UFC, etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
natecarrano.jpg

Hasn't come out yet. That's why it's weird. She was actually medically cleared by the commission to fight and then all of a sudden she dropped out and said HER private doctor advised her not to fight.

So no one knows for sure. And since she ain't saying anything, rumors are popping up left and right. :lol

The reason the PSAC wanted him to cycle off for 8 weeks was because cutting weight causes the same exact symptoms Marquardt was having: Low testosterone, irritability, fatigue, aches and pains, etc.

So the PSAC wanted to see if the symptoms Marquardt was having was actually due to a drop in testosterone (which is a real medical condition) or simply side effects from him cutting weight to make 170 lbs. And instead of following their instructions, Marquardt took even MORE testosterone (higher dosage) up until a week before the fight which obviously resulted in him having elevated levels above the acceptable range the day of the fight.

And remember, the PSAC raised Marquardt's acceptable range level above the normal acceptable range level given to other fighters because he disclosed he was undergoing TRT meaning the PSAC gave him a range of what a normal person doing TRT would have and Marquardt's levels even exceeded that so dude STILL failed.

:slap
I listened to the interview on MMA Hour today and if I understood correctly, he stated his levels were actually below the bottom of the acceptable range on Sunday, so that suggests to me (if it's true) that maybe it was due to the treatment. It sounded as if he could've had one last test hours before the fight that he would've passed with flying colors. I dunno....if the PSAC clears him later this week, maybe the story was true. But if they don't reinstate him, it brings it all back into question.

I actually like Nate and hope he gets everything straightened out.

he stated his levels were actually below the bottom of the acceptable range on Sunday

That's the thing though, since it wasn't a drug test (the standard test fighters take that checks for banned substances) and since the PSAC and UFC can't discuss specifics because of HIPPA (a law that prevents a persons medical details from being released) Marquardt can claim that a few hours later his levels were fine and it can't be refuted.

If it were a normal drug test the PSAC could release the details i.e. the specific level over the limit he was. That right there would be definitive proof if he's lying or not about taking a test later and being within the raised acceptable range level the PSAC gave him.

But they can't.

**EDIT**

Not sure if I mentioned this or not, but apparently another reason why the UFC and Dana White are so pissed off is because Nate Marquardt never discussed the situation with them beforehand even though HE knew what was going on with the PSAC (what they wanted him to do i.e. cycle off, the documents they needed proving he really needed TRT, etc.) So the first time the UFC/Dana White heard about it was Saturday, the day before the event.

Last edited:
Basically. Because according to Nate he's been using testosterone since August 2010. That time period includes his fights against Rousimar Palhares, Yushin Okami and Dan Miller. No positive tests there.

OR..

he could be lying about when he originally started using TRT. Who knows!?

I have to say, after ive heard the whole story, I kinda beleive Nate. Its just unfortunate as to how it played out and the overall outcome of his fight career.

Chael Sonnen is now free to apply for a license in any state. I know alot of people hate him, but I'd like to see him fight again. I really dont care about his lying, cheating or stealing....or even roids. He pay'd his do's, let him fight.

Just because he can apply for a license doesn't mean he will get one. Especially in Nevada where Keith Kizer is part of the commission. And no license in Nevada means no job for Cheat Sonnen.

Brett Rogers career is over...well not that he was going anywhere, but now its really over. If you havent heard, do a quick search and you'll see his new training partner is his wife and kids apparently.

She didn't look happen after he lost. :lol

I'm guessing the nagging started and Brett went for the finish. Though I'm a little skeptical because he's accused of going for a choke submission and Rogers is known for (T)KO finishes. :monkey3

Brett Rogers career is over...well not that he was going anywhere, but now its really over. If you havent heard, do a quick search and you'll see his new training partner is his wife and kids apparently.

Just read this in USA Today. What a ******. I never thought he was anything impressive either. Just some big guy that threw punches like a drunken truck driver.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

Back