Too old to collect?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asylum9

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So, check this out, there I was talking with so friends, one thing lead to another and we got on subject about collectables, hobbies that sort of thing. Of course there was scrapbooking, antiques, auctions, which I love going to, dolls, then I brought up action figures....no, not barbies based on movies, action figures, so I explain....as their eyes glaze over, a verbal "my son collects those", from one, and a "that's a bit twisted" when i explained my sideshow pinhead....one, maybe two thoughts came to me, I may be the only one my age collecting these figures, and the second thought is...Good for me! 😀

So, check this out, there I was talking with so friends, one thing lead to another and we got on subject about collectables, hobbies that sort of thing. Of course there was scrapbooking, antiques, auctions, which I love going to, dolls, then I brought up action figures....no, not barbies based on movies, action figures, so I explain....as their eyes glaze over, a verbal "my son collects those", from one, and a "that's a bit twisted" when i explained my sideshow pinhead....one, maybe two thoughts came to me, I may be the only one my age collecting these figures, and the second thought is...Good for me! ��

Time for a new friend :lol

So, check this out, there I was talking with so friends, one thing lead to another and we got on subject about collectables, hobbies that sort of thing. Of course there was scrapbooking, antiques, auctions, which I love going to, dolls, then I brought up action figures....no, not barbies based on movies, action figures, so I explain....as their eyes glaze over, a verbal "my son collects those", from one, and a "that's a bit twisted" when i explained my sideshow pinhead....one, maybe two thoughts came to me, I may be the only one my age collecting these figures, and the second thought is...Good for me! 😀
There are a lot of self called grown up people that think drinking a 500 wine bottle is an adult behavior. I prefer a collectible that not only will last for many years but probably increase it's value. #hottoyaarenotdolls [emoji16]

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Its one thing to display figures but if playing and posing them as an adult, thats kinda strange.

My brother thinks they're stupid too, yet he has HO and N gauge trains. He's a lot older than me too. He also has a poolside bar that he's decorated in Nascar and has many Nascar collectibles in it. That's different though, of course.

If people aren't interested in it, they think it's dumb or a waste of money. I have no interest in shoes or purses yet I have friends who have tons of each and spend quite a lot of money on them. I think it's stupid to pay over $20 for a purse. :lol

51 here. I do what makes me happy. I have a '70 Chevelle in the garage and drive it almost every day even though everyone says it should be kept stored. Yeah right, I'm driving it because it makes me happy. Have a huge high end autograph collection that everyone says should be stored away so nothing gets damaged. Yeah right, I look at it daily because it makes me happy. I proudly display my 1/6 collection in various curio cabinets around the house. Why? You know the answer.

51 here. I do what makes me happy. I have a '70 Chevelle in the garage and drive it almost every day even though everyone says it should be kept stored. Yeah right, I'm driving it because it makes me happy. Have a huge high end autograph collection that everyone says should be stored away so nothing gets damaged. Yeah right, I look at it daily because it makes me happy. I proudly display my 1/6 collection in various curio cabinets around the house. Why? You know the answer.

When I was younger, I used to buy things I really liked then I would "save" them for later. Like for something special or whatever. It was silly and at times I'm still that way. I'm trying to get over that completely since all that's happening is I'm not getting any enjoyment out of them. You have the right idea.

42 this year and I collect all sorts of things, one of them being Mattel Hot Wheels. I must have close to 500-600 hundred by now still in the blister pack (i do open some here and there) dating back to the mid eighties to present day. I just buy what i like, not any sort of a completis. I'm the old man rifling through the toy isle. I've seen others my age doing exactly the same thing, sometimes with their spouses. Your never to old to collect. To poor?.... maybe.

I grew up reading comic books with my brothers, watching Alfred Hitchcock with my mom, saw Star Wars 5 times when it first came out in a very old theater, watched Batman after school, hell, my whole childhood is on those shelves, and look how far these characters have come, the artwork is phenomenal....definitely designed to be enjoyed. Funny thing is, a few months ago my son asked me if I still had his action figures from years ago, do I have them....oh yeah, drugged them from one coast to another, one house to another, why? Well I guess I know the answer!

All kind of people out there. It's the people who can't accept others are the problematic ones. Sometimes Mr. Green worry about posting here while at work. Never know if there's one of those judgmental fool who think they have a certain morality or stereotype that everyone must fit in to be normal.

clearly... clearly you need BETTER friends, and yes, i say better and not just new friends

I Woke up today turned on FB and there was a 74 year old man body building in a video. I bet he gets hey thats GREAT and also why dont you take it easy your 74 years old.

I LOVE the line from MOVIE CITY SLICKERS where Jack Palance the tough old mean COWBOY says to BILLY CRYSTAL find your ONE THING IN LIFE that makes you HAPPY. I think if it doesnt KILL You Or Hurt you ENJOY IT.

I've met a lot cool collectors and people i think i could call friends in this hobby. I LOVE sharing info and seeing ALL our collections grow. I'm sure i'll move on some time but for right now it brings a lot of joy to my life. I Grew up with Comics and Loving movie's and now 1/6 scale and comic and sci fi are BIG Business right now. I think its kinda like how we were called dorks or geeky or nerdy to play D&D or read comics but now its got a huge following. Along with Movies catching up to technology we ALWAYS DREAMED OF when we read our comics n played with our GI JOES & TRansformers now some of those NERDS N GEEKS are Movie Directors and ANIMATORS. How OLD is Stan lee or Todd Mcfarlane ??? in my EYES they are Young as Hell at Heart and it good for your soul to have passion's and hobby's.

Do what makes you Happy the haters will be dust in the FN WIND. At least After im dust i'll have left behind a AMAZING COLLECTION.

Anyone living in the confines of what is deemed "adult behavior" is likely an insecure twat who has never felt passionate about anything and falls "within the lines" of social constructs, too afraid to explore new ideas or unpopular ways of thinking, acting, dressing, etc.

If dolls scare your friend, than find a new friend cause that's the type of person who turns you in for thought crimes.

Zero ****s given for insecure, cowed or intolerant ****s in my life.

A wise pooh once said....

8zBZe.gif

Back