Toys Era The Variant(Sabertooth) Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it's the same company doing the magtant. I'm not too crazy about the head sculpt on this one, which is why I didn't pick one up.

Yeah this is like a year or two old. And if you scroll down the page and to the next you will see four or five threads about product from the company. They are an unlicensed knockoff brand. Meaning they do not get permission from marvel or the fox or the actors which is how they make product. It's like those fake nike shoes.

Yeah this is like a year or two old. And if you scroll down the page and to the next you will see four or five threads about product from the company. They are an unlicensed knockoff brand. Meaning they do not get permission from marvel or the fox or the actors which is how they make product. It's like those fake nike shoes.

I think you mean fake jordans. Which are almost identical to jordans, where these products aren't based off of anything since they are the only ones doing a saber tooth and dofp magneto. Not sure where you're going with this.

They are an unlicensed knockoff brand. Meaning they do not get permission from marvel or the fox or the actors which is how they make product. It's like those fake nike shoes.

It's nothing like that at all. This isn't a counterfeit, this is simply an unlicensed product - there's nothing "knock-off" about it, they're not using anyone else's branding nor pretending that it's something it isn't.

You don' t have to like the product, nor the company, nor any entity making unlicensed products, but get your terminology straight because it makes a big difference. Words are important.

Who knows, Toys Era could be the next Hot Toys since that's how they started of - making unlicenced figures

It's nothing like that at all. This isn't a counterfeit, this is simply an unlicensed product - there's nothing "knock-off" about it, they're not using anyone else's branding nor pretending that it's something it isn't.

You don' t have to like the product, nor the company, nor any entity making unlicensed products, but get your terminology straight because it makes a big difference. Words are important.

Words are important huh?

These are basically the same thing. They are both using someone else's trademarked goods. Both are illegal. Not all of this places that make knock off nike(and no lord whatever I didn't mean Jordan's..I meant nike. Remember words are important and I choose mine specifically.) I didn't say knock off air Jordan 1. I said knock off nike. Becuase, yes, they make knock off nikes that are not the same as ones sold by nike. Completly unique ones in fact. It's the swoosh and brand name that they are stealing. Copying the "look" and style of a specific item at times. And often not getting it dead on. Even so, still counterfeit becuase they used nikes trademark.

These are copying fox and marvel trademark goods(film costume, likeness, and intellectual property, and trademark) and not getting it spot on. Sounds pretty similar to me.

And given how " important words are"...I suggest you read them carefully. I said they where a knock off brand, making "unlicensed" goods. I used the nike example simply becuase most people don't understand the minor differences nor do they care to learn. And legally these fall into the same catagory.

I just got this guy from Timewalker toys . He awesome !! The detail is amazing . For the price it's a no brainer. A must buy . I'll post pics soon.

I'm very impressed with this figure . It looks to be very high quality . I'm definitely grabbing this . I'm also a fan of liev schreiber's sabretooth. The movie sucked but I enjoyed him as the bad guy .Toys Era TE001 �齒虎 THE VARIANT 開箱 - YouTube

My partner bought me this for Christmas, and I love it! All of the other custom sculpts of Liev's Vic aren't great. This one is as close as you can get without Hot Toys making it!

Not a great pic... I need to get some better ones of his face.

DSC_0150.jpg

Knock off means taking a product someone else made, no one has made these figures before. These are simply unlicensed.

I think that's valid distinction in Pixelpiper and Motuxmen's argument but I don't think the distinction takes away from Motuxmen's point about the ethics or legality of it?

Knock off means taking a product someone else made, no one has made these figures before. These are simply unlicensed.
:exactly:

They're not taking sales away from existing figures so no harm done

I'm not sure Fox who holds the rights for these specific versions of the characters, or Marvel who holds them generally, would agree that no harm is done.

Back