Prop Trick or Treat Studios Stripe and Evil Gremlin Puppet Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took some stills from a video clip I found, just to gauge shape and position:

Yl72DXP.jpg

0EdKPMx.jpg

tRJjat0.jpg

x7T2wgA.jpg

Never noticed that the back went into a long DA before. Not seen many replicas or toys with that.

I bought an evil gremlin it hasn’t arrived yet but I also went ahead and bought this prop food and drink from eBay even came with the glasses!D6A96EAF-5DC2-47AA-BBBD-73A338B94157.jpg

I actually had a bit of an accident with the hair on mine actually. It was floppy and wouldn't stick up, so I trimmed it. That's why it looked odd in the early pics. It was also punched in more on one side than the other. What I did was to even it up and add some body to the top and more to the front. This will vary from puppet to puppet, you may have a better one than I did.

I bought an evil gremlin it hasn’t arrived yet but I also went ahead and bought this prop food and drink from eBay even came with the glasses!

The cola and the popcorn are good, but the glasses are off. The best you can do is cut the bottoms of the frames off so they're the same as the arms. I searched all over but just could not find any 3D glasses that look identical to what they used:

bbc97aacb4bdc76dbed5dfe89c86cec7.jpeg

89069E57-0007-4A35-AD19-7C964567C02A.jpg

He’s awesome! Going to try losing him different ways to hold the popcorn and coke

I'm afraid that is not going to work. He does have wires in his arms, but, they don't bend enough. He has no posability in his fingers at all. TOTS really designed these as simple hand puppets and not fully articulated ones.

AF39E857-441C-46F8-8209-AF48F8060C1C.jpg

He’s got some in his wrists it’ll work good enough! He’s awesome I love it

Has anybody made good experiences with sealing a Gremlin?
I`m thinking about using Brillux 262 sealer as it's a waterbased PU-acrylic sealer (and it's available in Germany), but I'm hesitating because it's not cheap and I don't want to mess up this absolutely cool piece of my collection...

Chris Walas and I messaged on FB about this and he thought that water based polyurethane would work, if that's what the stuff you mention is then it should be ok. The water based polyurethane can be found on eBay. What with one thing and another I never got round to sealing my two, but they are still holding up really well at the moment and there are no signs of deterioration yet. Just like with the real thing, if you keep them out of direct sunlight they should be ok. Definitely seal them when you get chance to.

I couldnt find a thread about the flasher version so ill post here.
What can i say? For what is a kind of "budget" prop, its pretty cool. Certainly think i will add a few others to the collection. Heres a couple of pics and a video i made...

20201025_102828.jpg
20201025_102808.jpg
20201022_180858.jpg

Back