Traditional or Modernize the Joe line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traditional or modernize the Joe line?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just ran across a Lanard figure in my collection, that I think would be a fine "modern" update for Sideshow Beachhead, following the trend started with Firefly.

DSCN2066-1.jpg

Don't let the overly nostalgic whiners tell you otherwise, Sideshow, this is what Beachhead was always meant to be.

WTF is that?! A Castro district bike cop?! :lol

I love what sideshow is doing with these, makes them available to a broader range of people who werent particularily interested in ARAH.
Like me, im buying cuz they look sweet. and can remeber a name instead of needing to have the same outfit a character has always had to be able to "identify him"
welcome to 2009, things change.

I love what sideshow is doing with these, makes them available to a broader range of people who werent particularily interested in ARAH.
Like me, im buying cuz they look sweet. and can remeber a name instead of needing to have the same outfit a character has always had to be able to "identify him"

That's all fancy fruit and all, but if you want that then just have your own modern military line with fantasy elements. Let G.I. JOE: ARAH be G.I. JOE: ARAH. That is, afterall, what this line is supposed to be. Accept it or GTFO. That goes for Sideshow, too.

That's all fancy fruit and all, but if you want that then just have your own modern military line with fantasy elements. Let G.I. JOE: ARAH be G.I. JOE: ARAH. That is, afterall, what this line is supposed to be. Accept it or GTFO. That goes for Sideshow, too.

You need to realise its different interprtations, like they've been doing over the last 27 years :rolleyes:

But they still could have done that and, I don't know, at least given him a camo balaclava and/or a Cobra patch on his arm.

They've managed to keep things modern while staying true to the character so far. I still love this figure, but it does skirt the line and I hope they don't continue to push it too far.

Good old Lanard. Funny though, for a while there, Lanard figures were built out of better material that GI Joes were for a while.

so pass on this one and wait for the next :confused:
sideshow said they would do characters in different outfits

SSC said they'd be doing different versions for main characters that had more than one iconic outfit. FF only had one so unless they do a "concept art" variant as a convention exclusive down the road this figure will most likely be the only FF we'll see in this line.

Maybe the concept art they previewed will be for the PF instead. :lol :duh

SSC said they'd be doing different versions for main characters that had more than one iconic outfit. FF only had one so unless they do a "concept art" variant as a convention exclusive down the road this figure will most likely be the only FF we'll see in this line.

yeah but look at the cobra soldier variants, i think there is room for anything with this line. wait till you guys see what is coming :lol

Not funny at all Khev. :nono

yeah but look at the cobra soldier variants, i think there is room for anything with this line.

No, there isn't. If that's how they intend to treat it, then like the frauds who made the movie (as well as the frauds who are fans of it), they need to change the name they are putting on it.

I don't think this is how they see it, and thankfully they aren't taking their lead from opinions like yours or this line would already be dead.

Back