Trick Or Treat Studios: Halloween 1, 2, 4, 5 and 2018 Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know some people have issues with parts of the sets but that doesn't change my excitement for my first ever licensed product being finally released. I'm beyond excited that the TOTS '78 Halloween accessory pack is finally out and in collectors' hands.

I had the pleasure of designing the telephone and Bob's glasses, and producing prototypes of both for both factory production and paint masters.

These are the original prototypes.

One fun little note... since you never see the rotary dial in the film I had a little fun with the phone number... 555 area code of course so that no real number was accidentally used... but the other 4 digit portion of the number...1031... 10/31.. Halloween 🎃 .

Oh and for anyone wondering... this phone IS different than the custom runs I produced previously. I changed the overall design of the phone and its now wider, with a larger rotary dial, and the numbers are completely different in the center of the dial. The custom phones also have moving contact points which this version doesn't have. The custom phones also have a metal finger stop whereas the TOTS version is made of plastic.
FB_IMG_1642974355744.jpg
FB_IMG_1642974358414.jpg
FB_IMG_1642974360195.jpg
FB_IMG_1642974364647.jpg
FB_IMG_1642974362554.jpg

I know some people have issues with parts of the sets but that doesn't change my excitement for my first ever licensed product being finally released. I'm beyond excited that the TOTS '78 Halloween accessory pack is finally out and in collectors' hands.

I had the pleasure of designing the telephone and Bob's glasses, and producing prototypes of both for both factory production and paint masters.

These are the original prototypes.

One fun little note... since you never see the rotary dial in the film I had a little fun with the phone number... 555 area code of course so that no real number was accidentally used... but the other 4 digit portion of the number...1031... 10/31.. Halloween 🎃 .

Oh and for anyone wondering... this phone IS different than the custom runs I produced previously. I changed the overall design of the phone and its now wider, with a larger rotary dial, and the numbers are completely different in the center of the dial. The custom phones also have moving contact points which this version doesn't have. The custom phones also have a metal finger stop whereas the TOTS version is made of plastic.
View attachment 557961View attachment 557962View attachment 557963View attachment 557964View attachment 557965
Congrats on your licensed piece being out. I have you Terminator 2 launcher and really like it. Curious to see what else you have coming down the oike.

Congrats on your licensed piece being out. I have you Terminator 2 launcher and really like it. Curious to see what else you have coming down the oike.
Thanks! Hey one of my earliest projects!

I've done like 9 or 10 projects for TOTS but none of them are out yet and I cant talk about them right now anyway 😐. But I'm hoping a couple end up further along into production this year where you guys will be able to see then finally!

Paypal refunded my purchase in full for the accessory pack! Nice!

If you purchased through paypal, I suggest you open a claim and explain that parts of the product had arrived completely different from what was shown and described on the website.

Paypal refunded my purchase in full for the accessory pack! Nice!

If you purchased through paypal, I suggest you open a claim and explain that parts of the product had arrived completely different from what was shown and described on the website.
How do I do that?

I asked Cain if he heard anything about a replacement program and I called it a disaster. He said I was being harsh. Just by calling it a disaster. Lol. Oh man.

Last edited:
How do I do that?

I asked Cain if he heard anything about a replacement program and I called it a disaster. He said I was being harsh. Just by calling it a disaster. Lol. Oh man.

Go to the transaction details on PayPal's website then click "report a problem"

What Alsharad said. If you don't get any activity for a few days, then escalate it and make sure to include that you aren't getting a response from TOTS

im just so curious now if these companies actually look at their production pieces or not before they get sent out.. or if there's some quality control guy because they seriously need one.. or they're not doing their job properly

View attachment 557594
Being someone who works on prototypes for a company, QC is not always as B/W as it might be under normal conditions (meaning no pandemic). Allot of companies like to be hands on at the factory to make sure everything sent out as sample photos are in fact getting the right treatment from start to finish. It would surprise you what factories do believing they're following protocols that were never specified. Gluing the head to the sheet was probably something they thought was requested. As glue happy as I've seen factories get, I bet this was not a TOTS directive for the face. If any adhesive was requested, I would imagine it would be at the top of the head at the very best to hold the sheet in place. In my experience, this final product looks like something got lost in translation.

