Toy Anxiety's Ron Burgundy Custom Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick update. Upon trying to finish the hair, I pretty much messed it up, and need to chisel some of it off and redo it, mostly just the sides. Don't worry, it'll be fixed, but I'm sure you don't want the "fro" he's got right now :lol

In honesty, I was discouraged by the lack of interest in our Colin Clive custom after so many people wanted it, and once it became available, the interest all but disappeared. I lacked motivation to complete Burgundy as I fear the same results. Also, the fact I made the hair worse when trying to make it better created some frustration. However, I spent good money to get the bald sculpt, so it is my complete intention to get it done along with Buddy the Elf (though not in time for Christmas this year). Only problem I have right now is offering the required suit, so you guys might be on your own on that. Still willing to do several of his other key accessories though.

I sincerely intend to get working on him again hopefully next week, so by no means is the project dead. Just taking a break. Thanks for your patience, and PLEASE spread the word to other potential interested customizers.

Thanks for the update - glad to hear Ron is not dead! The sculpt is the key element so even if the suit doesn't happen, having the sculpt in the bag will give us a great start. Please keep us updated - thanks!

Yeah just having the head available will be fine, plenty of suits out there. Great news that it is still happening. It will be a fun thing to put together! :lol Also everytime we see the figure on the shelf we'll no doubt be quoting the film in our heads :lol

Hello. Just a quick update to say I completely started the hair over, and am nearly done. I had hoped to be done with it by Christmas, but time issues are getting in the way, and I'm not sure if I'll make it or not. I'm much happier with how the hair is turning out this time, an just need to refine the hairline around his face as well as add the mustache.

As I'm working on this, any excess putty is being added to another head which will be Buddy The Elf, so I'm actually hoping I'll be done with that as well, but more likely early in January.

Thanks again for your patience!

I saw the progress on the restarted ron sculpt today and it looks pretty good guys...worth the wait.

Round 2 of Mr. Burgundy is done. I'll post pictures hopefully Wednesday. Been damp & rainy, and I need to primer it before I do. I am also nearly done with the Buddy the Elf sculpt, so I'll show him too. I can never stop thanking you for your patience!

Back