Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know about the bleach being ineffective. I suspect the color remover wouldn't do much either. Although I don't like Myers in navy blue, I'll deal with it.

Worldbox at011 body without padding.

IMG_20201112_111852.jpg

IMG_20201112_111823.jpg

IMG_20201112_111533.jpg

Thanks. For those who use blue tac, is it basically an option for setting up your figure on the shelf and walking away or does it hold strong enough that you could pose the figure frequently?

My challenge is that I do photography with my figures and I'm trying to find an option where the head isn't popping off and needing to be reattached every time I pose it.

Last edited:
Thanks. For those who use blue tac, is it basically an option for setting up your figure on the shelf and walking away or does it hold strong enough that you could pose the figure frequently?

My challenge is that I do photography with my figures and I'm trying to find an option where the head isn't popping off and needing to be reattached every time I pose it.

Once you put blu tac in place it's pretty firm. I have no problems posing mine. I will be keeping it behind glass though.

IMG_20201112_124200.jpg

I'm gonna give a very honest review of this TOT figure. I managed to get this figure for cheaper than retail with reductions I had, so for less than $100 I figured it was OK, and told myself that if I was disappointed, I could wait 2-3 months and resell it. The prices can't get lower since it's so hard to get a proper 1/6 78 Myers figure.

Well, turns out the figure does disappoint me a lot. Hopefully, I had enough stuff to improve on it. I didn't plan on customizing it, maybe just the hands, but having the actual figure in hand, it's impossible not to completely customize it.

I watched Dean's videos and it must be said that he is a master of lighting. The thing is, he lit the figure so well that it's misleading on what you actually get. On his videos, the sculpt actually looks amazing. In reality, it sucks.
When I saw the figure in hand, especially the headsculpt, I was extremely disappointed. The headsculpt looks so bad. So cheap. The paintjob, the sculpt, everything looks wrong.
If you have a perfect lighting, like in Dean's videos, sure, it can do the trick, but if there's natural light in your room, you'll see all the flaws and it looks terrible.

The body is an absolute catastrophe. It's not even just the articulation which is an insult in 2020, but the actual color in person is completely wrong. It's very tanned, almost black skin. It also doesn't match the coveralls at all. The body doesn't fill the coveralls properly.
So hopefully, I had a Phicen body I was using on my previous Myers custom and made it work because the coveralls are very large, larger than I expected. It's almost perfect for the phicen body I'm using. So in that sense, it's cool because it gives you the option to put almost any body you want. The sleeves are too short for the phicen, or even the original body for that matter, so I may find another body in the future. Maybe it could tweak the sleeves a bit more, I don't know.

The coveralls are the highest point of the figure, most people will buy the figure just for the coveralls clearly. They are far better than I expected, the material is thin, so you can do almost what you want with the collar, and it's tailored properly. It didn't tear apart when I switched with the Phicen body, so it's clearly a good proper material. Very nice job.
That being said, it's not the right color for the 1978 movie. I hope they can correct this in the future and make another release with the proper color.
Also, it's not tailored as well as the Yunsil coveralls I've seen on customs, especially the pouches. It's OK, it actually looks very good in person, but it's not top notch and not high end. Hopefully, they do a better job next time.

The hands are a joke, but I knew it was coming, I had seen video reviews.
I also knew about the T-shirt not being an actual T-shirt but material taped onto the torso. This actually made things easier for me, putting a t-shirt on a phicen body is always very stressful. With the way it was attached, I had zero problem to put this on the phicen, took me 20 seconds.

The boots are alright, one of the best parts from the figure imo. Of course I would have preferred real boots with proper material, but for $120, it's expected and they actually did them right.

The knife looks alright, but the material they used is a joke. Given there is no accessory apart from that, I feel they could have done much better, even for $120.

Overall, I can't say I'm pleased with the figure. The headsculpt, the body, the hands and the knife are a complete failure. The coveralls are very good, but they're not the best I've seen, and again, not the right color.
I will say, officially, it's the best 78 Myers to date in 1/6 scale. But that was easy, the only competition was the Sideshow version from years ago which was an absolute horror. I do have to say though, the Sideshow version had a better knife and they actually gave you a standing base.
So yeah, the original price is $120, it's very cheap for a 1/6 scale figure, sure. The problem is, it doesn't look high end at all. It doesn't look as bad as 1/6 Sideshow figures from years ago, but it's not up to the 2020 standards.
Even unknown chinese companies who don't get licences do a far better job than this now.

It blows my mind that no company is able to rival the custom world regarding Myers. Even the upcoming Sideshow release looks wrong on many levels.
Is it that hard to make a proper 1/6 Myers? I don't get it. Some customizers are able to make amazing coveralls (WITH the RIGHT COLOR), and I mean, those coveralls can't be THAT complicated to make right? It's not like Dante's coat... It's just basic coveralls...

And customizers make almost perfect headsculpts on their own.
And they make knives made out of real metal. Sure, they charge you over $1000 for it, but it's because it's handmade and they only do a very very limited run. If they mass produced their art and took their time, I don't think we would see such a drop in quality, but the prices would surely drop by a lot. Maybe not $120 per figure, but even if it's $250-$300, it would be ok. Now I agree, paying $1000 or over $1000 for such a simple design is ridiculous.
I'm not asking for real boots, it's not worth it since you don't notice the boots with the coveralls on top.

But yeah, I just find the situation ridiculous. With the way things are going, I won't ever be able to get a proper Myers from 78 in 1/6 scale.

