Tony Stark's Hall of Armors Is Coming to Disneyland

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*GASP*

Is that an actual line to go get into Innoventions?!?

Awesome pics! Thanks. We didn't make it back in April, so we'll be for sure going in May, and I'm glad I'm not missing this.

We went today, it was pretty cool. If you went to 2012 SDCC, it's the same exact HoA and Mk42 that was at Marvel's SDCC booth. So if you'd already seen that, not a huge deal.

The additional stuff was a bunch of beautiful, big artwork (movie posters and stills from the movie) and then a 3-4 minute "suit up" thing where you become Iron Man, shoot targets, fly around Tony's shop etc. Not really worth the wait IMO for an adult, but kids love it. Seeing all of the suits close up (and you can get right up to the HoA suits) is really cool if you haven't seen it before.

They also had some other pieces in a case, I believe a coupe of helmets and chest pieces, maybe a boot? Meh, nothing to spectactular there.

Today (Sunday) when we went in at around noon, there was a 10 minute wait to get into the Innovations building, and then about a 45 minute wait in the line to do the "suit up" thing. Once you're in the building, you are free to walk around the exhibit, but there is a 2nd line for the suit up game thing.

But, we walked by later in the afternoon and the line into the building was all the way down the ramp. Not at all worth that kind of wait if you ask me.

I'm loading my photos now, will post some when I can.

Here is a link to all of my photos on my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152368562454460.1073741831.694374459&type=1&l=3aa4e49bf4

Here are a few that I thought I would share here. The line for the suit up thing goes through a sort of tunnel that's behind the HoA. In that tunnel there is a bunch of large photos / posters from the movie:

62605_10152368563044460_697945250_n.jpg

404639_10152368562969460_743172856_n.jpg

Here is my Son suiting up:

34722_10152368562889460_457240301_n.jpg

525190_10152368562764460_1557375168_n.jpg

430214_10152368562854460_1506160845_n.jpg

And the suits / HoA:

30564_10152368562684460_1644775941_n.jpg

12011_10152368562544460_549077640_n.jpg

I went by there the other day. What a religious experience! Lol. Took some pretty up close footage of the suits! Worth watching if you are a fan.

[ame]https://youtu.be/1-xcL76f_U0[/ame]

Last edited:
Awesome photos and video guys, I really can't wait to see this in a couple of weeks.

Cofphoto, what kind of camera did you take those shots with?

I went by there the other day. What a religious experience! Lol. Took some pretty up close footage of the suits! Worth watching if you are a fan.

https://youtu.be/1-xcL76f_U0

Great video, thanks for sharing that. Next best thing to being there, I imagine.

Couple of things I noticed... the Battle Damaged Mk III looks like it has the same proportionality problem and "pink panties" that the HT statue has... although to a lesser degree. It's probably just lighting, but I couldn't help but watch and think, "Hey, pink panties."

Some of the detailing on the "nuts and bolt" on the Mark V, for example, seem a little flat and painted on. Hoping it looks better in person.

Great photos, cofphoto!

And, Lars, that's great but I'm curious why you chose to edit it the way you did. You jump around from armor to armor and not in order, but randomly... and I think you skipped the Mark 42 armor from Iron Man 3?

My daughter and i did this 2 weekends ago but the virtual suit line was too long , got a great pic of her in front of the mark VII though :)

Last edited:
Great photos, cofphoto!

And, Lars, that's great but I'm curious why you chose to edit it the way you did. You jump around from armor to armor and not in order, but randomly... and I think you skipped the Mark 42 armor from Iron Man 3?

Lots of grey then lots of red if you go in chronological order. You need to break up the monotony of the color scheme.

The mark 42 is just a standard display piece. It does not come from the same collection as the 7 hall of armor suits. I do however have just as much footage of it if you need it. Thanks for the compliment on the video.

Lots of grey then lots of red if you go in chronological order. You need to break up the monotony of the color scheme.

I guess I just prefer to see it in chronological order since it's fun to see the progression of it. Thanks for the response.

so epcot, or tomorrowland, which is gonna long term become "Stark industries" themed

Neither.

At least not in the near future.

Disney cannot build anything Marvel themed East of the Mississippi thanks to Universal's Island of Adventure.

Tomorrowland in Disneyland is more likely to become more TRON themed than Iron Man.

Neither.

At least not in the near future.

Disney cannot build anything Marvel themed East of the Mississippi thanks to Universal's Island of Adventure.

Tomorrowland in Disneyland is more likely to become more TRON themed than Iron Man.

I totally forgot about Island of Adventure... Is that restriction up at any point in the future? I'd love a Marvel themed area in California Adventure/Disneyland though.

And they definitely need more Tron stuff. I actually spent $10 on tokens at the arcade area near the Star Tours gift shop just to get as many Flynn's Arcade tokens as I could... :D

I totally forgot about Island of Adventure... Is that restriction up at any point in the future? I'd love a Marvel themed area in California Adventure/Disneyland though.

And they definitely need more Tron stuff. I actually spent $10 on tokens at the arcade area near the Star Tours gift shop just to get as many Flynn's Arcade tokens as I could... :D

I'm not sure when the restriction is up but I believe as long as Universal keeps Marvel Superhero Island, they (disney) cannot build. I'm sure Universal is thinking up alternatives for that land as we speak, in case Disney starts charging more for their licensing fees when it's time to renegotiate that.

There's a rumor right now that a TRON ride will be coming to Disneyland's Tomorrowland and they'll get a redesign for the land as well, but nothing has been announced. Shanghai Disneyland is still set to get a TRON coaster of some type so it might be shared technologies.

I was disappointed in the Stark Expo - a few armors and some games - guess it was unrealistic to expect to see the innovations building redone from top to bottom to reflect Starks universe. Instead, it just feels crammed in and getting pics was waste of time seeing as everyone was crowding each other to get the best spot. Glad i can say i saw it but once is enough.

I was disappointed in the Stark Expo - a few armors and some games - guess it was unrealistic to expect to see the innovations building redone from top to bottom to reflect Starks universe. Instead, it just feels crammed in and getting pics was waste of time seeing as everyone was crowding each other to get the best spot. Glad i can say i saw it but once is enough.

It's definitely not a "main event". Just a small new update to an overall Innoventions attraction.

Does anyone know if this is also coming to Disney World?

And currently, is this still scheduled to end in September at Disneyland, or has that been extended?

Thanks.

Back