Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dean's videos are pretty much the best around, always worth watching.

I'm not quite the champion for this figure that most seem to be, but even so, if you just walked away from it with the sculpt and outfit, you've still done well out of the deal. Definitely intrigued for the H40/2018 version now...

One extra bonus with the body swap is that the Soldier Story arms seem to be a bit shorter, so the sleeves of the coveralls are longer.

Watching Dean Knight's video reminded me to pull the sleeve up to cover the wrist joint on the knife hand.

50590011497_980e11c295_o.jpg

Trouble is, every photo with the flash picks out his eyes. I did read on Facebook somewhere that somebody put black cloth into the sockets to keep them permanently blacked out.

Lighting is your friend. Nick castle didn?t walk around with his eyes blacked out. His eyes were very visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lighting is your friend. Nick castle didn?t walk around with his eyes blacked out. His eyes were very visible.

It's just that he looks more menacing when you can't see the eyes, especially with the TOTs sculpt. I've never had much interest in photography and never set up a properly lit place to take pictures, so I usually have to use the flash. Hence the flash both kills the shape of the mask and picks out his eyes.

I've also never really been much into Myers. While I consider him to be one of the big three along with Jason and Freddy, he was always the least interesting. Consequently I've never studied the masks very closely, or followed the various 1/6 customs. So to hear Dean Knight in his latest video describe the TOTS sculpt as "perfect", and to actually replace his expensive custom with it, wasn't something I expected from a figure I only pre-ordered because it was a cheap way of adding a '78 Myers to my Jason and Freddy.

2018 version is sold out in TOTS! What the hell

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Don?t worry, More will be made. Also, on tots site, if something is sold out, doesn?t really mean it is.

I was shocked when Dean said he considers it the best 78 sculpt out there even ahead of all those expensive customs he has. Very high praise for TOTS!

I still think real hair would take it to another level but either way for little over 100 bucks it's an absolute steal.

Don?t worry, More will be made. Also, on tots site, if something is sold out, doesn?t really mean it is.

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw that. I wanted to check on release date again to see if it moved sooner and then saw the big Sold Out! BBTS still has Nov for the 2018 version, but I know they used that date from the beginning and hadn't updated. I hope it gets released before xmas. As the 78 and H40 be the main ones I want, I'm kind of starting to feel that I'm gonna want/need the others... I know I shouldn't, but I think I have to..

Yeah, I was shocked when I saw that. I wanted to check on release date again to see if it moved sooner and then saw the big Sold Out! BBTS still has Nov for the 2018 version, but I know they used that date from the beginning and hadn't updated. I hope it gets released before xmas. As the 78 and H40 be the main ones I want, I'm kind of starting to feel that I'm gonna want/need the others... I know I shouldn't, but I think I have to..

The big hit me as well when I initially got the 78. I have to start saving for a house soon, so I?ll be dropping out of collecting after I acquire the ss Myers. Unless the warlock figure is awesome.

2018 not til Jan

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2018 not til Jan

I could have sworn that the Samhain was supposed to release at a later date too, but I've seen those floating around early. So, I could only hope.. I already have a space for H40 all cleared out.

I could have sworn that the Samhain was supposed to release at a later date too, but I've seen those floating around early. So, I could only hope.. I already have a space for H40 all cleared out.

Yeah same here but then again nightmaretoys says 12 31 2020

With ToTS I don’t hold much to release dates, when it’s out it’s out. The clean ‘78 was originally August or September, and came late October.

They updated to that when the other 4 went up for order, but I’m quite certain it was like early September back in March for their direct orders because I remember when September hit I got excited the hopefully it would still ship on time and that perhaps only more recent orders would be pushed to later.

Which also raises something I read back when the orders for the other 4 went up. I had made a post about how the ToTS website, Twitter and Instagram all had different arrival estimates for the new figures, and someone said it was because the early orders would arrive at the earlier times and that the later orders would come at the later arrival dates, but I feel like with how the ‘78 went, it’s like they’ll all arrive at at least the current expected dates and not any sooner, except maybe the Samhain which is the same base figure and box with a sticker on the box and some blood spatter on the figure.

The coveralls don't take bleach

Are you stating this because you've tried it? If so, do you have a picture of the results? I've never used bleach to remove color. Rits color remover has worked just fine. Synthetic materials can be a problem when trying to remove color. The only other issue is the stitching. It usually does not remove the color and can affect the re-dyeing in that the stitching is darker.

No color was removed using bleach.

Anyone put the little hole on his right elbow? Was thinking bout it, but not sure if it'll interfere with the integrity of the suit

I'm getting that done by a friend. Ill let you know how it goes.

Back