Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having watched ROTF twice over the weekend I can confirm that Devastator has Constructicles. And they clank.

Which is completely ridiculous but it got a big laugh from the audience as did the other moments that will inevitably be causing the more retarded elements of the fandom to spontaneously combust due to their sad failure to comprehend anything beyond G1.

FYI: It doesn't take a "G1 fanboy" (or even a Transformers fan) to think that stuff like that and The Twins is retarded.

Strangely, the robots get a lot more screen time than the first film but the characterisation was zero compared to the other.
You Bay fanboys scream all you like, the film is a pile of wank PERIOD. This has got nothin to do with G1 comparisons, its just god awful. This script was so poor it made me cringe with some of the dialogue.
All the power to you though, if you liked it. Eughhh...Those Autobot twins make me pine for Jar Jar Binks

What magic??.. :dunno
:lol:lol

Okay, granted Transformers 1 was not as magical as say the first StarWars movies, or perhaps The Darknight. But it did have a touch of magic to it.

There where several scenes that had that magic touch actually. Like the arrival of the Autobots and when Sam meets Optiumus for the first time with that cool as Autobot intro music.

FYI: It doesn't take a "G1 fanboy" (or even a Transformers fan) to think that stuff like that and The Twins is retarded.

So having a couple of dumb,comic relief characters in a film that is mainly targeted to younger audiences is retarded is it?

Judging by the reactions to them from both young and old alike that I witnessed I don't think Skids or Mudflap are going to have a negative effect on the box office takings as they got some of the biggest laughs of the entire movie.

I found Skid's Mudflap to be quite refreshing. They worked really well. Isn't there silly humour in the cartoons? Yes. And it seemed to work pretty well IMO.

Was it just me but did Soundwave sound just like "the claw" from Inspector Gadget? Frank Welker did a good job on him. I would have liked the original G1 - but it's always good to have a fresh start!

Bri

Strangely, the robots get a lot more screen time than the first film but the characterisation was zero compared to the other.
You Bay fanboys scream all you like, the film is a pile of wank PERIOD. This has got nothin to do with G1 comparisons, its just god awful. This script was so poor it made me cringe with some of the dialogue.
All the power to you though, if you liked it. Eughhh...Those Autobot twins make me pine for Jar Jar Binks

Sounds to me like you're one of those who set out with the intention of hating it no matter what.

And I'm no Michael Bay fanboy,I never even watched the first movie until a few months ago and I didn't reckon much to it when I did.

I just don't get why people get so bent out of shape because of the fact that the new movies have basic plots,characters and cheesy dialogue.

Transformers has never been anything more than a big,dumb,action adventure designed to entice parents into buying the toys for their kids and on that score I think both movies hit the mark.

So having a couple of dumb,comic relief characters in a film that is mainly targeted to younger audiences is retarded is it?

Yes. Because you can have comic relief without insulting the audience with dumb characters and racial stereotypes.

Unless you're Michael Bay.

Yes. Because you can have comic relief without insulting the audience with dumb characters and racial stereotypes.

Unless you're Michael Bay.

Then why get so worked up over it?

He's been doing things that way for so long he's hardly gonna say "Hang on,maybe all those tools that hate my films that haven't a clue about making profitable movies that appeal to a wide audience are right after all"

If you want a "clever" movie don't watch anything by Michael Bay. It's that simple.

Sounds to me like you're one of those who set out with the intention of hating it no matter what.

And I'm no Michael Bay fanboy,I never even watched the first movie until a few months ago and I didn't reckon much to it when I did.

I just don't get why people get so bent out of shape because of the fact that the new movies have basic plots,characters and cheesy dialogue.

Transformers has never been anything more than a big,dumb,action adventure designed to entice parents into buying the toys for their kids and on that score I think both movies hit the mark.

Actually no. I had high hopes for it but it just disappointed on so many levels. My biggest gripe...Optimus kickin the asses of
Spoiler Spoiler:
but no 'You've got the touch' music to accompany it. CRIMINAL:lol
As a toy advert its a winner though

Then why get so worked up over it?

He's been doing things that way for so long he's hardly gonna say "Hang on,maybe all those tools that hate my films that haven't a clue about making profitable movies that appeal to a wide audience are right after all"

If you want a "clever" movie don't watch anything by Michael Bay. It's that simple.

Who's worked up? Not me. I just think it's dumb is all.

But there WILL be a ^^^^storm from some in the media about the Twins when this movie hits. It's inevitable.

Just one more day! (For me, at least)

royalbeef.jpg

Actually no. I had high hopes for it but it just disappointed on so many levels. My biggest gripe...Optimus kickin the asses of
Spoiler Spoiler:
but no 'You've got the touch' music to accompany it. CRIMINAL:lol
As a toy advert its a winner though

OK fair enough,I'm not really in favor of constant nods to other eras but I agree that the inclusion of "The Touch" would have been a nice one that could have worked in a couple of scenes.

From my part I went into the movie with few expectations and it was about what I thought it would be,no masterpiece but it allowed me to switch my mind off for a couple of hours and forget about the hassles of everyday life so on that level it was fine.

but it allowed me to switch my mind off for a couple of hours and forget about the hassles of everyday life so on that level it was fine.

QFT...Split with the girlfriend this week...very messy. I'd agree on that point bro

But there WILL be a ^^^^storm from some in the media about the Twins when this movie hits. It's inevitable.

In a world where anything and everything gets construed as being offensive to somebody it's pretty much a cert which IMO is as dumb as anything that Michael Bay has created.

Who's worked up? Not me. I just think it's dumb is all.

Believe me, the media has already seen this movie and would've raised a stink already if there was really something to it.

I think they just sound like dummies is all. I've seen it in movies before. I think if anyone should be upset, it's this guy......

alfred_e_neuman.jpg

Back