Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, it kills me when people gush over everything when clearly there are issues. I know these companies won’t send me anything because I’ll say whatever is on my mind. My last “free” item was a Sideshow Batman but his legs were so loose he wouldn’t stand without the stand and I asked Sideshow if was a bad body or fluke or if they wanted me to send it back to switch it out before I did the review. They sent me a return address label and I sent it back and I never heard back from them again about ever doing a review again. Anyway I’m sure Trick or Treat won’t like this one either but I only had issues with a couple things and thought a few more things should or could have been added.

Good, fair review. TOTS would have a difficult time arguing differently. Totally agree on the phone, hands and glasses: all great. The coveralls are really nice, and worth the total price alone when you factor in the current cost of Yunsil custom coveralls at $450, but the TOTS are not perfect. Color is a bit light (although they photograph beautifully, so it depends on lighting) and the buttons aren’t accurate, but that is fixable. Personally really liked the Sideshow coveralls material but not color, their material really look more like a reduced version of the real thing and TOTS have a more obvious toy look. But I’m being fairly picky. T-shirt is tiny and impossible to stretch the neck, so on a figure they are not accurate. Totally agree that the Bob sheet is a massive fail. Glued face, giant round eye holes and wire totally render it unusable. Love the pumpkin sculpt, but have to disagree on scale: it is too small. Alex Ray’s original custom pumpkin was scaled correctly so it’s puzzling that this one was reduced in size. It is still a realistic pumpkin size though, so I understand why it’s not a huge deal for many people. I believe you were way too forgiving on the tombstone however. A repaint won’t save this because the floral accent and letter form carving is wildly inaccurate. Some of the letters are missing serifs, some are thinner or wider than others and since these mistakes are in the carving itself, painting it better will only emphasize the errors. A bloody knife would have been nice, but personally I’m using custom metal knives so I probably wouldn’t have used it anyway.

⚠️⚠️WARNING FELLOW FREAKS ⚠️⚠️

Do not stretch out the neck on the t-shirt. I was stretching it
20220128_143926.jpg
20220128_143909.jpg
out just a little bit to actually fit on the body and this is what happened 😡😡😡😱😱🤬🤬

It's one thing not to like the set and that's fine. But maybe the reviewers just have a different opinion than you. The reviews I've seen have all pointed out the sheet issue. Customers lying to themselves? Other than the Bob sheet screw up and the tombstone I am happy with the rest of the set and not lying to myself. No need to call customers and reviewers "The real problem".
Let's not be naïve here. I won't name the reviewers I have in mind as I don't want to incite people insulting them. But some reviewers are friends with either Tinela, Caine, DoggieDoc or all of them, and they aren't being honest on the product. And I don't have any problem with them being friends with those artists as they're all great artists and likeable people. The problem lies with the review itself. It's impossible to be friend with the maker & doing a honest review at the same time, it's the same problem with video game reviews, or the covid situation with corruption everywhere in the medias.

Remember a certain review where a reviewer praised the TOTS 78 Myers and went as far to say as it was the best headsculpt ever made and said "This is going to be my perfect Myers from now on" only to swap back to the Madbug HS a few videos later?
I'm not blind.

Great objective review @Jase25 thank you!

Let's not be naïve here. I won't name the reviewers I have in mind as I don't want to incite people insulting them. But some reviewers are friends with either Tinela, Caine, DoggieDoc or all of them, and they aren't being honest on the product. And I don't have any problem with them being friends with those artists as they're all great artists and likeable people. The problem lies with the review itself. It's impossible to be friend with the maker & doing a honest review at the same time, it's the same problem with video game reviews, or the covid situation with corruption everywhere in the medias.

Remember a certain review where a reviewer praised the TOTS 78 Myers and went as far to say as it was the best headsculpt ever made and said "This is going to be my perfect Myers from now on" only to swap back to the Madbug HS a few videos later?
I'm not blind.

That same reviewer thinks the neca h2 sculpt is accurate to the movie.

I'm not blind.

watch my review for an honest fbomb review :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm not blind.

Oh you mean the review he did on the 78 figure. I thought you meant reviews on the accessory set which I don't think he has done yet. Jase25 and Mr. EcKo's reviews are very fair and pretty much have the same issues I have with the set. If that certain reviewer doesn't point out the glue blob Bob sheet then yah that would be sketchy.

im afraid they might get an earful like asmus did from the ash thread lol
WHY IS THERE A WIRE INSIDE THE SHEET? WHY SO MUCH GLUE?! WHY IS THE COVERALLS GREY AND NOT DARK GREEN LIKE ADVERTISED??
Does that mean we can call the whiners titty babies? LOL. Had a read of that thread. Oh man.

I'm not blind.

If any of the reviewers get free samples to review, and I don’t know which ones do, they definitely have to edit themselves if they want the free stuff to keep coming. The talented folks TOTS has brought in to help with their figures is what has given me hope for TOTS, and I don’t think most of the issues go back to those artists, but to production and quality control, which is TOTS responsibility. So I would hope a reviewer would understand they can be honest without it reflecting poorly on the artists themselves.

I will say, in response to the specific reviewer you called out, I noticed that switch as well. Honestly once I had Nickolas Berg paint and hair my TOTS head I don’t believe any other custom sculpt is better. Still wish it was fractionally larger, looks a little small on most bodies compared to reference photos of Castle, but otherwise it’s pretty damn good. Of course it took sending it to Denmark to be totally reworked for me to feel this way…

Wlep, the zipper has completely come off its tracks. I sent an email to their supoort asking for a replacement. If they dont comply or give me anything minus a replacement, Ill go ahead and do the claim on paypal.

The responded. They want me to close my PayPal dispute before they help me. They also said I would need to ship the accessories pack back. Are you kidding me? Just send me a replacement pair of coveralls.

The responded. They want me to close my PayPal dispute before they help me. They also said I would need to ship the accessories pack back. Are you kidding me? Just send me a replacement pair of coveralls.
That's not cool. They got back to me yesterday after I sent pictures of the Bob sheet. They acknowledged the problem and will send a replacement/update me with tracking info. Hopefully the new one will be improved. I don't have to send anything back.

Back