[Toys-Era] DOFP: Master of Magnetism 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Ryan Gosling looking sculpt is from modern life they are doing a vastly improved one soon.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Hmm with reshaped lips a Ryan Gosling head might make a passable Ben Foster for Angel. Need to see the hair first!

Cool. A search for Ryan Gosling revealed that Dam toys is doing a Ben Foster sculpt. Job done!

Okay, so the heating method and rubber band trick didn't seem to work for 24 hours. Going to try setting it for a week now, lol.

I tried a similar hot water and rubber band trick but had no luck with it :( . I eventually ended up just sticky tacking the flaps to his face which has held for several months now and looks good.

I tried a similar hot water and rubber band trick but had no luck with it :( . I eventually ended up just sticky tacking the flaps to his face which has held for several months now and looks good.

Thats what I did as well. Looks good now.

I'm pretty sure the only way to fix this, without using tac, is to grab a 12" art mannequin and heat up the helmet and put it on the head, since it's narrow, and then wrap it in a cut up ziploc bag with tape on the outside and then just freeze the damn thing for about 24 hours.

I'm pretty sure the only way to fix this, without using tac, is to grab a 12" art mannequin and heat up the helmet and put it on the head, since it's narrow, and then wrap it in a cut up ziploc bag with tape on the outside and then just freeze the damn thing for about 24 hours.
That's a lot of work for just flaps...

Sent from my XT1225 using Tapatalk

No more than some of the stuff people have done on this site though. It's a pretty key look and I'm not sure I can find clear tac. If there is such a thing. xD

After 72+ hours, I think it finally worked. The key is just heating up the flaps and then folding them in on themselves and immediately running cold water over it. Then, you quickly get the helmet on in the right position and wrap a rubber band around the center of the face quard/flaps. After that, you just leave it there for three or four days. Boom.

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

After 72+ hours, I think it finally worked. The key is just heating up the flaps and then folding them in on themselves and immediately running cold water over it. Then, you quickly get the helmet on in the right position and wrap a rubber band around the center of the face quard/flaps. After that, you just leave it there for three or four days. Boom.

I did the same, but also added some blu tack underneath the helmet. Holds great

Does anyone have any cool poses for this guy? I tried to get a pretty good one, but I think I've lost my ability to capture natural looking poses after all these years. xD

Back