And depending on the factory volume, deadline to meet, and how the factory prioritized those factors, the company may not have seen a fully produced sample TOGETHER so much as individual pieces. This means they had to determine final product from photo perspectives, which doesn't always tell the whole story. Unfortunately the pandemic and country laws can keep a company from being there in person to review those pieces in hand and see a factory sample run completed, before they were shipped. With this kind of abbreviated communication, you will see more mishaps like this.

How do I do that?

That's not very surprising sadly. Caine has an on-going deal with TOTS, many upcoming projects, he isn't going to turn his back on the company and admit there's a big problem with the product. Unless artistic integrity was the only thing that mattered to him. But everyone needs money. I'm pretty sure Caine himself knows his pumpkin is way too small, his original was the right size...
As for DoggieDoc, thanks for the comparison pictures. The phone is the only acceptable item out of the lot, there's a downgrade compared to the original custom run, but at least it's the right size.
I'm not mad at those artists, it's great they can finally earn more money, they've done a lot for the 1/6 community in my eyes.

The real problem lies with reviewers that fail to be honest with the product (because they're friends with some artists) and customers lying to themselves.
I just hope some people at TOTS read this thread and up their games next time, otherwise I'm pretty much done with them. And of course they should refund anyone who's asking for a refund, as they lied on what the product was supposed to be like. It's unacceptable.

2022 hasn't been good so far. I never had to cancel anything I Pre ordered before but due to quality problems I had to cancel this set and Asmus' Ash. Hopefully we won't have many more problems this year!

Question about the pumpkin. Is it confirmed by Tommy Lee Wallace that the pumpkin Jamie Lee Curtice is holding was repurposed for the credits or fans doing CSI? I know he said they painted Squash as pumpkins weren't readily available, but I don't recall him confirming that. I put the pumpkin next to the Mezco 1/12 Freddy and it looks way to big for 1/12.

The real problem lies with reviewers that fail to be honest with the product (because they're friends with some artists) and customers lying to themselves.
I just hope some people at TOTS read this thread and up their games next time, otherwise I'm pretty much done with them. And of course they should refund anyone who's asking for a refund, as they lied on what the product was supposed to be like. It's unacceptable.
It's one thing not to like the set and that's fine. But maybe the reviewers just have a different opinion than you. The reviews I've seen have all pointed out the sheet issue. Customers lying to themselves? Other than the Bob sheet screw up and the tombstone I am happy with the rest of the set and not lying to myself. No need to call customers and reviewers "The real problem".

Last edited:
I agree, it kills me when people gush over everything when clearly there are issues. I know these companies won’t send me anything because I’ll say whatever is on my mind. My last “free” item was a Sideshow Batman but his legs were so loose he wouldn’t stand without the stand and I asked Sideshow if was a bad body or fluke or if they wanted me to send it back to switch it out before I did the review. They sent me a return address label and I sent it back and I never heard back from them again about ever doing a review again. Anyway I’m sure Trick or Treat won’t like this one either but I only had issues with a couple things and thought a few more things should or could have been added.

I agree, it kills me when people gush over everything when clearly there are issues. I know these companies won’t send me anything because I’ll say whatever is on my mind. My last “free” item was a Sideshow Batman but his legs were so loose he wouldn’t stand without the stand and I asked Sideshow if was a bad body or fluke or if they wanted me to send it back to switch it out before I did the review. They sent me a return address label and I sent it back and I never heard back from them again about ever doing a review again. Anyway I’m sure Trick or Treat won’t like this one either but I only had issues with a couple things and thought a few more things should or could have been added.

Good, clear, honest review. :)

The coveralls also show a green tinge too with your camera when you first show them, which is encouraging.

Being long in the leg is another good thing as I've been setting my figures at James Jude Courtney's height, regardless of the actor under the mask.

Back