Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I'd give it a b minus as a stock release. The sculpt is the real selling point here, even if the paint is merely passable. The outfit is solid as long as you are okay with the colour. The knife, hands and oversized clown shoes (boots) are terrible in my opinion, and the body mediocre at best, and poorly chosen given its inability to do certain key poses. It is also nowhere near as good value here, so I don't personally give it bonus points for the price that some may.

There is a reason why folk are, at the very least, commonly replacing the hands and knife. Absolute bare minimum, that is definitely needed, in my opinion, but I've been getting rather picky about such things of late. Personally I'll probably switch out the body as well, but you can get away with futzing it a bit, as long as you can live without certain poses.

It all depends what you want, and how much you are willing to do to achieve that. It's a very solid release, but other than the sculpt I wasn't wowed by any of it. That said, it is still a quantum leap better than most previous official 1/6 Halloween pieces, such as the old Sideshow, and many of the customs too, to be honest.

Very nice. Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Where did you buy yours?

I ordered direct form ToTS back in March.

Here is my Michael on a shelf with other 1/6 figures. Only the right hand and knife are replaced, that’s the ToTS body and stock head paint. Had to use an old Star Wars stand for now.

Again, without getting into the fine details of the figure, he can look high ends out of the box enough to be on display with other 1/6 pieces.

F5383CD1-EC0D-4339-94DA-2DA1339A5BEE.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I might just end up picking up the coveralls to replace the ones on my custom.

Asta, thank you very much that's the body I was thinking of but for the life of me I could not remember what it was called. I used one on a SS Abe Sapien. It worked out great. I remember it was a paratrooper figure.

This is the Soldier Story body I was going to try:

50582677436_7dda385aed_o.jpg

It was from the SS078 1930s Chinese Nationalist Colour Sergeant, which I swapped for a shorter body because he looked too tall.

I've also read comments about bulking up the Myers figure by using the padded under suit from Hot Toys' first issue ROTJ Luke. I have one of those as well, so may also give it a try:

50582677411_922385e20f_o.jpg

My figure from Mad About Horror is finally out for delivery today. I think they were just overwhelmed by Halloween orders.

Breaking the TOTS figure down to put him onto the Soldier Story... I can't believe TOTS actually used an African body for Myers!

Maybe they got a load of cheap black TTM19 clones and figured you'd never really notice the difference?

50582429768_5514d202e9_o.jpg

The flash makes it appear lighter, but in hand it's definitely what's usually referred to in the hobby as 'African American'. This is actually a bonus as I've had a spare black Kaustic Plastik head for a few years which I never bothered to pick up a body for.

The rubber section of the neck is the same as that on the Soldier Story body, but the TOTS has a much longer neck joint which sets the head higher up. So I've stuffed the socket inside the Myers sculpt with white tack, and packed the Soldier Story body's neck with white tack to add extra stability.

The mask looks pretty good. The painting on mine doesn't have any of the dark smudges that some have complained about, but he does have that strabismus of the left eye. Was that by design?

The clown boots are hilarious, but will obviously be covered by the coveralls. All the paintwork above the ankle was a complete waste, unless somebody was going to use them to make a combat ready Ronald McDonald. :lol

Is it possible to easily remove the long neck peg from the tots body and transfer that over to the replacement body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible to easily remove the long neck peg from the tots body and transfer that over to the replacement body?

I think the peg will be incompatible with most bodies since it's so large at both ends. However, it may be possible to transfer the peg complete with the inner joint holder to another body. The inner joint actually came out when I pulled the head off, but it looked a bit too large for the rubber neck of the Soldier Story body so I didn't bother trying.

The TOTS body resembles the same kind of cheap TTM19 copy that's been on Ebay for years (albeit the African American version), so the inner neck joint is no doubt compatible with a lot of other bodies.

The white tack method proved just as good, and enables you to set the head at whatever height looks correct. Though I think I should pull some of the white tack out of the sculpt to get it to sit lower.

So, this is on the Soldier Story body, with Soldier Story hands plus the Hot Toys ROTJ Luke 1.0 body suit:

50582571703_b500f8aec7_o.jpg

50583430607_f8430188d2_o.jpg

50583333866_9887b01a3a_o.jpg

To gain a bit of extra height to accommodate the length of the coveralls I left the boots detached from the legs and plugged the boots with white tack.

Okay, so the only mod's I did are as follows:

Added an upper body padded tank-top shirt (can't remember make/model, likely Hot toys), swapped out the tee shirt, the boots, both hands and the knife. I also swapped out my Haired Madbug sculpt painted by Tom Terbanc. The stock sculpt has some potential though, but it would look better repainted and with real hair.

I would like to bleach and re-dye the suit the accurate color but haven't gotten around to it just yet. The material is very thin and likely a cotton/poly blend so I'm hesitant to screw around with it right now. I think the coveralls came out quite nice at the actual production level. Once water-treated they hang better as well.

The coveralls don't take bleach

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Okay, so the only mod's I did are as follows:

Added an upper body padded tank-top shirt (can't remember make/model, likely Hot toys), swapped out the tee shirt, the boots, both hands and the knife. I also swapped out my Haired Madbug sculpt painted by Tom Terbanc. The stock sculpt has some potential though, but it would look better repainted and with real hair.

I would like to bleach and re-dye the suit the accurate color but haven't gotten around to it just yet. The material is very thin and likely a cotton/poly blend so I'm hesitant to screw around with it right now. I think the coveralls came out quite nice at the actual production level. Once water-treated they hang better as well.

The 'only' mods you did? The only things you've kept are the body and coveralls... :lol

That was a great watch, particularly with all the custom work he's put in and to hear his comments on this piece, very insightful.

That was a great watch, particularly with all the custom work he's put in and to hear his comments on this piece, very insightful.

Didn't sound like he was going to do anything to the figure apart from paint the finger nails, and considering he's paid a fortune for customs that's quite a tribute to the TOTS.

I'm pleased with mine after the body swap and with the padded under suit. He looks a lot more impressive in person than in the photos I posted, since the flash killed the shape of the mask, and made his eyes too noticeable.

TOTS' African body also worked well with my old Sideshow Lando, so it was a win-win situation. :lol

I wonder if they went with the skin tone because you pretty much only see his neck, and maybe the idea is to help "shadow" the skin tone from the mask so depending on your display lighting, it creates an effect lighting doesn't.

Other than the elbows, I'm ok with the body on mine.

I wonder if they went with the skin tone because you pretty much only see his neck, and maybe the idea is to help "shadow" the skin tone from the mask so depending on your display lighting, it creates an effect lighting doesn't.

Other than the elbows, I'm ok with the body on mine.

They might've done. I suspected they just picked up a job lot cheap considering only a little bit of the neck would show, but with future releases we should find out whether it was a planned idea.

As a body it isn't bad, and the joints are strong. I think I've bought the exact same one in Caucasian before. My Lando had been on a Kaustic Plastik body which was too dark a brown, whereas TOTS' was a lot closer to the sculpt paintwork.

Having seen the quality of the '78 Myers I'm even more tempted now by the 2018.

My excitement for the 2018 has definitely elevated getting this in hand, and I'm even more interested in seeing how the line expands, hopefully beyond the firs 5 figures show.

If the portrait is unique enough and the accessories enough, I might actually be tempted to get a 1981 Myers, and I really want to see what they do for a head on an H20 Myers, whether they'd be super faithful and have the eyes showing as much as they did or make it more like the eyes are hidden but keep the mask shape faithful to what's seen on screen. I like the Stan Winston mask from H20, just not how the stuntman showed through the eyes so much.

Back