Trick or Treat Studios Dr. Loomis

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With regards to Doc's clothes, and I can't believe I am saying this, those horribly giant, weird pockets...they're film accurate. Blame 70's fashion.

The trench coat, shirt, and tie seem to be where he fails in the tailoring department. Plus, his lack of a belt, or even belt loops, if you wanted to buy an aftermarket one.

h78loomis-main3.jpg

Overall, it's an okay figure. The brown suit is a bit frumpy, but I think it's something that can be futz. The trench should have been a more opaque material. This really should be in the $150-$160 price range. Decisions.

I keep going back to the same thought of who else is going to make this character again? The only way I see it happening is a custom which will probably be much more than this.

I have some complaints about the suit and trench coat but the figure looks serviceable. I think had it been priced at like $160-$170 it would have been an easier sell.

I keep going back to the same thought of who else is going to make this character again? The only way I see it happening is a custom which will probably be much more than this.

I have some complaints about the suit and trench coat but the figure looks serviceable. I think had it been priced at like $160-$170 it would have been an easier sell.
If inflation rates weren't so high, these (and probably all the rest) would have remained below the $200 price point. Everything is sky high right now, and luxury items are no exception sadly.

Death has come to your little town, Sheriff. 🎃
Dr Loomis arrived a couple of days ago and I’ve got to say, for the price point, I think TOTS have done a pretty fantastic job. I’m not a big fan of their other 1/6 figures for various reasons but this one stands out in both sculpt and quality.

As for the complaints about the figure - I agree that the trench coat should have been made of a more fitting (and definitely more opaque) material. That’s definitely the biggest downside to the figure. The colour however isn’t as inaccurate as I’ve seen some say it is.
As for the collar on the white shirt, it’s actually pretty screen accurate being oversized, as are the pockets on the brown suit. (Thanks to the 70’s) The collar just needs to be more flat to the figures body and not ride so high.
The revolver accessory is also absolutely spot on and has some real nice detail on there and metallic paint work - I’m surprised how accurate it is to the real Smith and Wesson.

The head sculpt has already been given enough praise and looks more or less perfect.
He’s definitely worth the pick up for sure and with a couple of modifications he’d be perfect. I’m surprised at the final product TOTS have put out.
(I just wish he came with a stand!)

I’ve done an unboxing and review of him too if anyone wants to check it out.

IMG_0191.jpeg
View attachment IMG_0169.jpeg
IMG_0161.jpeg

Kind of feel like Loomis will be a desired figure down the line. Could use some work but as is the figure is pretty good. Just need to find a Michael to pair with him.

Got Loomis last week. That coat he came with was terrible unless you can light him in a way that doesn't show it looking like a weird old school see through hospital gown. I got this coat on Ebay and its wired; I prefer this on him. It's not exactly accurate to Halloween 1978 but I prefer this to what he comes with. Kinda looks similar to the coat in Halloween 5 as far as the color goes, but the style is slightly different.

The coat I got is: DID Trench Coat WWII GENERAL George Patton JR 1/6. You can get it for like $13 USD.

94839e45-82f0-4997-8887-ecf59a72b2b1.jpg

image0 (1).jpeg

07185478-de9d-4f14-9c08-4780ebfbf319.jpg

Screenshot 2024-04-22 131411.png

Last edited:
Back