To SS: What time does the weekly newsletter go up?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, to settle this once and for all...

Before about 18 months ago, there was NO set time for the newsletter at all... usually it went up on Fridays at some time during the work day... sometimes early, sometimes late, depending on the amount of information contained within it, possibly technical problems, etc etc.

Due to customer feedback, we updated that process (including the feature that let's you read it online instead of waiting to receive it) and have publically stated that, as Lonnie posted, it would usually go up between 6-7 PM (Pacific Time) on Thursday evenings... occasionally it may be a tad late because, after all, we are all human... plus we are dealing with machines, and internet capabilities, and databases, and all that fun stuff. I don't remember a time that it's been much later than 7:30 PM though, and as a team, we try VERY hard to hit that 'between 6-7' target.

Unfortunately, we cannot set a more specific time because of all the factors involved. As stated previously in this thread, it is in no way like a PPO, where it's just one item that's going up for sale. There are multiple items, multiple previews, multiple content pieces, affiliate concerns, etc. all occurring simultaneously.

If there is something coming up in the next newsletter that we think may be a big deal (like the limited Lounge Lorne order, etc) we make every effort to either tell you to expect it, or to set a PPO for it. Therefore, you can make your own personal decision about whether you'd like to keep hitting refresh from 6-7 PM.

Thank you for your patience and understanding - and your passion! :duff

Last edited:
Hey, what time does the newsletter go up? I have things to do! :D

But seriously, thank you, Dusty!

The newsletter posts online weekly, Thursday evenings between 6-7 PM (Pacific Time) , unless we have a hard time dealing with the deadline and choose to irresponsibly go surfing, sunning or make ridiculous assumptions.

Best,
C

Chicky said:
The newsletter posts online weekly, Thursday evenings between 6-7 PM (Pacific Time) , unless we have a hard time dealing with the deadline and choose to irresponsibly go surfing, sunning or make ridiculous assumptions.

Best,
C

. :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :bow

SideshowDusty said:

Before about 18 months ago, there was NO set time for the newsletter at all... usually it went up on Fridays at some time during the work day... sometimes early, sometimes late, depending on the amount of information contained within it, possibly technical problems, etc etc.

Due to customer feedback, we updated that process (including the feature that let's you read it online instead of waiting to receive it) and have publically stated that, as Lonnie posted, it would usually go up between 6-7 PM (Pacific Time) on Thursday evenings... occasionally it may be a tad late because, after all, we are all human... plus we are dealing with machines, and internet capabilities, and databases, and all that fun stuff. I don't remember a time that it's been much later than 7:30 PM though, and as a team, we try VERY hard to hit that 'between 6-7' target.

Unfortunately, we cannot set a more specific time because of all the factors involved. As stated previously in this thread, it is in no way like a PPO, where it's just one item that's going up for sale. There are multiple items, multiple previews, multiple content pieces, affiliate concerns, etc. all occurring simultaneously.

If there is something coming up in the next newsletter that we think may be a big deal (like the limited Lounge Lorne order, etc) we make every effort to either tell you to expect it, or to set a PPO for it. Therefore, you can make your own personal decision about whether you'd like to keep hitting refresh from 6-7 PM.

I can live with that Dusty. I do feel however when you 'find' rare or long sold out items in the warehouse, especially ones we were on a wait list for and SS canceled the list because they didn't expect to find any, that there has to be a more fairer system than who reads the newsletter first. Even the express updates don't help if you don't receive the e-mail at the same time as everyone else. It's a shame that people didn't see the fairness of a limited entry lottery for those Ultra Limited items. I felt that was the only way to actually level the chances among everyone interested to secure one. Exactly like getting tickets to that big sports event or concert. Works for them, why can't it work for collectibles?

SideshowDusty said:

This post should be made a shining gloriously eternal STICKY THREAD. Lonnie, snap to it! :tap

lcummins said:
And again, to generalize people in California like you did above, doesn't add anything to legitimize your previous posts or help in your quest for a more precise time for the newsletter.

Obviously you and the people who are upset from California can't conceive a post with a humorous poke unless it includes a smiley toon.

:stick :stick :stick :stick

I hope that makes up for it. :lol

BTW, I own a house in La Mesa. I do get out there a couple of times a year and have for 20 years now. Never known peeps from Cali to be so uptight. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Back