Prop Trick or Treat Studios Stripe and Evil Gremlin Puppet Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
42276753_10156672725707389_1217886625875361792_n.jpg

Hello! I'm new to this forum, but I have been a huge Gremlins fan and I need to get me one of these Gremlin puppets from Trick or Treat Studios!
When I was 15 I had a lot of fun customizing my Stripe toy (which I still have).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141849416@N05/44153472205/in/dateposted-public/

Question for you all: which do you prefer; the Stripe puppet or the standard evil Gremlin?
I know Stripe's hair is a mess, but I've noticed from your pictures that his expression is a little different than the other puppet. Any other differences? Is his body the same size and shape? Thanks for the feedback!

I know Stripe's hair is a mess, but I've noticed from your pictures that his expression is a little different than the other puppet. Any other differences? Is his body the same size and shape? Thanks for the feedback!

The differences are the smiles, the eyes and the paint of the chest. Stripe has a less pronounced smile and the lower eyelids are visible. The two puppets have the white streaks of the chest slightly different.

Thanks for the info! I decided to order Stripe and I'll either try to give him an upgraded hairdo, or just remove all the hair and convert him to a standard evil gremlin.

Super late to the party I know, but, I'm definitely going to get one of these at some point. I have seen a video where a guy used a guitar stand for one and it looked to work well. I think I know a local store where I can pick one up, the stand that is, not the Gremlin, gee, I wish! I think eBay will be my port of call for him as I can get one through their global shipping which, as I'm in the UK, takes care of all the costs in one hit. I think he'd end up setting me back somewhere in the region of £230, with all charges covered. Sounds a lot, but I'd get him without any damn hold ups. Got sick of having to go to my parcel office in Norwich to pick stuff up that should just have been delivered.

Ordered one yesterday, I found a UK retailer that had them, it was my birthday, so I treated myself! Should be here tomorrow. Also got a guitar stand to prop him on and some spray which I hope will seal him (More on that when I get it.). Earlier, I found some screen accurate 3D glasses! Yay! Those pesky popcorn bags could be an ask though. Anyway, I'll do a full post when everything arrives.

Mine arrived earlier!

I'm really impressed. Overall it looks really nice. The arms appear to have more foam inside them and I didn't feel any wires, still, I wasn't planning on doing anything wild with them anyway. The paint on the eyes is a little off, but, I'll hide them with the aforementioned 3D glasses anyway. The back leg on my guitar stand was way too short, but I was able to improvise an extension using the lower support, so I can get him to stand really well now.

While I was still researching him, I did notice that some of you had asked about what you could protect the latex with. Just so happened that I recently joined a group on FB called Ape Suit Cinema. It's run by none other than Chris Walas, the creator of the Gremlins! So, I dropped him a line and asked him what he used.

He used this:

https://www.amazon.com/GARDNER-GIBSON-29-Clear-Leak-Stopper/dp/B000W67GQ8

He recommends thinning it so you get an even coat. Sadly nobody in the UK stocks it, and to import it through Amazon would cost me nearly £70! I ordered this instead:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Good-Ide...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I haven't received it yet, but, I'll test it when I do. Testing it will be all I do as I don't really have room to spray or display him right now. After I shoot some more pics I'll box him back up ready for when I move.

Anyway, here's some pics:

vlS3VjO.jpg

AW5JAfy.jpg

PPAc5x8.jpg

zIb3wN8.jpg

Improvised back leg using lower guitar rest.

fzanB42.jpg

VRCdaqZ.jpg

UyowEBH.jpg

7GDa4ve.jpg

2wg7wyj.jpg

I love him, will try and get Stripe when I move. NECA next though!

I got the sealant that I ordered from eBay earlier, the sprayable stuff. I wouldn't recommend it. It shoots out of the can like Spidey's webbing, tough to control and it seems to have left a tacky coat on the bottom of the foot where I did test it. If you can't find the Gardner Gibson stuff (You can thin it with water.) I will scout around for alternatives that you can buy in the UK. I'm just glad I didn't hit the whole Gremlin with it, that would have been a real disaster!

Last edited:
Had another chat with Chris as I'd done a bit more research. If you just plan on displaying him then water based polyurethane will work well. I can get that in the UK, wahey!

Had a bit of a futz with the ears, and was able to get them to prick up like the promo ones did. I took hold of both ears and pulled them upwards and inwards. The head took on a new shape and the ears pricked up just the way I needed.

Ear Tweak 0001.JPG

You need to get the head to do this:

Ear Tweak 0003.JPG

So far it has stayed in that position. Just don't be too rough, you don't want to tear the latex. Hoping to get the 3D glasses tomorrow. Bought them on Mon and they've only just got round to posting them!

Last edited:
Got Stripe earlier,

Was a little alarmed when I saw he was only packed in a grey plastic bag, but, he turned out to be fine. His body lacked a bit of stuffing in the torso, which made his arms a little floppy. I stuffed some paper packaging inside and it padded him out enough so the arms are better. Again I got a guitar stand for him. Futzed his hair with some matt styling wax and it looks ok. Too dark right now to shoot any decent pics. See what I can do tomorrow. On the whole though, I couldn't be happier with him.

I got stripe in at christmas, i'm very happy with him too.
Would love to see some pics of you're one and with them both together.

I may have to pick the the other up as well.

Just been futzing his hair some more, some of it wasn't quite glued at the front properly, but I've fixed that now. Depends on the weather as to what I can shoot and when. My camera works best in daylight.

Assuming you're in Essex UK, you can still get the regular Gremlin from here:

https://www.madabouthorror.co.uk/product/gremlins-evil-gremlin-puppet-figure/

I got mine from there, great service.

Just been futzing his hair some more, some of it wasn't quite glued at the front properly, but I've fixed that now. Depends on the weather as to what I can shoot and when. My camera works best in daylight.

Assuming you're in Essex UK, you can still get the regular Gremlin from here:

https://www.madabouthorror.co.uk/product/gremlins-evil-gremlin-puppet-figure/

I got mine from there, great service.

I do feel they could ave done better with the hair as the way its been attached tends to make it want to split and part so I used some hair product and some spray and kinda overlapped the 2 sections to make it look as one ( if that makes sense lol )

Yes Iv used them many times, really good service and the go to for all horror.

Yeah, I've tweaked and futzed the hair as much as I dare to. If it'd had the amount the promo one had it wouldn't have been so bad. I plan on getting a cheap Santa wig off eBay and adding bits to it to fill it out more.

This is as he is right now:

ILkAyLO.jpg

UqRHUM8.jpg

BnAxFk3.jpg

vQBw9Po.jpg

The light is helping a bit there. Here's a pic of both of them:

hpBR71d.jpg

Defintitely needs more work. Shouldn't be too hard.... gulp!

They look great in that photo. I might mess about with mine over the weekend , gloss the eyes up some more and maybe the mouth.

TOTS did well on these.

It's best to seal the latex from head to toe to preserve it. If you just plan on having them standing there then water based polyurethane will do the job. I had a chat with Chris Walas and he reckoned it would be ok. You can buy it in litre bottles and it comes in matt, satin and gloss finishes. It's best to thin it so you get even coats. You should be able to paint on top of it with acrylics, so you could touch up any areas that need it. I believe the main colour on the Gremlin is olive drab and Stripe is a US dark green. Vallejo will do a match.

I ordered a Gandalf wig and beard for doing the stripe, best to have too much than not enough.

Yeah I may look into sealing them at some point.
Ha you know you will have to take some pics with the full wig and beard on for fun lol.

Be interesting to see how you tackle laying the hair and the outcome.

Back