Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Trevor's Firefly Sculpts

what are the heads made of btw?
and how many times must they be painted over to look good?

I usually spray mine with a white primer first, then do two base coats, then add accents like blush and shadow around the eyes. Then about three very thin coats of a neutral flesh tone.

I like the games workshop paints myself. I've had bad luck with the model masters, plus - at least to my memory, it's been a while - they have a very pungent smell which required me to have some good ventilation. I don't have that problem with GW.

Ok, I bought those metal dino minis off e-bay as suggested, but maybe it's just me, the ones I got look too small in his hands... bugger. Anyone know where else to look for mini dinos ?
JERMS !

Ok, I bought those metal dino minis off e-bay as suggested, but maybe it's just me, the ones I got look too small in his hands... bugger. Anyone know where else to look for mini dinos ?
JERMS !

Know what you mean. I bought 3 sets of plastic Dinos before I got a set that looked right, and they had to be repainted to match the ones used. You have to keep looking. They aren't to expensive, good luck.

Old Grandpa

Well yes. But promising one thing and ten delaying delaying delaying is another.

river1.jpg

river2.jpg

I am a new 1/6 collector and a huge fan of Firefly. After looking through the pages of this thread all I can say is wow. These look absolutely amazing. I can't wait to see more.

Since we are talking about painting on the last couple of pages, do any of the brands that have been mentioned need to be thinned for airbrush use or are they all good to go?

Back