Triad Toys Doing Zorro Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea that these Triad bodies were so... er... anatomically correct...

Not exactly correct. Unless your making a custom...this guy.

131648047629.gif

Just ordered one of these. I may mod his upper body a bit, but I had to have a Zorro. Earlier this week I scored the Blu of THE MASK OF ZORRO for $7.88 at my local WalMart, and couldn't get the Triad figure outta my head.

Actually I'm going to leave the headsculpt - I prefer a moustache-sporting Zorro.

What I would really like is a Hopkins Z-head.

Have you seem the Guy Williams custom Zorro on eBay? Looks pretty nice. He also sells the head sculpt unpainted beside the full figure.

Got him yesterday. Took A LOT of futzing, but he looks great. The spurs are a bear to put on, and I have average size hands. Someone with serious meathooks would have problems.

I'll post pix by Monday, if not sooner.

Have you seem the Guy Williams custom Zorro on eBay? Looks pretty nice. He also sells the head sculpt unpainted beside the full figure.

I'm pretty sure that head is a recast of the Scifimetropolis John Robinson sculpt. Good idea as I had planned to use that head for the same purpose. However, recasting it and promoting it as your own work = FAIL.

Got him yesterday. Took A LOT of futzing, but he looks great. The spurs are a bear to put on, and I have average size hands. Someone with serious meathooks would have problems.

I'll post pix by Monday, if not sooner.

Just putting his bandana alone was time consuming for me cuz it kept slipping off his forehead--I can't wait to see your photos!

I actually purchased one of these from them, but it takes a while to make so I have not gotten it yet.

There are things I like about both versions, so I may get the Triad one as well and then kitbash mine from the two.

Also scored a DID rearing horse for Zorro to be on. He's not black though. Anyone have thoughts on how to dye the hair?

I actually purchased one of these from them, but it takes a while to make so I have not gotten it yet.

There are things I like about both versions, so I may get the Triad one as well and then kitbash mine from the two.

Also scored a DID rearing horse for Zorro to be on. He's not black though. Anyone have thoughts on how to dye the hair?

Maybe Ritz dye in a spray bottle.

That might work. I'd definitely have to test whatever method I try on an inconspicuous part of the horse.

If anybody else has any bright ideas, feel free to suggest!

I think dye is the best solution as paint will make the fur stiff and matted. Maybe even hair dye would work.

Back