Tom Baker as The Doctor, Season 18 custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombaker369

Freakzoid
Reaction score
hello all
here's something I finished agesss ago but only recently have gotten back into liking lol
its Tom Baker as The Doctor from his final season in the role, season 18
dressed in the wonderful burgundy themed outfit with the brilliant 18fter scarf he wore lol
continued089.jpg

continued088.jpg

continued086.jpg

hope you all like :)

I think the hair could have done with a bit more work but the expression is excellent,very accurate for season 18 when Tom's Doctor was a lot darker than in previous years.

I think the hair could have done with a bit more work but the expression is excellent,very accurate for season 18 when Tom's Doctor was a lot darker than in previous years.

you're quite right about the hair, but this was during the stages when I didn't know how to sculpt curly hair or simply "mad" hair like Tom's, the sculpt I did after this of him is, i think the surperior one as the hair works best, if anything, I was laziest on this one lol but still, I love it so lol
the sculpt I've shown here is I think slightly cartoony, making the features somewhat caricatured, but that sort of makes the likeness a little stronger I find whereas the other sculpt, although more "realistic" seems to lack something I find.
of course this is all arrogant nonsense and I'll let you be the judge
this sculpt is roughly based around the look he had in "Warrior's Gate" where he looked almost ill, which I believe he was at the time and so his hair was rather flat, it appealed to me for some reason, not because it seemed "easy" but just visually interesting lol
continued003-1.jpg

continued006.jpg

continued008.jpg

Last edited:
I've not seen all of season 18 yet and in fact I just got the E-Space Trilogy box set in the post this morning but I think BOTH sculpts have got the expression right and whilst I prefer the 2nd one due to the more realistic styling I think you've done well in capturing Tom's likeness in 2 different ways.

I love Dr. Who and Baker is the reason I ever got into it. I can't sculpt for crap and your work is quite good, but, for some reason when I look at that first version all I can see is Leonard Nimoy. Don't know if its the lighting, the shadows or justthe general face shape. No offense, its still a great sculpt!

Back