Twilight Witch King LS Bust!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here are 5 of "The nine" so you can compare:

witch.jpg
LOTR-EN02082.jpg
LOTR-EN03086.jpg

LOTR-EN02083.jpg
LOTR-EN02084.jpg

Last edited:
Well this photo should pretty well lay to rest the arguement as to which bust is more "movie accurate"

Yes, but it stirs up another argument, as to which of the other Nazgul the "original" SSW bust and statue were based on, as it's clearly not the same? :confused:

Yes, but it stirs up another argument, as to which of the other Nazgul the "original" SSW bust and statue were based on, as it's clearly not the same? :confused:

True. Trilogy on statueforum made a really good point when he said it's very hard to get an accurate perception of the nazgul when in true form because of the visual distortions. Because of this I think it would pretty well be impossible to get a 100% accurate representation of any of nazgul, though clearly it looks like the Weta version must have been based on one of the other one's.

I would like to know what the sculptor used as a reference to make this piece (pics, etc.). I'm sure they must have had access to the actual wardrobe as well as other shots and images, not just screen caps. Also, how much creative license was used? Plus the other thing to consider is that New Line had to approve the design so they don't have a problem with the look.

If the Sideshow Bust is more movie accurate, I wonder why the Weta busts don't look this way. You would think that the Weta sculptors would have had a more intimate knowledge of how the Witch-king was supposed to look.

To be honest, I prefer the look of the Weta Bust but I still like this bust very much and have no regrets ordering it. There are a lot of points that I agree with such as the narrow looking head around the crown, the big chin, the tapered waste, the animated maquette style hair and the wrinkly skin. Of all those, the only thing the bothers me most is the wrinkled skin. I much prefer the smooth look of the Weta bust and statue. I'm least bothered by the tapered waste because it's a bust after all.

Woodsy's right about the visual distortions... Everyone needs to go back and watch their favorite movie again to remember how hard it is to really see a hard image of a True Form Nazgul! :lecture
:lol

That being said, here's the classic Wiki shot with the face we are all familiar with.
(It looks more like Weta's sculpt, and they know the actor personally, designed his makeup and filmed him, correct?)

fotr0545.jpg

Also, aside from the list of "discrepencies" that Fritz pointed out, I'd like to add that the crown's spikes are obviously too short and that also makes the face look fatter than it should be.

It doesn't look realistic like the Gandalf bust or even the M. Lord- it looks like an animaquette. And although this whole collecting thing is based on personal preference, (some liking this sculpt better) I think the majority had their hopes pinned on a larger version of the Weta bust.

I know I did.

And I now correct my previous observation:
To me this bust looks like Gary Busey playing the role of PruneFace in Dick Tracy!
(I can't find a good Pruney screen cap, though. Somebody help?)

The pic that Sam pointed out is how I see the WKTF, and it is MUCH slender than what SS is releasing.

Woodsy's right about the visual distortions... Everyone needs to go back and watch their favorite movie again to remember how hard it is to really see a hard image of a True Form Nazgul! :lecture

That being said, here's the classic Wiki shot with the face we are all familiar with.
(It looks more like Weta's sculpt, and they know the actor personally, designed his makeup and filmed him, correct?)

fotr0545.jpg

Also, aside from the list of "discrepencies" that Fritz pointed out, I'd like to add that the crown's spikes are obviously too short and that also makes the face look fatter than it should be.

It doesn't look realistic like the Gandalf bust or even the M. Lord- it looks like an animaquette. And although this whole collecting thing is based on personal preference, (some liking this sculpt better) I think the majority had their hopes pinned on a larger version of the Weta bust.

I know I did.

And I now correct my previous observation:
To me this bust looks like Gary Busey playing the role of PruneFace in Dick Tracy!
(I can't find a good Pruney screen cap, though. Somebody help?)

...thats the pic we all know and love...I agree with Sam

Whilst I have every respect for the creative talent at Sideshow I do not rate this as one of the best depictions of this character. I suppose they have to make these busts sufficiently different from the Sideshow Weta versions to pass the licence terms but have, in my opinion bitten off more can they can chew with this particular one. From the neck down it is as you would expect - superb - but above that I am not getting anything but comic! Sorry, but it is simply not good.

My order of preference in terms of ownership for the various versions of this character would be:-

1. SS/W statue - uber cool.

2. SS/W bust (I have one) very good likeness and the crown is the same scale is the helm version to boot!

3. GG animaquette - which is very stylised and very ornamental.

4. SS Legendary Scale bust but not at this price.

he looks like he is getting sucked into one of the ghostbusters' containment units. i was really looking forward to this one as the 'twilight' ringwraiths were one of my favorite parts of fotr. i dig the look tha jackson, weta, and co. came up with. but this is a total pass for me as of right now.

fotr0545.jpg

I think this "classic" image of the witch king is badly distorted and makes the face look thin, look at the fingers they are VERY skinny in places which means that so is the face and the other "fatter" shot of Wiki below is very like what SS have done with the LS Bust. There aren't many on here saying it so i'll say it again I think the new LS Bust is STUNNING!! Well done SS! :D

witch.jpg

Well, i think that Weta got more advantage since they got pics of all the character in 180°, i got one pic of a nazgul that weta took so i think the weta bust is more accurate, but who knows :

nac3bblxl8.jpg
LOTR-EN02082.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if it was there on friday but there is a QTVR of the witchking LS bust now...Looking at that and turning it around makes this look really good!! :D

Back