Anyway with all of that being said, here are pictures of my custom Myers using the coveralls & the boots from this TOT release, which are the only parts I can use on my Myers custom. I'm still not entirely convinced. It looks OK, but it's still not up to my standards. The headsculpt I'm using is a very old headsculpt I bought years ago for a bargain when nobody cared. It still blows the TOT HS out of the water which is completely unacceptable for me (I'm putting a photo with the TOT HS on his feet so you can notice how much this TOT HS looks bad with real natural light). I'm not even entirely satisfied with my old custom HS. Really thought I would finally get rid of it with this TOT HS seeing Dean's videos, but no. It will do the job but I hope there's a proper official release in the upcoming 10 years.

I hope my review can be helpful for the people who are on the fence. I can recommend this TOT figure for the coveralls and the boots, but that's as far as it goes. It's still $120 we're talking about, not $10.
Oh and I forgot, the box does look very nice. Probably the best part of this figure when I think of it.

myerscustom.jpg
myerscustom2.jpg

I agree, it's not good, it was OK years ago, but never sit quite right with me. But since I got it for a bargain... I thought this TOT HS would easily blow it out of the water, but absolutely not.
Here are more pictures for comparison, I let you all be the judges. The TOT HS really makes the figure looks like a clown, it's terrible. In person there's no question between the two, my old custom is still much better. Very disappointed overall.

myershead1.jpg
myershead2.jpg
myershead3.jpg
myerscustom3.jpg

Here's the real issue, the majority of images we have of Castle wearing the mask in '78 were under very specific lighting conditions, and I firmly believe even the best sculpts will look off when observed in different conditions because we aren't used to seeing the original that way.

Dean's video is a perfect example, when you light it similar to the movie, it looks amazing. That's not shadow hiding flaws, that's seeing the sculpt under the same conditions as the source and seeing how well it has replicated that source. If the sculpt weren't as good as it is, Dean's lighting wouldn't make it magically look as good as it does.

I have been doing Photography of figures for years, using some of the best and some of the weakest sculpts and strategic lighting can certainly make a bad one look less bad, but it's never going to make it look like a perfect sculpt and then when you throw it in room lighting it somehow magically looks like crap.

I also have actual Myers masks, ones that others on social media even have and on my shelf, it didn't look as spot on as some of the pictures I've seen but mine were under heavy lighting with minimal shadows to show off the forms of the face where the others had lighting rigged to show off the forms which brings out the likeness.

Unfortunately, unless you setup strategic lighting for your figure display, any Myers sculpt, particularly '78 sculpts, will look off on the shelf, no matter how good the sculpt work is.

I thought something looked weird about my ToTS when I first took mine out of the package, but I immediately put it under proper lighting conditions and then I was blown away.

Sure you have a point on the lighting. I get what you're saying and I agree to some extent.

But you do see Michael with his mask under natural light in the original movie (granted very briefly), and we have stills to show us how he looked, and it absolutely doesn't look like this TOT HS under real light.

I noticed one thing that's problematic with this TOT HS: there's not enough depth between his eyes and the mask, contrary to my older custom (which also looks terrific under proper lighting and better than this TOT HS, I just tried it, but looks extremely mediocre with real light). I think that's one of the main problems. You really have to push the lighting conditions in order to make his eyes completely dark and absolutely have it lit from above/behind. If it's lit from the sides, you'll notice his eyes.

I think the biggest problem is how those sculpts are done. They are sculpted in solid material. I think that in order to get the real deal, we need a "real" mask made out of silicon (maybe), put onto an actual sculpted face.

Also, I'll always prefer rooted hair (and the one I got absolutely suck on my old custom hahaha). Only way to be faithful to the original material.

How much were Castle's eyes seen in the 78 movie? I only really remember seeing them when he was briefly unmasked by Laurie.

Much more noticeable with Warlock in the sequel.

How much were Castle's eyes seen in the 78 movie? I only really remember seeing them when he was briefly unmasked by Laurie.

Much more noticeable with Warlock in the sequel.

That wasn?t Nick Castle. That was Tony Moran.

Only time Nick ever appears unmasked is when he steals the station wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only shots that show Castle's eyes through the mask are unaltered set photos that you can see in the photo book of Carpenter's early films, most of the time they're adjusted for marketing to darken out.

The reality is that you'll never complete replicate something like a worn mask or clothes at 1/6, in someone way, no piece will ever be spot on, it might be so good you have to look careful to see where it's off, but at the end of the day, you always have to expect it to somehow look like a figure of something, it may be a great figure, but it's still a figure and not the original character literally shrunk.

There'll always be some very small differences even of the best figures, for sure. But when I look at Harley Quinn (from SS, 1st version) from Hot Toys, it's dead on. I'm a bit cheating with this example as it's the best 1/6 figure I've seen to date, but the design and the face are way more ambitious than Michael Myers. I have a hard time understanding why it's so hard for an official company to offer us a proper 1/6 Myers figure from 1978.

This Myers just looks way off, to me anyway. I'm not seeing Michael with that HS, and again the color on the coveralls is off.

Well personally I think they did a great job on the sculpt. It just needs a repaint. Which I will be doing soon.

Time to swap bodies! The bruce banners hands are actually near perfect for veiny angry hands and the grip hand fits the custom knife perfectly
d68f509793fec1d975cd7b8a1d2932ce.jpg
ad00974e569d829f82f50eeebb5d2d19.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I got my TOTS 1/6 Michael Myers this morning and I think it looks great. I usually always repaint and customize things but out of the box I think it looks really good.

Attachments

• 20201114_144541-1.jpg
    20201114_144541-1.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 95
  • 20201114_144533-1.jpg
    20201114_144533-1.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 88
  • 20201114_144546-1.jpg
    20201114_144546-1.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 20201114_144555-1.jpg
    20201114_144555-1.jpg