Trick or Treat - WARNING: Possible spoilers ahead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trick or Treat

They don't have it up for pre-order yet because Warner Premiere hasn't decided on the exact date in October it will be released. But don't worry... it will be.

Ok, but if its not I am going to hold you personally responsible. :)

Looking forward to a cool movie in a cool month.

Oct. is perfect, and i've heard nothing but upbeat reviews.

Drag me to Hell might also be coming out in Oct...so a great movie month indeed!

There is at least one hilariously over the top gross-out scene in TRICK 'r TREAT that is akin to DRAG ME TO HELL.

Plastic- can you tell us more about how the director reacted to the crowd reaction?

I saw it at Comic Con, too. I loved this movie. I found the original short film on the net (it's fun) and grabbed everything I could find on the film. I don't know if it will be a success or not, but it really is a classic worth watching.

I saw about 1/2 this movie when I was at Comic-Con. They had a panel of the actors and director there with Harry from AICN moderating. I would have stayed if it didn't get too late for me-I'm an early riser. This film was fun and scary -not gory. I actually enjoyed what I saw

Plastic- can you tell us more about how the director reacted to the crowd reaction?

I saw it at Comic Con, too. I loved this movie. I found the original short film on the net (it's fun) and grabbed everything I could find on the film. I don't know if it will be a success or not, but it really is a classic worth watching.
Michael Dougherty has been very pleased with the reaction to the film. We interviewed him and Brian Cox that day and should have it up pretty soon.

It will do fine in the home video market, which is where it's headed.

If you're really into the movie, you need to pick up the behind-the-scenes book published by Insight Editions. It's an essential companion piece.

SEASONS GREETINGS will also be an extra on the Blu-ray/DVD.

I saw about 1/2 this movie when I was at Comic-Con. They had a panel of the actors and director there with Harry from AICN moderating. I would have stayed if it didn't get too late for me-I'm an early riser. This film was fun and scary -not gory. I actually enjoyed what I saw
The more gory stuff is near the end of the film. But it's fun throughout.

That's awesome that the short will be on the DVD. I really wish this had made it to theaters, it was such a cool idea. But I will support it on Blu Ray and get a copy... and you can bet that I will recommend it to anyone who gives a damn about horror. :rock

It's a rotten shame this didn't get a theatrical release. The trailer makes it look like loads o' scary, good fun! Looks like a great cast, too.

I did pick up the book-- it seems really cool with the various inserts. Looking forwrd to the comic book as well.

I found a site that says these are the covers. 1st is the cardboard cover, 2nd is the actuall case. And if its the "Best Halloween movie in 30 years" why did you jerks wait so long to release it... AHHHHHHHH.

trickortreatdvdcover.jpg

trickortreatocover.jpg

Last edited:

It is definitely the best Halloween film since the original HALLOWEEN. And one could probably argue that this is the best one period since it's actually about Halloween itself.

In any case, it's an instant classic and one of the best horror flicks in years. And, believe it or not, Dougherty is open to sequels or even an anthology special and has ideas.

Look for my report on CTR this week... and we're also planning something really cool in October. :rock

I prefer the box cover to the interior cover. I usually ditch my box covers to keep the DVD collection looking neat, for most titles. Even though the bulk of my horror collection is in DVD, may upgrade on this one.

Will there be a bluray?

Will there be a bluray?

Yes. It'll be released the same day.

The graphic novel drops on Wednesday October 7th, so I wouldn't be surprised to see 10/6 or 10/13 as the release date for the DVD/Blu-ray.

We should know for sure soon. WB told me to expect the screener sometime in late August or September.

It is definitely the best Halloween film since the original HALLOWEEN.

That's a huge statement.

And makes me even sadder if i agree with it when i see it that it was not in the theater.

(oh well still, something for me to look forward to this fall. Been a long time since i anticipated a good Halloween type movie.)

:winkpumpk

Yeah, the big shame of it is that it's definitely the type of flick that is more fun with a packed audience, like DRAG ME TO HELL.

I have no idea how many people fit in Ballroom 20 at the San Diego Convention Center, but it was surely several hundred, if not a couple thousand, and it was a blast. Definitely go see this if it's playing on the roadshow tour within driving distance of you.

Back