Trick R Treat Sam by Trick or Treat Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a big Trick ‘r Treat fan I’ve wanted a 1/6 Sam for so long, so I’m glad to finally have this. I think it’s okay out of the box, if not overpriced, but once you darken the head and pad out the body it’s a nice figure. The “collar” part of the sack is definitely too short, and I don’t know how you could really fix that, but right now it’s my biggest issue so I’m pretty happy overall.

Attachments

• IMG_2840.jpeg
    IMG_2840.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Just a mix of brown and vintage white acrylic paint, probably not the best approach but it got the job done. Here’s another shot after it dried and with the eye buttons repositioned, I think stock they resembled the cutesy poster look more than the actual mask in the movie.
FE30AA2A-D7BF-490C-9957-61A0057CD438-16906-000009EBDC89A547.jpeg

IMG_2892.jpeg

Straight out of the box I plan on painting the burlap sack and headsculpt this weekend needs a crotch grabber the body is crap but I like everything else super pumped to finish this guy out to make it looks amazing. Overall get it don’t let the scale bother you I think it’s perfect and sits great on a detolf it’s a solid buy I’m happy
IMG_2777.jpeg

IMG_2789.jpeg

Still trying to decide if I want to lighten it up? What do you guys think? The paint is still drying so hopefully that will help

I will echo the sentiment about getting this figure. It is pricy, but if you look around their are deals. A lower price makes it a better purchase. In some of the pictures there seems to be lens distortion making the head more elongated. In person the head is round. He should be shorter, but it doesn't bug me. I may purchase a smaller body later, but no real need right now. It's a nice figure and brings a smile to my face every time I repose it.

In my opinion, there is nothing that can be done to fix the height issue. Using a smaller body makes it look more ridiculous. The head is way too round and too large in proportion to the body compared to the on-screen look as well.

I padded the suit, glued the feet, got rid of the plastic ball and use the sack itself to go over the sculpt.

At least it exists.

Attachments

• 1000006420-02.jpg
    1000006420-02.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 0
Got mine in and I’ve been having a blast modding him out.

Picture heavy.

First the body - too thin and the PJs float around on his feet. So, fixed that….
IMG_6748.jpeg

Wrapped waist in craft foam - Orange seemed appropriate. Then I heated the foam up so I could stretch it out and stuff it with make up sponges to give him a little bulk. Also added some craft foam to his thighs.
IMG_6752.jpeg

IMG_6754.jpeg

Double side tape to the soles of his shoes. Now the PJ feet are stuck to the soles on his shoes/sneakers.
IMG_6760.jpeg

For the base it needed weathering but also some bulk. Felt cheap and light. So I filled it with resin and after it cured I add some cut up old mouse pad to fill it out also keeps it from sliding. Adds an incredible amount of weight and now it feels like a statue base.

Before

IMG_6763.jpeg

And after….
IMG_6840.jpeg
IMG_7125.jpeg
IMG_7154.jpeg

Going to drill a hole and add a clear acrylic rod with single crotch grabber. That will be later today.

The bag was heavily weathered and fixed the “white” seem. Also bloody it up and added dried pinto beans to give weight and shape to the bag. Everything bloody I have to hit again with floor wax to get the wet look I’m after.
IMG_6761.jpeg

IMG_7148.jpeg

IMG_7149.jpeg

Finally worked on the costume and head. Suit has bloody mist to right side - some heavy some light. Added blood to hands and glossed them. Bloodied up the Lolly. Also bloodied the foot pads. Finally the sack head was too white so I stained it with a honey wood stain. Turned it light brown but took about 26-30hrs to dry. Then I mixed some light brown acrylic paint with water and did layer after layer until I hit the brown I was after. The reason for the stain at first is because I heard people complain or express worry about the sack head fraying. The stain once dried will keep the sack from fraying and it hardens the surface like resin.

So again before -
IMG_6762.jpeg

And after -

IMG_7141.jpeg
IMG_7152.jpeg
IMG_7144.jpeg

IMG_7160.jpeg
IMG_7166.jpeg

So, I’m about 90% there. Still need to wet look all my blood and add the clear crotch grabber. He has been a fun figure to mod. Love this little guy.

Thanks for looking. Take Care - Jase

Attachments

• IMG_7159.jpeg
    IMG_7159.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7172.jpeg
    IMG_7172.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Had some time today to finish up my Sam. I put a clear rod into the custom painted stand. Wet looked the drag bag, all my added blood, and also Sam’s foot bottoms. Love how he turned out.
IMG_7588.jpeg
IMG_7589.jpeg
IMG_7593.jpeg
IMG_7594.jpeg
IMG_7596.jpeg
IMG_7597.jpeg
IMG_7595.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7592.jpeg
    IMG_7592.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7591.jpeg
    IMG_7591.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Got mine today from BBTS and I got two candy bar holding hands and no sucker holding hand. 🤦‍♂️View attachment 653975

Otherwise everything seems good. I've contacted BBTS to see what my options are.

As many have said TOTs Sam is definitely oversized a bit. Here he is next to my Custom I made a few years ago. Quinn Lord was 4'2" - 4'4" when playing Sam. His stunt double was 4'6". Factoring the median of 4'4" Sam should be around 8.8" in 1:6 scale. TOTS went almost an inch taller.
View attachment 653976

And here Sam is the body swap I feel is much closer to Quinn in scale. I still need to weather him though.

View attachment 653977

This happened to me as well with the hands. Contacted the retailed over ebay and they said they'd reach out to TOTS to send me a lollipop hand.

Did you have any luck getting your hand replacement?

Had some time today to finish up my Sam. I put a clear rod into the custom painted stand. Wet looked the drag bag, all my added blood, and also Sam’s foot bottoms. Love how he turned out. View attachment 669911View attachment 669912View attachment 669915View attachment 669916View attachment 669918View attachment 669919View attachment 669917

Excellent job! This will be my first time using a wash on fabric or a figure. Do you apply the wash using a a foam brush? I curious to ask what kind of wash you might use and how best to apply it. Any advice would be great!

Last edited:
This happened to me as well with the hands. Contacted the retailed over ebay and they said they'd reach out to TOTS to send me a lollipop hand.

Did you have any luck getting your hand replacement?
I did, they sent me the lollipop hand and another stand for some reason.

Excellent job! This will be my first time using a wash on fabric or a figure. Do you apply the wash using a a foam brush? I curious to ask what kind of wash you might use and how best to apply it. Any advice would be great!
For the weathering I did a bunch of different methods. Painted on for the feet, head, hands, and base. But I also used the make up sponge for the outfit and base as well. Best advice on any weathering project start light and work your way darker/dirtier until you get the effect you want. AND use multiple washes in different colors. It will look better and more realistic in the end.

Back