Toys Power CT003 V for Vendetta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koolkollectibleskhai

Super Freak
Reaction score
ADMIN: Just reposting as my original post seems to have been deleted or removed? Not sure if that's the case, but if there's an issue with this post, could you please message to inform me. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks to Toys Power​ for giving me the chance to review their CT003 V for Vendetta figure! Overall I'm pretty impressed, especially with the quality of the materials and tailoring of the outfit.

There are a couple of minor nits to pick, but the overall quality is definitely on par with Sideshow figures (if not slightly better in some areas).

Perhaps not quite up to the lofty Hot Toys standard just yet, but with Toys Power's price range per figure around the $160 mark, it's definitely great value for money!

If you're a fan of the movie, this Toys Power representation is definitely well worth a look to include in your collection. Hope you can check out my review :)

Thanks for reposting the review. I've been considering getting this figure, but more as a fan of the original Alan Moore comic than of the movie. I'm just not familiar with Toys Power's work to know what kind of bang-for-the-buck to expect for the figure's asking price.

For around $160, I'd say that's about right. Considering standard MMS figures from Hot Toys are now pushing $250, and even Sideshow figures getting up around $220+, a figure like this V for about $160 is pretty good value for money. That's especially so if you're a fan of the movie and have only had the previous DC Direct figure to go by. This is a pretty good improvement over that.

I'll be having a look at the Toys Power Yue Fei 2-figure set soon, and I think that's even a step up on this V, especially with the material and tailoring of the costumes. I think that's where they are pretty much on par with at least Sideshow, if not quite at Hot Toys' quality etc. If they improve on the body a bit, it would be awesome.

Nice review! I may pick this up after all. I wasn't sure about the overall quality of a Toys Power figure but it looks fine to me, especially for the price.

Yea I keep watching the figure offerings but haven't pulled the trigger. The hat is awful. Will prolly get one if I can find a better hat.

Yea I keep watching the figure offerings but haven't pulled the trigger. The hat is awful. Will prolly get one if I can find a better hat.

Yeah, the top part that is only glued on is a little disappointing. But on display, the seam isn't too noticeable since it's all black. Would've been nice if they had done it like the DX08 Joker hat though.

Nice review! I may pick this up after all. I wasn't sure about the overall quality of a Toys Power figure but it looks fine to me, especially for the price.

Yeah, you can never really what sort of quality you're going to get with these small new companies. But I was pretty impressed overall, especially with the outfit.

I customized the hell out of the DC version released years back and now it's an incredible figure. But this new version seems to have come out nicely! I'd buy this if I didn't have my custom.

Good review. :clap

Might scoop this up since I missed the DC fig, but that hat..........:monkey4

Good review. :clap

Might scoop this up since I missed the DC fig, but that hat..........:monkey4

Thanks for checking it out. Yeah, the hat is probably the main issue. But on display I don't find it too noticeable unless I'm up really close, so not a huge deal.

In fact, on display I find the biggest issue is the hard plastic boots that dont really allow the feet to be flat on the surface.

Thanks for checking it out. Yeah, the hat is probably the main issue. But on display I don't find it too noticeable unless I'm up really close, so not a huge deal.

In fact, on display I find the biggest issue is the hard plastic boots that dont really allow the feet to be flat on the surface.

Really? That sounds annoying.

How do you have this displayed? I'm wondering if the glue from the hat would be really obvious under LED lighting from above.

Under my pretty harsh LED lighting, the seam in the hat isn't very noticeable from most angles.

But if you look at it from directly on top you might catch a glimpse of it. This pic is a little washed out so the seam is more obvious. But as I said above, the main thing for me are the boots - see how they arent sitting flat on the base but are angled out. That annoys be more than the hat lol!!!

Thanks for posting the vid and pics, mate.

I do want a 1/6 V, but this is a pretty mixed effort at best. For every good thing Toys Power does, there's a bad thing. A very bad thing. Christ, that hat...and those boots. :slap

I picked this up recently and totally agree on the boots. They're made of really hard shiny plastic - as are the gloves - that kills the articulation as well as realism. However, the outfit, mask and rooted hair are all really great ('cept the hat)...and gloves/boots can be bashed/painted pretty easily so I'm happy. Plus I had an extra knife floating around in the box. Bonus alright! This comic was huge for me back in the day so I'm stoked to have a V.

Now just need to find the kit for this:

apron03.jpg

Also @koolkollectibleskhai, there have been a couple of threads for this figure that have been deleted. Pretty sure the licensing isn't all that legit. Which is appropriate in V's case.

Also @koolkollectibleskhai, there have been a couple of threads for this figure that have been deleted. Pretty sure the licensing isn't all that legit. Which is appropriate in V's case.

Is that right! Wow I might have to go back and ask the toys power guy about that then!

Where's the best place to buy this?

See the link in the description of my video. It goes directly to the Toys Power website that has online ordering. I'm still waiting to hear back from them regarding official licensing. I thought the box had all the required license information, but will check that later tonight too......

Great review, Kool. I got the figure just a little while ago and thought I'd share my opinion on him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back