Prop Trick or Treat Studios Stripe and Evil Gremlin Puppet Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't take a decent pic to save my life, but here is my gremlins display.
50090fe72440b5eca401124addb4d859.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! Love these gremlins, they look great! As folks who already own them know, posing them is the problematic part. The limbs will bend, but long term I would fear damaging the rubber/paint. As others have stated they don't stand up well. Best solution I could muster was to use other props.

Thanks guys! Love these gremlins, they look great! As folks who already own them know, posing them is the problematic part. The limbs will bend, but long term I would fear damaging the rubber/paint. As others have stated they don't stand up well. Best solution I could muster was to use other props.

Yeah, not being able to pose them is the only negative. I had mine leaned up against a chair for about a month and the legs finally buckled. I now have a bungee cord under his arms (that is barely noticeable) which is working fine though.

Does anyone have a picture of the back of the puppets?

The Gremlins got delivered today instead of Monday! Took two quick pics of them right out of the box (they were shipped together in plastic bags and tossed in a shipping box--no individual boxes).

6145e61ee5b86620e765da5888f134a4.jpg

abf6896793ec6fcf4717c6d9ec03cab9.jpg

My first impression is there's more positives than negatives as long as you're not expecting a fully poseable Gremlin figure. They're the right size and look great. They feel like they're made of a thick rubber but mostly hollow so you can put your hand in to work the mouth--which is hilarious. You can move the limbs to a decent degree, but they won't stay since there's no wiring or skeleton. They're definitely puppets and not figures. Even without any internal support, they're dense enough to stand if you lean them against the wall.

I do have a couple concerns. Stripe's hair is thin and a mess. I think the shape is fixable with some hairspray, but it's definitely not as full as I was expecting. Also, I'm worried about putting the arms through too much strain because I think the rubber will crack. This is kind of a bummer because I wanted to hang one of them from Christmas lights, but now I'm afraid it won't last long in one piece with the arms in that position.

Overall, I actually really like them. I'll let them settle in and see what I think after messing with them a bit. There may be nicer alternatives for a life-size Gremlin out there, but they'll set you back a lot more than $200.

From earlier in the thread

I just got my Evil Gremlin from EE for $159 delivered. Waiting on stripe.

Evil Gremlin is cool. Not as good as the NECA Gremlins but still cool.

I just got my Evil Gremlin from EE for $159 delivered. Waiting on stripe.

Evil Gremlin is cool. Not as good as the NECA Gremlins but still cool.

Same here. I was a little disappointed with the quality of the one I received, but it's not like a paid a fortune for it.

Same here. I was a little disappointed with the quality of the one I received, but it's not like a paid a fortune for it.

I'm gonna stuff the body of mine with news paper or something like that. I don't like the empty body cavity despite being a puppet.

Next to the NECA Gremlins the TOTS Evil Gremlin looks just a tad bit animated or cartoonish maybe like 8%. The NECA puppets look more realistic as they're not new sculptures and are more solidly built. The NECA stands are pretty good too.

The TOTS sculpt is very good but could've been a tad more realistic, but for $159 it's very good. Much better sculpt than I could do. Overall I'm happy. I'm looking forward to Stripe but probably won't buy any more in the future.

I'm gonna stuff the body of mine with news paper or something like that. I don't like the empty body cavity despite being a puppet.

Next to the NECA Gremlins the TOTS Evil Gremlin looks just a tad bit animated or cartoonish maybe like 8%. The NECA puppets look more realistic as they're not new sculptures and are more solidly built. The NECA stands are pretty good too.

The TOTS sculpt is very good but could've been a tad more realistic, but for $159 it's very good. Much better sculpt than I could do. Overall I'm happy. I'm looking forward to Stripe but probably won't buy any more in the future.

Agreed. I may end up doing a video review of this with stuffing him more, and adding rods to his arms for the ability to bend them and have them hold their shape.

I got mine earlier this week. He's guarding the candy bowl at work. Gotta get some props for him for all the different holidays.

bkPlU4AXWmwpBLQsJ2Zac2oWs9RYaW_5nC85V42SkXVitIO4UJNtCqHfzrRvdqoXUjyMV1WFlqZdKz4phOJnS_6k473hUjAVsrqaHQMIObd3ERBxiI320ZTIwG6PoK_DpX3obB0_dRt9XMsJEkZ0uIFkAbQAwfhfH8D9kh2AkstBzMkgjVw25vcUtW3efXxPNeKIBIRkjRqFCe29vt5KmS30vzZk_dCkdMGuEUa4BxGAa-jWB6UakfNncTURD6pR8Nj22rnOu5Xh-ryhw37fvs17TU8iTkK5R3JnpxurwPUHHBdD1NExiTNVio7YTnYO7P6TYuu6xwI9DDBvzXyQ5FrvXsRUBkQxyDtMAexEedCV-JwVJfOKTN1wpA8EBpCHPvzg0-jp1R-667JP0BbiEENW_ZJjruyWcEz3y5Kbp3MoMpor_19U7JsTuli77e7lCy4Dnk9AIaHtjZ5LlrFhVpVj_sefz_ctXkPIfYHghcDr9AWH2yF2gR8utfk98B-J7FhHCHkmWhjDzgEO5KtxHNVBpQ1stJfjARA448rX21BOHAflxOntg-SvzMVcKI1gdLASfw1KrZcHKlX4Muv9cnVc7qQC9oBhCukVXRKpyn1_LLVMU-jQj4fB86LSIg8emSZ0fNoAVN4UvBVrv19AndT6b23iuz4tMXDa=w708-h944-no

Seriously, these Gremlins are the best thing I’ve bought myself all year.

I finally made some ghetto stands.

a850bf8b6ae85bbfb65ccc1dc99c9e71.jpg

And got my Flasher Gremlin finished.

1fde57f70cf3e835065941f13e2c5451.jpg

017480b7d26040121b7ea22dc964276e.jpg

Back