe it or not serves a purpose.

Back to the topic of Brock vs Mir... I honestly don't know how Brock would do against Mir. The Brock at UFC 100 is not the same Brock that just fought. I think the surgeries and off time just took its toll on him. He is not the animal he was when he first started. Quite a shame, but I think he made the right choice and should stay retired and find something else.

There's a difference between hunting for food and survival and shooting defenseless animals for your own pleasure..
That Downs Syndrome midget hick routinely gets beaten to a pulp in the Octagon so he thinks he's regaining his "masculinity " by shooting at animals and boasting about it on Twitter..wow Matt, hunting down and killing endangered animals for pleasure, good job loser.

None of the animals in the pictures you posted are endangered animals.:slap

As Praxitas said, it does serve a purpose man. In most cases you have to get a tag and can only take certain animals. As well as basically keeps the animal population in control in whatever region your in and as to what your hunting. Most hunters eat what they kill and Matt seems to be a guy who eats his kill. I dont see anything wrong with hunting. Shot my fair shair of guns and Ive been hunting before. Not a big deal. Hes a country boy, grew up on a farm, it comes with the territory. Not a big deal.

please ban leonidas, the guy is a troll and we dont need that in this forum.

quite surprised over the uproar about hunting animals, yet zero respect for the retarded community .... :monkey1

Back