Triad Toy's Dexter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because people may have missed out on Kato's awesome tailoring or simply can't afford the price. You could pick up this with all it's bits and bobs, swap out the head for any of the great sculpts out there and still come out ahead cash wise.

If it's still going to turn out like that ^^ who cares?:dunno

Well! I would hope that's a pretty early prototype, otherwise you're exactly right. I think they've heard some of the feedback on this. I don't think the colors would be that incorrect either. As mentioned, it could prove a worthwhile purchase depending on what it comes with and what changes are made to it...oh and price.

Even on the proto tailoring looks like... well, not even worth $20.
The only stuff that gonna be interesting - gloves, boots and accessories.

Triad toys isn't the company that can make realistic 1/6 figures. Lol maybe that's why they have (had) this license tho.

What trips me out, is there weren't other pics of this piece floating around. I remember wanting to see some profile pics and stuff to compare it to how bad off Ada Chan's Dexter sculpt was.

I had no interest in this figure having never watched the show until I blew through every episode of Dexter on demand a couple of months ago, It's now my favorite show on television right now.
Triad's offering is really disappointing, but it's better then nothing. I hope the loooooong hiatus Triad has had with official pics and info means they're working to improve this and not that it's canceled.

Dexter really needs to be done in 1/6 if not by Triad then unofficially by a company like Art figures.

https://www.eonline.com/news/watch_with_kristin/dexter_renewed_showtime_resolves/275889

Since Michael C. Hall & SHOWTIME resolved the salary dispute, DEXTER is renewed for two more seasons. Hopefully, this will clear any remaining obstacle for Triad Toys to proceed with finalizing and producing their 1:6 DEXTER figure.

For the record, the prototype previously displayed & shown IS NOT THE FINAL PRODUCTION version. Not that would stop any of you from continuing to bash Triad Toys from the anonymity of the internet through this forum . . . but I digress.

:lol

In any case . . . hopefully Triad Toys will hurry up and get the figure properly done with an accurate & worth while head sculpt.

I have long given up on Triad. I now have my custom which will be far superior than anything Triad can muster up.

What Triad have is a long list of excuses but nothing to show for me. I mean new company ART figure is already on to their sixth figure so it's can't be that hard to actually produced such a simple figure as Dexter.

I mean new company ART figure is already on to their sixth figure so it's can't be that hard to actually produced such a simple figure as Dexter.

why not just add brothers production too? they've done tons of figures from fight club to every version of john mcclane too. but chances are triad's dexter and house are having problems from actors going "i look more handsome than that, not approved!" :rotfl

to be fair, triad has put out tons of figures, bases and 1/4 scale statues which are pretty nice and i hope we get an official dex soon. wonder if we'll see any of the other secondary characters also? a trinity or angel or matsuko would be awesome too!

I have long given up on Triad. I now have my custom which will be far superior than anything Triad can muster up.

What Triad have is a long list of excuses but nothing to show for me. I mean new company ART figure is already on to their sixth figure so it's can't be that hard to actually produced such a simple figure as Dexter.

Pretty much. :exactly: :exactly:

Dexter deserves the best.

- I has it.

1007305_o.gif

I had once found a website with some really detailed close-up pics of the figure, but I can't seem to find the site now. Anyways, yes the sculpt definitely was not a good likeness of Michael C. Hall. It seemed to be a detailed sculpt that was done nicely, it just doesn't look enough like the actor and that expression...ugghh.

https://www.triadtoys.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=15

Dexter_figure.jpg

20100215_f54773bbe356491f87daP8oSjS4GcuWD.jpg

dexter_triad_lg.jpg

20100215_67a1d8e84acf22da4258Z6kMnf04cw0b.jpg

P2150399.jpg

I'm guessing this is completely off the table now:
https://www.triadtoys.com/Licenses/Dexter.htm?osCsid=1e7cfa8d3797a6abe19a8fee129c8943

There definitely was alot of buzz created for the figure, too bad nothing came from all of it.

I had once found a website with some really detailed close-up pics of the figure, but I can't seem to find the site now. Anyways, yes the sculpt definitely was not a good likeness of Michael C. Hall. It seemed to be a detailed sculpt that was done nicely, it just doesn't look enough like the actor and that expression...ugghh.

https://www.triadtoys.com/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=15

Dexter_figure.jpg

20100215_f54773bbe356491f87daP8oSjS4GcuWD.jpg

dexter_triad_lg.jpg

20100215_67a1d8e84acf22da4258Z6kMnf04cw0b.jpg

P2150399.jpg

I'm guessing this is completely off the table now:
https://www.triadtoys.com/Licenses/Dexter.htm?osCsid=1e7cfa8d3797a6abe19a8fee129c8943

There definitely was alot of buzz created for the figure, too bad nothing came from all of it.
--

I just love it when some people continue to make assumptions/presumptions, but then again . . . given the atmosphere & mentality.

AFAIK . . . the license is still on . . . the prototype is just a prototype and not the final head sculpt . . . the head sculpt is being revised from what I've heard . . . the whole negotiation between Hall & SHOWTIME very likely had to do with probably delays on the licensing front. Until Triad Toys officially/publicly makes a formal announcement that the license is dead or any other news/updates . . . we can either spend our $ on custom DEXTER head sculpts ranging from worthwhile to inferior quality and scavenge the necessary accessories & outfits ourselves.

OH, WAIT . . . never mind. This makes too much sense and how dare I say post anything that makes sense?

:slap

:lol

There are other 1:6 figures to anxiously wait for other than DEXTER. IF & WHEN DEXTER is finally ready for production & release then we'll judge it based on it's final merit in the hands of collectors.

Back