Triad Toys Doing Zorro Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAT?! Triad got its game on this figure, how 'bout that? :yess: Awesome, sucks for my budget, but awesome :D

I really like this figure. The sculpt is great. I wish more 1/6 figures had an expression like this. It's a nice simple smile. It isn't too big or too small. It really fits the character and is going to work well in posing.

So on Triad's site, it says that it is Out Stock. Does that mean it is actually sold out or just that they haven't gotten any figures in yet?

Oh and I just found out about how Triad Toys has those magnetic based stands, which I think is the coolest thing ever. Will Zorro have magnets in his boots to make use of one of these bases? I love the idea especially if it allows for really dynamic poses. I wish more companies would try to utilize something like that. It sounds very efficient and it's only fifteen dollars so it's not too bad on the wallet.

Hopefully, their Memorial sale will apply to all their stuff. If so, I might snag quite a few figures. I've never gotten a Triad Toys figure before, but their Zorro, Jin (Samurai Champloo), and Dead Cell Jade look really awesome.

WHAT?! Triad got its game on this figure, how 'bout that? :yess:

I know, right? :lol

I really like this figure. The sculpt is great. I wish more 1/6 figures had an expression like this. It's a nice simple smile. It isn't too big or too small. It really fits the character and is going to work well in posing.

So on Triad's site, it says that it is Out Stock. Does that mean it is actually sold out or just that they haven't gotten any figures in yet?

I think it just means it's not available yet.

Well, BBTS still says "Estimated to Arrive - 2nd Quarter 2011" and nothing yet. :monkey2

They posted on facebook the other day that they're finalizing changes on the EVO. I'd rather them fix that than have a Zorro with floppy legs. Otherwise we'd think figures that came with whips were destined to have floppy legs.

:monkey1

What a joke...
They should focus on selling the outfits and heads and forget the bodies... seriously... it's going to be SDCC again and still no Zorro figure?...
WTH??
I remember asking them when they would release the figure, they said Winter 2010 the latest...

Cool, well I'm glad you guys are so anxious to get your Zorro figure.

Cool, well I'm glad you guys are so anxious to get your Zorro figure.

I can't bring myself to be anxious or even enthusiastic about this figure. My first taste of Triad was waiting and waiting and waiting for Eva to come out. After 3 years of faffing around they bring out a figure that was about as far removed from a proto pic as you could get. IMO expect the worst and if you're lucky they'll deliver on those expectations :wink1:

That's too bad. It sounded like you were looking forward to it a few posts up.

I don't bother myself about the wait after a pre-order. The longer I get to keep money in my pocket the better. I only get anxious once shipping notices arrive and people start to post in-hand pics before I get mine.

I will be sure and post pics of my Zorro when I get him. :1-1:

I don't bother myself about the wait after a pre-order. The longer I get to keep money in my pocket the better. I only get anxious once shipping notices arrive and people start to post in-hand pics before I get mine.

Yeah, somehow I got to thinking it was just about to hit store shelves so I got a bit excited - then I realised it was just another meaningless release date that couldn't be used as a real indicator as to when we'll see it. Once we see some great in-hand pics I'll be champing at the bit to get it - but I am not counting my chickens :)

Well, I asked the guys from Triad about this during SDCC...
They just rambled about their EVO body and said things like "hopefully soon", "we're expecting to figure this out after SDCC", so no clear answer, who knows when it'll happen... :(

'hopefully soon' :lol

With all the other 1/6 goodness I'm having to try to budget for at the moment I couldn't care less about this figure anymore. I mean it'd be nice and all, but after Eva I'm not going to waste a second wondering if Triad will ever release this.

Unless you pre-ordered from Triad directly. They charge up front for pre-orders, no matter how long the figure takes to make production. I'll buy in-stock stuff from their website but will never pre-order from them.

They have at least two figures I can think of that have been in development for 2 or 3 years (Dejah Thoris and Kuroikage) I came across some website not too long ago that still had Kuroikage's release date listed as Spring 2009 but I don't remember which one.

Back