Tupuxuara - Pterodactyl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So April 23rd or so ? Is it within 30 days or right at 30 days ? I keep forgetting how these things work.

Either way that's getting close to Apato territory too I bet..unless it's also delayed. :/

I've noticed in the past that the 30 days announcement is usually just an estimate. Usually, they ship out a little later than 30 days, but everybody will know for sure when SS sends their payment notification.

Well..I guess bad if it shows lack of interest from Sideshow..and for those of us who found this line an affordable way collect high end sculptures of Dinosaurs...especially if lack of interest means it won't continue.

I don't want to be a nay sayer or anything just a vibe I'm getting is all.

Good for our wallets, but bad for the line. I know of a few collectors, who have already sold every Dinosauria piece they had. It's kinda sad to think about.:monkey2

I guess they just weren't that dedicated eh ? lol Joking of course.. I can see how someone would have a hard time keeping up with the line financially..and collectors can be flighty...jumping from one new thing to the other.

I'm going to have all my Dinosaur collectibles put in a permanent museum. In the middle of that museum will be me, stuffed, riding atop my lifesize Parasaurolophus. :yess: That won't scare the kids, will it? :lol

Depends on how good it is I guess...stitches obvious, eyes too large..sounds like something for my haunt instead..lol ;D

I think it would kind of cool to be fossilized or maybe have my skeleton used as a prop in haunt..I can keep on doing what I love even after I'm gone.. lol

Well..I guess bad if it shows lack of interest from Sideshow..and for those of us who found this line an affordable way collect high end sculptures of Dinosaurs...especially if lack of interest means it won't continue.

I don't want to be a nay sayer or anything just a vibe I'm getting is all.

I'm feeling pretty much the same. Well, if SS drops this line (I hope not), at least it will have a positive effect for our wallets. But on the other hand, it won't be easy to find another line with finished high-quality Dinosaur statues in the market with relatively affordable prices such as SS Dinosauria.

Even if the line discontinues, I really hope that they release the Stegosaurus statue soon enough. I think quite a lot of dedicated fans of the line are really looking forward to it.

:ignore: Bie your tongue, all of you. The line isn't going anywhere. I can't hear you... :lol

I'll be very sad if the line ends after the stegosaurus. If it ends before... :gah: I don't think we're looking at the end of the line though. The statues sell out a bit more slowly, but they do sell out.

The average total production run for each Maquette or Dio in this line is about 500 pcs including both the Ex and Regular Editions. And yet most of these are taking a long time to sell out. The earlier pieces like the Carno and T-Rex did sold out quite fast though but we still see both the Ex and Regular Editions of the Spino being available.

Thus, I wouldn't be surprised if SSC significantly slows down this line and maybe even drop it all together (touch wood!). But we can't blame them though because they are afterall a business and if a particular line is not bringing in the revenue and profits. they will just need to do what every business does.

One way for SSC to spur more interest in the line may be to release smaller pieces at lower prices in-between the bigger pieces like the Apato and Stego. I am quite confident the Stego will be released, sooner or later.

i'm keeping my hopes up that this line will continue a bit longer. SS did mention before that they were even thinking of expanding the line to produce dino busts, right? the way i see it, after the stego gets released, all popular species would have already come out (t-rex, trike, apato, stego) and selling the future releases of less popular species would take a longer time to sell out, but i'm still keeping the faith.:pray:

i'd like to see more ceratopsians (pachyrhinosaurus, torosaurus, chasmosaurus...), busts would be superb, maquettes will be good also. also maquettes or dios of hadrosaurs. a pteranodon is also a popular choice for the next pterosaur, or quetzalcoatlus. and we have yet to have a piece from the ankylosaur family...

I don't know much about business, but it would seem that Sideshow can factor in longer sell out times for these guys and put that into the business strategy. They don't have licensing fees, so I'm guessing they have a bigger profit margin on these figures.

The line may slow down to counter the longer sell out times (gives people more chance to have money for the next piece, less likelihood of someone canceling because the next piece that comes out they want more), but I don't think it will stop altogether.

But that's all 100% armchair business philosophy. :lol

The Tupu being late is at the root of this..SS dropping their fan event and not fooling with Toyfair didn't help as that's normally when we would have heard something new in the past. Letting a fan base cool is not usually a good thing..unless they are just trying to make us rabid for the next piece...sometimes that works..others you just lose customers.

i'm keeping my hopes up that this line will continue a bit longer. SS did mention before that they were even thinking of expanding the line to produce dino busts, right? the way i see it, after the stego gets released, all popular species would have already come out (t-rex, trike, apato, stego) and selling the future releases of less popular species would take a longer time to sell out, but i'm still keeping the faith.:pray:

i'd like to see more ceratopsians (pachyrhinosaurus, torosaurus, chasmosaurus...), busts would be superb, maquettes will be good also. also maquettes or dios of hadrosaurs. a pteranodon is also a popular choice for the next pterosaur, or quetzalcoatlus. and we have yet to have a piece from the ankylosaur family...

We've heard a lot..but seen little. I know the artists involved have said they would like to do so and so..but we haven't seen anything from them.

I don't think fantacular is an event they always do at the same time, the first one I remember was in November of 05 and its what introduced me to the board.

I think they just do a fantacular when they have alot of stuff coming out, and sadly, it seems they've not been having too much of interest, to me at least, in the newsletters lately. Maybe they're just slowing down a bit across the board.

A fellow board member is the one who does those, so I wouldn't take it as a sign from Sideshow.

Back